Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVIII - Eastenders

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Was one of them a person who has claimed seer?

Actually i don't know if you should answer this.

Although it would help to put pressure on the two people maaking claims.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

seer-iously, you guys.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    seer-iously, you guys.

O im gona use that when im nrv again!!

Barbara WW wrote: »
    If Angus is bad, surely he'd just say "X returned Bad, I is right!"

How do we get around this catch 22?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Well, depending on the answer it might hint at a future peek. I’d say the wolves didn’t just run with a claim, they likely looked to seed the soil at some point

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Which is why I want to see what happens with Derry and his powers.

Like...fair chance that what I saw, in retrospect, was pure coincidence, right?

How do we get around this catch 22?

If angus is bad Eva has assured us the priest is alive. Angus has called Eva a wolf however. Therefore if he’s lying the real priest is out there

A wolf can’t really claim it given we have the other 3 and a seer in play with sk potentially gone

So Derry needs to reveal who Angus or Eva is?

So Derry needs to reveal who Angus or Eva is?

That’s one option, he has a few that would get us there though. He’s being understandably cagey

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I make a post and two mins later there's another reveal and now Babs is claiming a further two seers???

I've lost track so far, how far along are we with claimed roles?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I guess Derry picked someone not online right now. Unless, the reveal takes place at a certain time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I make a post and two mins later there's another reveal and now Babs is claiming a further two seers???

I've lost track so far, how far along are we with claimed roles?

Clarity; Babs did no such thing.

Also after out community centre is up and running can we crowdfund a Walford scoreboard to erect in the square to keep track of all these claims?

Abigail WW wrote: »
    We seem to be in an interesting position.

Eva assured us the priest is alive

Angus has claimed priest

They’re clearly not on the same side

Therefore if angus isn’t priest the real priest can claim and we have 3 wolves

If angus is priest we have 3 wolves

A wolf can’t fake claim if angus is the priest because then we’d have 4 wolves

If sk is gone then kill rate becomes manageable

If I’m right it’s pretty solid we have a block of wolves, just one left either way. May be heavily embedded if they’re making a play like this.

ian-mcshane-tHUxoLv6Wc0Ks

mitchell-hope-d7gjBWon115Ac

(Not a claim btw)

Hmm there’s actually one gap in my logic that I may come back to

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Actually as I'm reading the post, I'm aware I could just as easily expose how bloody naïve I am at this game. Basically, I spotted what I thought was a seer signaling hi to me after my reveal yesterday. It could be quite likely that I completely misread the posts though. But two people both used a word that made me think they were seer....

Sorry, Babs claimed potential Seer behaviour coming from two players.

Who were they? What was the signal?

Why should we trust you this time?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I need a conversation with my Bruv

WE FORGOT ABOUT PHILL

I've a flight to catch on Friday, can we get things moving here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Also after out community centre is up and running can we crowdfund a Walford scoreboard to erect in the square to keep track of all these claims?

Self Claims:
    Angus WW - Dot Cotton / Priest
    Barbara WW - Robbie Jackson / [Role?]
    Clodagh WW - [Character?] / Seer
    Derry WW - Patrick Trueman / The Good Shaman
    Eva WW - Pat Butcher / Apprentice Priest
    Katie WW - [Character?] / Seer - soft claim
    Riona WW - Pauline Fowler / Nosey Parker Seer

Other Claims:
    Brendan WW - Barry Evans / The Loser Seer (Claimed by Angus)
    Desmond WW - Pat Butcher / Apprentice Seer (Claimed by Angus)
    Desmond WW - Zoe Slater / Apprentice Seer (Claimed by Clodagh)
    Eva WW - Trevor Morgan / Wolf (Claimed by Riona)
    Fiona WW - Frank Butcher / NRV (Claimed by Angus)
    Gabriel WW - Nick Cotton / SK-Evil Shaman (Claimed by Angus)
    Isla WW - Dr Legg / NRV (Claimed by Angus)
    Katie WW - Ricky / NRV (Claimed by Angus)
    Mary WW - Heather Trott / NRV (Claimed by Angus)
    Steve WW - Bianca Butcher / NRV (Claimed by Angus)
    Orla WW - Max Branning / Wolf (Claimed by Riona)

Doris WW wrote: »
    I've a flight to catch on Friday, can we get things moving here.

You want faster than this?!?!

• Advertisement

You want faster than this?!?!

There has been nothing new in the last hour and only a handfull online. So yeah. :D

So to summarize the night/morning

One of the following group are all wolves

Eva/orla/ clodagh

Or

Riona/ angus

What say you folks? Orla right now feels like the correct lynch to solve the puzzle to me, subject to whatever Derry comes back with

WE FORGOT ABOUT PHILL

Ok are u taking the piss with caps now?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Angus WW wrote: »

I would assume that the wolves have a Priest who tells them the role and character of who they kill. They knew Des was Pat Butcher, Apprentice Seer.
    Eva then took on the character of Pat Butcher knowing there'd be no counter claim. And Clodagh renamed him Zoe Slater, but gave his correct role as Apprentice Seer. Therefore, we've two wolves in Eva and Clodagh as their lies have been exposed. It verifies Riona, therefore we can trust that Orla is also a wolf.

Core team:
    Me, Riona, Derry

Wolves:
    Eva, Orla, Clodagh

Ok explain to me again how you're getting the Clodagh as a wolf thing? Just because she named the character wrong? You've both got Des down as apprentice seer. If this was a wolf play, and the wolves do indeed have a wolf seer/wolf priest, why would they get the name wrong of the character? They would know that you, the real priest, weren't dead and could come out and counter Clodagh's claim. Why would they make such a mistake?

Eva/orla/ clodagh

Or

Riona/ angus

What say you folks? Orla right now feels like the correct lynch to solve the puzzle to me, subject to whatever Derry comes back with

Which group do you think?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

WE FORGOT ABOUT PHILL

I mentioned him a few hours ago, and that we could assume that Jake is village as a result of it.

Interesting mechanic, I'd love to know why the bullet failed though.

I buy Jake's claim, that he had a time frame to use his bullet and that he would return to NRV from 10am onward.

Also, is there a possibility Jake's holding back a detail about his power?

Grant/Vig has been awfully quiet since that one hit. Was Grant killed, and is Jake/Phil's bullet with a time-limit a triggered result after the death of his brother?

However, that goes against what Angus said in his revelation. We got no confirmation that Grant was killed.

Come to think of it, we got no confirmation our BG was killed either. So WTF have Vig and BG been at for most of the game?

Eva/orla/ clodagh

Or

Riona/ angus

Have all bar angus disappeared?

Ok are u taking the piss with caps now?

Seems kind of angry doesn’t he

Actually, I know its been talked about, but if there are faulty guns in play (jake) there is a good chance there are fool seer/priest in play. What if both groups are telling the truth and both think they are seer/priest. The wolves could be sitting back laughing at us tearing each other apart.

This info from Derrys power could be crucial.

• Advertisement

Also, thinking about last night's Jake/Phil bullet episode, where is Liam?

Think he popped in earlier to say something like the game resembles The Talented Mr. Ripley, but no other commentary on events.

Of course there's bigger fish to fry in the Square chippie today, but be careful village of those who are slipping by under the radar while the main issues are getting debated.

Which group do you think?

Ah I’m biased, I’m not a fan of Clodagh. I’m trying to put that to one side though and weigh things up fairly. There are strange aspects to either sides strategy

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ok explain to me again how you're getting the Clodagh as a wolf thing? Just because she named the character wrong? You've both got Des down as apprentice seer. If this was a wolf play, and the wolves do indeed have a wolf seer/wolf priest, why would they get the name wrong of the character? They would know that you, the real priest, weren't dead and could come out and counter Clodagh's claim. Why would they make such a mistake?

Clodagh said that Desmond was Zoe Slater, Apprentice Seer.

I knew she was lying as I'd been told that Desmond was Pat Butcher, Apprentice Seer.

Why would she not just say that Desmond was Pat Butcher, Apprentice Seer? Because Eva had already used the Pat Butcher role to claim Apprentice Priest.

They took Desmond's role and split it between them knowing that he was dead and nobody else could claim to be Pat Butcher or Apprentice Seer.

Note that Clodagh hasn't mentioned her character name yet.

I'd assume they don't have a full Priest, but get the character names and roles of those they kill, so Katie, Desmond and Gabriel. Desmond was most handy, as they could then use Katie's seer fake claim later (they did).

For all they knew the Priest was already dead by Lynch or SK - they wouldn't have been told those characters and roles. It was a calculated risk, I guess. Also a risk that the Zoe Slater character wasn't being used by another player either.

I knew she was lying as I'd been told that Desmond was Pat Butcher, Apprentice Seer.

Why would she not just say that Desmond was Pat Butcher, Apprentice Seer? Because Eva had already used the Pat Butcher role to claim Apprentice Priest.

They took Desmond's role and split it between them knowing that he was dead and nobody else could claim to be Pat Butcher or Apprentice Seer.

I'd assume they don't have a full Priest, but get the character names and roles of those they kill, so Katie, Desmond and Gabriel. Desmond was most handy, as they could then use Katie's seer fake claim later (they did).

For all they knew the Priest was already dead by Lynch or SK - they wouldn't have been told those characters and roles. It was a calculated risk, I guess. Also a risk that the Zoe Slater character wasn't being used by another player either.

Interesting use of Zoe slater though, relatively obscure in the scheme of things and not a name id associate as a power player on the square

Actually, I know its been talked about, but if there are faulty guns in play (jake) there is a good chance there are fool seer/priest in play. What if both groups are telling the truth and both think they are seer/priest. The wolves could be sitting back laughing at us tearing each other apart.

This info from Derrys power could be crucial.

I've actually considered that. I had huge doubts about whether I was getting the right information myself, even before I learned the Barry Evan's Loser Seer role. But I think I'm legit. The role reveals don't contradict information garnered on thread, and the Dot Cotton name ties in well with the role in the same way that Barry's ties in with being a loser. It's why I asked Eva and Clodagh who their characters were. Which … note, Clodagh never answered.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Right so its Angus & Riona then. Someone else said it; its entirely possible the wolves have a seer and a priest. So this really is a simple choice between two opposing stories.

Angus argument about Pat Butcher vs Zoe Slater is ridiculous. If i was a wolf and knew Dessie was Pat, i wouldn't say Zoe, knowing there is a priest being out there to call me on it. I said Zoe because that is what the mods told me when i peeked Dessie.

My information is correct and i am the village seer. I assume Riona is wolf seer and Angus is wolf priest. Derry is the only arbiter. Hopefully he used the reveal on me or Riona or Angus and we can get this cleared up and lynch these 2 wolves.

Oh and my character name is Denis Rickman, Angus.

• Advertisement

I've actually considered that. I had huge doubts about whether I was getting the right information myself, even before I learned the Barry Evan's Loser Seer role. But I think I'm legit. The role reveals don't contradict information garnered on thread, and the Dot Cotton name ties in well with the role in the same way that Barry's ties in with being a loser. It's why I asked Eva and Clodagh who their characters were. Which … note, Clodagh never answered.

Then Lynch must be Eva or Clodagh

You are big to point this out, but i did say on thread i wouldnt be back until 1.....and then you asked your question.

You have been constructing your story and reinforcing it knowing i wasnt around.

Then Lynch must be Eva or Clodagh

Can't be certain until the force reveal, and hope its not a fake one at that.

Ok I see your reasoning here. So you think that the wolf priest only gets the roles of the ones they killed. Thanks for the response.

The problem is I'm inclined to believe Clodagh over Riona. The Eva thing I considered seperate to Clodagh seeing as how she hadn't peeked her and therefore couldn't confirm if she was lying or not. If they are on the same team why wouldn't she just have said I peeked her and she is the app priest?

I'm gonna wait to hear from Clodagh before I make a decision here. Derry's reveal is vital too. Not sure what the delay in action is?

Can't be certain until the force reveal, and hope its not a fake one at that.

Can't keep double thinking every decision

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Clodagh who is on your trust pile beside Eva and orla??

Same question to orla and eva

Unless that's what the wolves want us to think!

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Right so its Angus & Riona then. Someone else said it; its entirely possible the wolves have a seer and a priest. So this really is a simple choice between two opposing stories.

Angus argument about Pat Butcher vs Zoe Slater is ridiculous. If i was a wolf and knew Dessie was Pat, i wouldn't say Zoe, knowing there is a priest being out there to call me on it. I said Zoe because that is what the mods told me when i peeked Dessie.

My information is correct and i am the village seer. I assume Riona is wolf seer and Angus is wolf priest. Derry is the only arbiter. Hopefully he used the reveal on me or Riona or Angus and we can get this cleared up and lynch these 2 wolves.

Oh and my character name is Denis Rickman, Angus.

Ok ok the question is the same to you then Clodagh. If Angus/Riona are the wolves, why would they say that Des was Pat Butcher if they'd been told he was Zoe Slater?

Can't keep double thinking every decision

It's a common power though, that the alpha wolf peaks as good. This is a force reveal though so we should be good.

Can the mods open the lynch form please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lynch form will be open shortly

Jaysus this is a head-f**k, I've no reason to doubt Angus or Clodagh except for things that sprung up on Day 0, i.e. potential fluff.

Clodagh posted an ITV Chart Show of music videos as her first post. Could have been tasky.

Angus posted "Hoo's it gaun lads and lassies? Room for a wee Scottish lad in your fair London town??" as his first post. It made me think of the Scottish Trevor Morgan at the time, but it also just could have been related to the Scottishness of the name Angus.

Why would Angus signify he was a wolf in his first post if he was actually Trevor? It could have been a task along the lines of 'Eastenders is full of dodgy accents, make a post in your character's accent'.

Yeah, my head is melted here.

Riona WW wrote: »

This is misdirection. Orla wasnt on my trust pile. I was never sure about Orla. In fact, i remember having her on my FFAs. Or have you not bothered to go back and research your 'peeks'.

I trust Holly and Babs and Tegan right now. Abi gets points too for willing to put aside initial reads and look at my side of the story.
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Ok ok the question is the same to you then Clodagh. If Angus/Riona are the wolves, why would they say that Des was Pat Butcher if they'd been told he was Zoe Slater?

I have no idea to be honest. Maybe Angus is a faulty priest. Maybe im a faulty seer. I have no idea. There could be wolf tasks and powers f*cking reads up all over the place. All i know is the peek results that i was given dont align with what Angus has said.

As i have said, Derry is the only arbiter that counts. We cant trust Angus at the moment. Essentially everything he has said cannot be verified by anyone, and could be made up since he was the last one to reveal, and had the benefit of everyone elses reveal.

Riona WW wrote: »

Completely loaded question which you genuinely have no interest in the answer to. Good to see you moved beyond 'LOL' though.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Jaysus this is a head-f**k, I've no reason to doubt Angus or Clodagh except for things that sprung up on Day 0, i.e. potential fluff.

Clodagh posted an ITV Chart Show of music videos as her first post. Could have been tasky.

Angus posted "Hoo's it gaun lads and lassies? Room for a wee Scottish lad in your fair London town??" as his first post. It made me think of the Scottish Trevor Morgan at the time, but it also just could have been related to the Scottishness of the name Angus.

Why would Angus signify he was a wolf in his first post if he was actually Trevor? It could have been a task along the lines of 'Eastenders is full of dodgy accents, make a post in your character's accent'.

Yeah, my head is melted here.

It was. Whoever has had this account has often referred to it. Just like Derry references the city up North. Never even thought of Trevor Morgan when posting it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement