Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVIII - Eastenders

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ah flip. Sorry mods.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

Here's an idea, do it or don't up to you folks.

Everyone state a player they DON'T want to lynch today, and a reason. Perhaps we can build a town core through this for today, then re-evaluate tomorrow, of course.

I'll even compile them.

Let's call it...

#FFANoLynch

I'll even go first.

Clodagh - has similar playstyle to me I think, don't at the moment see it contingent with wolfy behaviour.

Seems like a fairly transparent plan to find roled villagers for the Wolves. Not having it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Hmmmm...

Everyone state a player they DON'T want to lynch today, and a reason. Perhaps we can build a town core through this for today, then re-evaluate tomorrow, of course.

I'll even compile them.

Let's call it...

#FFANoLynch

I'll even go first.

Clodagh - has similar playstyle to me I think, don't at the moment see it contingent with wolfy behaviour.

I like the line of thinking.

I just hate that you chose Clodagh of all people.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Hmmmm...

I'll even compile them.

Let's call it...

#FFANoLynch

I'll even go first.

Would this not just turn into mass pocketing attemps?

I mean, it would make the most sense to audibly say you feel the loudest person is safest in an effort to try and have them not attack you.

No?

Could be wrong, obviously.

Normally I am to be fair.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Pter wrote:
    Thats a novel approach. Any downsides to creating such a list? Could be used as a wolf hit list? A wolf could sneak in there and escape some peoples FFAs owed to their presence on the list?

Pter wrote:
    Ah flip. Sorry mods.

Lol. Old habits die hard Pter.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Thats a novel approach. Any downsides to creating such a list? Could be used as a wolf hit list? A wolf could sneak in there and escape some peoples FFAs owed to their presence on the list?

I demand to know to whome this post is attributed to :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Top ah the mornen to ya laddy.

Long time listener first time caller and my question is for you Clodagh.

How did you compile that first post so fast after the thread opening its very impressive

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

:pac:

Put your clothes on :cool:

In answer to your question though man with no clothes on, perhaps.

Hence re-evaluation each day is crucial. They MIGHT escape one day, but not every day. We can only lynch one wolf at a time.

:pac:

Put your clothes on :cool:

In answer to your question though man with no clothes on, perhaps.

Hence re-evaluation each day is crucial. They MIGHT escape one day, but not every day. We can only lynch one wolf at a time.

Honestly do not see the benefit to this.

It takes away a lot of discussion also on an evil list.

How does it go?

5 people think clodagh is good.

Clodagh says 'thanks'.

The end.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Would this not just turn into mass pocketing attemps?

I mean, it would make the most sense to audibly say you feel the loudest person is safest in an effort to try and have them not attack you.

No?

Could be wrong, obviously.

Normally I am to be fair.

Maybe, but as I said, we can only lynch one wolf at a time.

A town core that trusts each other, only for a day and only if tentatively will route out this evil amongst us quicker than jumping at shadows.

Just my two cents.

Also, in this case, re-evaluation is KEY. So we do it every day.

And that's why it's only one player per person, not three.

Top three/five are town core for that day.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Liam WW wrote:
    Long time listener first time caller and my question is for you Clodagh.

Well the thread has been up since Friday, and my first post wasn't really theme specific at all (and I thought the game was task free - and I still think videos won't be tasks) so while I was waiting for the thread to open, I pulled together some songs.

D0 is always/usually nonsense and I've never had a first post in a game, so I tried to make it a good one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Hmmmm...

I'll even compile them.

Let's call it...

#FFANoLynch

I'll even go first.

I like your thinking and I'm usually better at finding goodies than baddies, but this could end up being misleading.

Do you suggest having a regular FFA also or just this today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah flip. Sorry mods.

Punishment incoming,

Hey look.

If it gains traction as the shiny new thing I'll row in with it.

Just don't see the merits.

Meh, like I'm not going to push it. Just thinking of ways to change the game up and try and build a tentative town core to begin with. Better than just suspecting people for what normally is harmless nonsense, or worse, a roled player trying to stay low.

Doris WW wrote: »
    I like your thinking and I'm usually better at finding goodies than baddies, but this could end up being misleading.

Both.

But Day 1 FFAs are really difficult. So this is a nice addition.

Imo anyways.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Doris WW wrote: »

Issue with FFAs is if I had to do one now, I know I'd tunnel on people who have been super active, which is what, a third of the street? There's still a lot of punters hiding in the booths, not getting involved.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Not a crazy amount of posts to analyse which is a bonus.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I’m a strong believer in finding players to trust but considering the badduns know the godduns anyway, it doesn’t feel right having that as our FFA list.

By all means state who you think is good but having a list of bad means they have to respond and we hopefully can gauge more from their reactions.

Hey look.

If it gains traction as the shiny new thing I'll row in with it.

Just don't see the merits.

It's data for later.

Ok, I'll come at it from another angle.

The wolves already know who the villagers are, so they have the advantage already.

Naming people you trust at THIS point, to obviously be evaluated at a later date - I don't see the harm in that.

I mean, yes. The data CAN be messed with given we have wolves in our presence.

But we outnumber them so it's gonna mostly be pure.

And some people struggle with an FFA day 1, and this is a better way to glean information from some.

Like, it's not mandatory, I just think it might help when he have basically nothing to go on.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    I’m a strong believer in finding players to trust but considering the badduns know the godduns anyway, it doesn’t feel right having that as our FFA list.

By all means state who you think is good but having a list of bad means they have to respond and we hopefully can gauge more from their reactions.

Oh, of course.

We do an FFA seperate to the No Lynch one. I wasn't replacing it, merely supplementing it.

More conversation means more reactions to garner.

It's already working :)

I don't see how having a list of players we think are good can do anything but narrow down wolf choices for munching.

Also, if this takes off I'd like to be immune from nomination today.

Can't have people taking the easy choice on the loudmouth ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Well the thread has been up since Friday, and my first post wasn't really theme specific at all (and I thought the game was task free - and I still think videos won't be tasks) so while I was waiting for the thread to open, I pulled together some songs.

D0 is always/usually nonsense and I've never had a first post in a game, so I tried to make it a good one.

O you kinda had it ready, awh that makes more sense

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I don't see how having a list of players we think are good can do anything but narrow down wolf choices for munching.

They already know who's good :P

Anyone who isn't a wolf team member is munchable.

I'm not outing roles or anything.

Also, if this takes off I'd like to be immune from nomination today.

Can't have people taking the easy choice on the loudmouth ;)

You want to be immune from being the prime wolf target for munch? :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I don't hate Steve's idea but I don't see the real point of it. A village core sounds great but would be as wishy washy as a person's FFA list for today. Whatever about later on.

In the absence of anything else to go on though I can see the merit of it. It would be an easier thing for me to name someone I think is on the level rather than 3 people who I'd be suspicious of. I always think D1 FFA's are useless.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I think I’d need to see it in practice to work out whether it’s a good idea or not. Not got me bonce fully around the concept yet.

You want to be immune from being the prime wolf target for munch? :D

:pac::pac: I don't fear the munch. I just don't want to be stuck here defending myself when loads of people decide, hey - I'll nominate Steve, he seems a chipper guy - and then people get paranoid that this is a wolfy plot. Cos it ain't.

Discussion on it is good though. It's got people talking, at least.

• Advertisement

Surely if we are highlighting people who we think are great then we are less likely to get a village core as the Wolves will have our group leaders handed to them?

Advertisement