Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driveway idea

Options
  • 22-06-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello, my driveway needs to be done. I have chosen to plant ornamental grass, lavender, rosemary, allium and sempervivum. Do you guys think it is good idea? I don't know how many plants I need and what to plant around ornamental grass. Will be grateful for any hints.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

wilczyca wrote: »
    Hello, my driveway needs to be done. I have chosen to plant ornamental grass, lavender, rosemary, allium and sempervivum. Do you guys think it is good idea? I don't know how many plants I need and what to plant around ornamental grass. Will be grateful for any hints.

I hope the area your planting gets good levels of sunlight with the plants you are choosing. Often it is best to put the tallest plants at the back and smaller ones near the front where they can be seen but you will have to consider not shading out the smaller ones as the miscanthus in particular gets taller. Rosemary also can grow fairly tall but will look better if you can keep it trimmed. Lavender will also get through the winter better if trimmed just after flowering. Could be worth considering having a bunch of some of the plants to give more impact as one plant on its own would have less impact, particularly something small like the sempervivum.

Advertisement