Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVIII - Eastenders

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Want to hear a lot more from Gerty on the days events

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Ewan, other than me, what's your read on everything right now? Who do you think, if not me, is the last wolf?

I think you are the last wolf. I think the group has broken in to two camps and with no SK the group with Angus appears to be villagers and have the edge. I think you're trying to last out the game by keeping those two groups focused away from the last mystery wolf. Villagers have to kill all baddies to win, after all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I think you are the last wolf. I think the group has broken in to two camps and with no SK the group with Angus appears to be villagers and have the edge. I think you're trying to last out the game by keeping those two groups focused away from the last mystery wolf. Villagers have to kill all baddies to win, after all.

Ok

You're tunnelling then.

If you are good, then I'm trying to help you form a back up plan for when this one fails.

When I die, and the game doesn't end, where will your suspicions land then? As a villager, this is a very basic hypothetical that there's zero harm in thinking about right now. At the very least, I'm asking you to form a list. Leave me on top of it if you want, vote me out the first chance you get. After Clodagh and Eve go, I won't fight it.

But please Ewan, have a list. Don't just tunnel. If you are right about me, it's a bit of extra work gone to waste. But if you're wrong, you don't end up with the rug pulled out from under you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I think the overnight shenanigans have led to a very productive day today.

It’s ok, I won’t be participating tonight as I’m going back to bed.

Night all

GO TEAM VILLAGE
    YEAH MON!

Final thoughts of the night

Riona names Eve and Orla as wolves.

At this point, Clodagh comes out, giving us a third wolf....apparently.

Now, my fear is that in doing so, the wolves have to be very confident their forth is in deep. Am I remembering wrong here? Was there pressure on Clodagh?

It's a desperate play? Clodagh counters the claim Hard. Is it cause they are putting the last of their chips down on Wolf 4?
    And how did Clodagh have the info on Holly? That if has me all levels of worries.

Now the other side....Riona's story is supported by Angus, Derry (and his power), now Henry (via peak info).

One thing Ewan said is true. It's basically two camps now, and does feel like Riona's has so many numbers that it's hard to work against, right?

Still bloody nervous though.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Is there anybody out there?

As I’ve said numerous times it’s been busy down the pub. Between the cleaning shift and serving I’ve barely had time to play today.

I’m on team angus for the minute. I’ve said the first few days that I thought clodagh to be good but today doesn’t look good for her. Also think Abigail is making a lot of sense with her posting. I like her posts

Was wary of not voting Eva after the forced reveal but Babs and angus convinced me to vote Orla. My vote went in early and didn’t change

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Lads. You will never guess what happened. BJ gave me the alma......Albert square tour guide.

I can use it to restart the game and order a pint and distribute bullets made from gold and oh, by the way, Derry and Holly are now actually super seers who can see what you had for breakfast 2 weeks ahead of time.

All I had to do to get it was do a backwards somersault whilst drinking a cafe au lait from a sippy cup.

Nah but really I'm on a plane to Paris for work so have fun without me. Toodles.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Morning all. Just to clarify, I voted tegan, Orla, orla.

Im kat slater, I feel I need to reveal while there are still unknowns out there. I made a shout out to Alfie yesterday morn at 9.59

I have a few points to make when I get to the office.

• Advertisement

Mass revealing is a joke. It shouldn't be allowed. Sure we could have done this on d0 and cut to the chase if a mass reveal is gonna be how things end.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Lads. You will never guess what happened. BJ gave me the alma......Albert square tour guide.

I can use it to restart the game and order a pint and distribute bullets made from gold and oh, by the way, Derry and Holly are now actually super seers who can see what you had for breakfast 2 weeks ahead of time.

All I had to do to get it was do a backwards somersault whilst drinking a cafe au lait from a sippy cup.

Nah but really I'm on a plane to Paris for work so have fun without me. Toodles.

Have a safe flight.

Thanks Doris. That wasn't a dig at you btw. You are obvs entitled to reveal if you want.

Also not a dig at mods cause it's been a great game.

Just don't like all the roles and mechanics to go out the window when character names get put out en masse

There is a difference in revealing d0 and d4. Its also up to the vil to believe me. There are many characters in Eastenders.

Doris WW wrote:
    There is a difference in revealing d0 and d4. Its also up to the vil to believe me. There are many characters in Eastenders.

There largely isn't. If a character doesn't fit or conflicts with someone else, whether it's d0 or d4 it's game over for any conflicts.

A few points I wanted to make, I don't have enough time to go back and double check this, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Clodagh and riona are claiming seer. There is a possibilty there is a fool seer.

So, if Clodagh peaked Riona, she would show as real seer, fool seer, or wolf. If she is real seer, Clodagh could be fool seer, either of the others and Clodagh is real seer.

Also, Clodagh said she revealed 2 RVs, if in the above peak, Riona is wolf, that would make Angus wolf, leaving 1/2 left. Clodagh could reveal the RVs and confirm herself as seer, thus we bag 2 wolves and have enough numbers to still win.

Saying all that, 2 things struck me in the last 12 hours that Clodagh is wolf,

1. not peaking last night when the vil asked.
    2. her reaction this morning to my reveal, only a wolf would react like this as it leaves less places for them to hide if the rest of you believe me. Of course not taking away, she could also just be reacting to the game as its frowned upon to reveal your character.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hey, Clodagh, bon voyage and all, but how about that seer result yet??

Clodagh's seer claim, might garner who the last wolf is with her trust / not trust / unknown list:
    My trust list as things stand (won’t count for anything until I peek more people):
    Eva
    Holly
    Derry
    Tegan
    Henry
    Babs

Looking like wolves:
    Riona
    Abi
    Ewan
    Conor (SK)
    Liam

Not sure:
    Orla
    Nigel
    Jake
    Angus
    Gertrude

Abi, Babs: im sorry I lost the rag last night and lashed out at you. I don’t think what I said was factually incorrect, but I shouldn’t have lost the head.

I'd guess that the last wolf is in the "looking like wolves" list. Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Riona is in that list, the others I wouldnt be sure of.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Can you do your peek when you check in please and give us the result?

People asking for peeks when.....
    Mass revealing is a joke. It shouldn't be allowed. Sure we could have done this on d0 and cut to the chase if a mass reveal is gonna be how things end.

...reads like an admission of being a wolf to me.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Final thoughts of the night

Riona names Eve and Orla as wolves.

At this point, Clodagh comes out, giving us a third wolf....apparently.

Now, my fear is that in doing so, the wolves have to be very confident their forth is in deep. Am I remembering wrong here? Was there pressure on Clodagh?

It's a desperate play? Clodagh counters the claim Hard. Is it cause they are putting the last of their chips down on Wolf 4?
    And how did Clodagh have the info on Holly? That if has me all levels of worries.

Now the other side....Riona's story is supported by Angus, Derry (and his power), now Henry (via peak info).

One thing Ewan said is true. It's basically two camps now, and does feel like Riona's has so many numbers that it's hard to work against, right?

Still bloody nervous though.

This has occurred to me

I believe angus because the mechanics support it. I believe riona over clodagh but there’s still the possibility there.

Bg needs to protect angus tonight, as I said before he’s our vip right now. One possibility is if riona survives this morning and Bg protects angus that we lynch clodagh instead of Eva- yes it’s hypocritical given my previous “find a wolf, lynch a wolf” stuff, and yes coldaghs actions in the past 24 hours make her even more wolfy tan previously, however it would allow angus to do his thing and confirm clodaghs role- unfortunately Holly’s actions, while understandable, mean he needs to be around later for that even if we get bullets in the day.(I’m working in the basics that we may or may not have an apprentice priest)

Just to explain, I also had Henry as a possible wolf, certainly not nrv based on this post.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    O im gona use that when im nrv again!!

Now I’m conscious of not jumping on it here because village is more likely to make a silly slip than a wolf and a single post doesn’t build a lynch. Like I said my chips are on Riona being village but a priest confirming clodaghs role seems to do us a lot of good

Thoughts?

There largely isn't. If a character doesn't fit or conflicts with someone else, whether it's d0 or d4 it's game over for any conflicts.

But this wasn’t really a mass reveal, at least not in the classic sense. The key bit was a single reveal, then a counterclaim by an alleged wolf. The priest reveal was in response to that counterclaim which makes sense as a play.

Morning.

Well I was always gonna reveal at munch time on day 3 as I’d get my last power and essentially be a NRV.

Quite proud of my observation skills with Gabriel this time round. Granted, I was putting her in a wolf team but she was a baddie nonetheless.

Oh, and we forgot to give the wolf team a huge round of applause for taking her out. Bravo!!!

Oooh, nice spot on Henry!

Also, I’m assuming that was a task by Eva last night, so we’re probably in for a plot twist at some point...

But seriously, the seer isn't dead or I'd know. So if it's not Riona (or Clodagh, ha!!) then why would they stay quiet?

It has to be Riona, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Also, I’m assuming that was a task by Eva last night, so we’re probably in for a plot twist at some point...

indeed

morning troops

The wolves would have to be given some sweetners. What’s the count now if we’re on the right track? How many villagers vs 3 wolves (2 of which we know). If we take out those 2 wolves what’s the state of play? 1 wolf vs ? Villagers and those villagers will have a good few confirmed in it.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Game Mod Note

We are looking at a speed day tomorrow

Munch at 10
    Lynch 1
    Munch 2
    Lynch 5
    Munch 6
    Lynch 9

You may have noticed there are quiet a few of you alive still :)

Also, remember the times for today. If I'm still around at 1pm I should get three reveals - Orla, today's munch victim and 1pm's lynch victim. It should tell us a lot.

Angus WW wrote: »
    But seriously, the seer isn't dead or I'd know. So if it's not Riona (or Clodagh, ha!!) then why would they stay quiet?

That would be my understanding, largely due to no peak by Clodagh and her reaction to my reveal.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Morning guys. I"m in work but won't be in the office so I probably won't be as active as yesterday but I'll do my best to check in and cast my vote
    Doris WW wrote: »
    A few points I wanted to make, I don't have enough time to go back and double check this, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Clodagh and riona are claiming seer. There is a possibilty there is a fool seer.

So, if Clodagh peaked Riona, she would show as real seer, fool seer, or wolf. If she is real seer, Clodagh could be fool seer, either of the others and Clodagh is real seer.

Also, Clodagh said she revealed 2 RVs, if in the above peak, Riona is wolf, that would make Angus wolf, leaving 1/2 left. Clodagh could reveal the RVs and confirm herself as seer, thus we bag 2 wolves and have enough numbers to still win.

Saying all that, 2 things struck me in the last 12 hours that Clodagh is wolf,

1. not peaking last night when the vil asked.
    2. her reaction this morning to my reveal, only a wolf would react like this as it leaves less places for them to hide if the rest of you believe me. Of course not taking away, she could also just be reacting to the game as its frowned upon to reveal your character.

Clodagh claimed Holly as being Dazzler which Holly confirmed. So Holly is Clodaghs RV#1. Holly says she was signalled by Clodagh. I've gone back and scanned some of Clodagh's posts and i cant see anything that sticks out to me as a signal to RV#2 and no one has come forward saying Clodagh signalled them.

So I think Clodagh is bluffing about knowing a second roled villager and the only reason she would be bluffing about a RV#2 is if she wasnt actually seer. Now maybe she is drunk but I thought Brendan as loser seer would be the one who got the dodgy seer reveals (I could be totally wrong about that though, by all means correct me). It strikes me as odd to put two dodgy seers into a game where it's already been claimed there's an apprentice seer and an apprentice priest (mind you, I think only Eva claimed App Priest). It just seems like that would stack the odds too much against villagers to have two people who are unwittingly leading the village astray.

I agree with you about her reactions. Definitely strike me as wolf like. Also in her "throwing in the towel" post she said that she was looking forward to toasting the wolves. Like I know she was getting "annoyed" in that post but come on, you don't just switch sides like that.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    The wolves would have to be given some sweetners. What’s the count now if we’re on the right track? How many villagers vs 3 wolves (2 of which we know). If we take out those 2 wolves what’s the state of play? 1 wolf vs ? Villagers and those villagers will have a good few confirmed in it.

17 players. 3 wolves, 14 villagers

Assuming no conversions.

Right so assuming we’re correct taking out Eva then Clodagh. After that it would be 1 wolf v 11 villagers.

Expect the unexpected, I say.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Oh and not to mention that big long video post and her vigorous attempt to insist that that there's no video tasks in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

17 players. 3 wolves, 14 villagers

Assuming no conversions.

Nah, there is more to this than meets the eye.

Yes seer has to be one of those two realistically. Lynching clodagh with the priest still in play removes any uncertainty

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Morning guys. I"m in work but won't be in the office so I probably won't be as active as yesterday but I'll do my best to check in and cast my vote

Clodagh claimed Holly as being Dazzler which Holly confirmed. So Holly is Clodaghs RV#1. Holly says she was signalled by Clodagh. I've gone back and scanned some of Clodagh's posts and i cant see anything that sticks out to me as a signal to RV#2 and no one has come forward saying Clodagh signalled them.

So I think Clodagh is bluffing about knowing a second roled villager and the only reason she would be bluffing about a RV#2 is if she wasnt actually seer. Now maybe she is drunk but I thought Brendan as loser seer would be the one who got the dodgy seer reveals (I could be totally wrong about that though, by all means correct me). It strikes me as odd to put two dodgy seers into a game where it's already been claimed there's an apprentice seer and an apprentice priest (mind you, I think only Eva claimed App Priest). It just seems like that would stack the odds too much against villagers to have two people who are unwittingly leading the village astray.

I agree with you about her reactions. Definitely strike me as wolf like. Also in her "throwing in the towel" post she said that she was looking forward to toasting the wolves. Like I know she was getting "annoyed" in that post but come on, you don't just switch sides like that.

We know there's an Apprentice Seer (Desmond, if you believe me) so it's a fair assumption that there'd be an Apprentice Priest too.

We have a Nosey Parker Seer (if we believe Riona) and a Loser Seer (Brendan, if you believe me). But there might also be a wolf seer. If Holly is good then there must be a wolf seer or how would Clodagh have known her role? *If* Holly is good. She's definitely has some power to stop Jake's bullets and my reveal, but whether that power is for good or evil, we don't know yet.

Assuming we have 2 wolves, here are the numbers

Now: 14 v 3
    Munch: 13 v 3
    Lynch: 13 v 2
    Munch: 12 v 2
    Lynch: 12 v 1

It would take some play by a wolf to win from that point.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Nah, there is more to this than meets the eye.

like transformers. tegan makes a good decepticon

We know there's an Apprentice Seer (Desmond, if you believe me) so it's a fair assumption that there'd be an Apprentice Priest too.

We have a Nosey Parker Seer (if we believe Riona) and a Loser Seer (Brendan, if you believe me). But there might also be a wolf seer. If Holly is good then there must be a wolf seer or how would Clodagh have known her role? *If* Holly is good. She's definitely has some power to stop Jake's bullets and my reveal, but whether that power is for good or evil, we don't know yet.

Im leaning towards Holly as good at the moment.

The seer thing is a right mess though

It is possible a drunk seer is on team village. Just doesnt know there drunk. My drinking buddy!!

we think we know 2 wolves, and have a priest to verify that. i think we're way wrong and the priest is a wolf. should be lynched after clodagh and eva

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

BG needs to keep Angus alive so if you're out there big guy its time to start playing.

Hopefully work wont intervene too much today, I hadn't expected a speed day :D Very exciting

Doris WW wrote: »
    Assuming we have 2 wolves, here are the numbers

Now: 14 v 3
    Munch: 13 v 3
    Lynch: 13 v 2
    Munch: 12 v 2
    Lynch: 12 v 1

It would take some play by a wolf to win from that point.

Assuming all things been equal. I doubt it's as straightforward as this.

I was about to float the idea that Holly should be on the suspicious list. Not only did Clodagh have her power right (apparently), she also blocked our priest this morning from being able to confirm Riona fully. (We still can only presume that Orla was evil as we couldn't confirm it via priest yet).

If Angus is alive post munch and lynch, he will give us a few more IDs.

If Riona is, at least we hopefully can gamble that she's been proven more trustful than Clodagh and we can believe their peek.

• Advertisement
Advertisement