Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Biking - Maynooth Area

Options
  • 22-06-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

I'm spending two nights in Maynooth next week while on a course for work. The course will finish around 4 each day and I was looking for something to do to pass the evenings so thought I would bring my hardtail.

I can't seem to find much information on what's around the area though. I came across Donadea Forest Park and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any decent trails through it.

Full disclosure, my standard is a 'good novice' so I wouldn't be able for big jumps or gaps however I would definitely love a go on some fast singletrack.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a couple of lads i know take the bikes to donadea on a weekly basis. they seem to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

you could also cycle along the canal if you preferred?

Donadea is a nice spot, but a bit out of Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Thanks guys!
    daheff wrote: »
    you could also cycle along the canal if you preferred?

Donadea is a nice spot, but a bit out of Maynooth.

Sorry, should of mentioned, I'll have the car with me too so don't mind travelling a bit if it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If you have the car you might as well go towards Three Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Hurrache wrote: »
    If you have the car you might as well go towards Three Rock.

Thanks for that! Just watched a couple of videos on YouTube of it, looks great! Should have no problems passing the evening there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Traffic wise you should be fine too. It's a relatively quite time of the year on the M50 at the moment, plus north to south is always better in evening rush hour, you'll usually have a slow down around Ballymount but anytime outside of that you'll be flying barring any accidents.

Advertisement