Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio & Driveway paving contractors in Midlands

Options
  • 22-06-2018 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't figure out where it should go!

I'm looking for any recommendations for good, reliable, honest paving contractors that could handle a large-ish job near Tullamore.

So far the investigations I have done myself have resulted in either landscapers that aren't interested in hard landscaping, people who don't call back, or inexperienced types who are trying their hand at a bit of ol' paving.

Searching online throws up websites which seem to be recently created and remarkably similar to several others - if you know what I mean.

Patio area will be over 100m2, driveway will be over 250m2
    I'd need someone who can guide us on the right materials to produce something low maintenance and durable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

- Don't have names to recommend based on personal experience, as my garden re-work is to be planned in future.

An idea would be to go ask for info in Fernhill Gardens - they seem to have hard landscaping services, or maybe they can recommend someone for your needs.
    Also, did you use ALCI website in your searches up to now, to find other local contractors ?
    - https://alci.ie/member-directory/member/53/fernhill-landscapes

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ArrBee

mvl wrote: »
    - Don't have names to recommend based on personal experience, as my garden re-work is to be planned in future.

An idea would be to go ask for info in Fernhill Gardens - they seem to have hard landscaping services, or maybe they can recommend someone for your needs.
    Also, did you use ALCI website in your searches up to now, to find other local contractors ?
    - https://alci.ie/member-directory/member/53/fernhill-landscapes

Thanks for your response.

I've tried both of those suggestions and come to realize that Landscapers are generally only interested when there is planting involved. There are exceptions to this of course, I know of one who seems to do good work but getting hold of them is impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

ok, sounds like getting hold on good ones takes time as ppl have more money to spend on home improvements these days.
    anyway, good luck with your search.

Advertisement