Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVIII - Eastenders

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Nothing in the OP about conversions so checked back on thread to see who was talking about them. Doris, Orla, Brendan, and myself mostly. One dead, one Priest, one baddie and one unknown. Might mean something, might not....
    Doris WW wrote: »
    I know we shouldn't assume anything, but if we are to believe there is only one wolf team (at least at this point) it kinda rules out any task last night.

However, there could have been a task for a rolled vil to compete against the wolves to save the munch this morning and they failed. If this was a scenario, could the wolves have thought Katie was there competition?

There has to be more than 4 wolves among 26, be prepared for conversions if there is only one wolf team I think.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Four baddies that we know of per OP.

Assume one baddie team as only one kill this morning.

Doesn't discount conversions though. And also assumptions may be wrong.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    At first, skimming over the Nick post and seeing that there was an SK side gave me hope that we perhaps didn't lose a villager in Katie yesterday morning. That maybe she was a member of Team SK. However, reading the above flavour more carefully, I think Nick starts out solo. So we did likely lose a villager in Katie.

The text hints at Nick having friends (conversions?) but initially choosing not to check in on them and going straight for the murderising by himself. IMO, we started out with one SK in Nick but there will have to be conversions to help Team SK. He will check in on those "few friends and family" eventually since they were mentioned.

I know the feeling. You surviving the Nick hit is a potential eye-opener for me, or could be a calming of the nerves.

In a previous game not too long ago, an alpha wolf had a protective vest to survive a one-time SK or village hit. There are other possibilities of course which aren't all bad, but I'm really interested in why you are still here.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Seems we have 2 teams of baddies. I'm not going to read too much into flavor but I'm going to be watching for tasks more vigilantly now be it attempts to get conversions or whatever. Obviously be careful highlighting certain tasks things tho as we also don't know how many roles goodies we have who could be doing some. That said I've been catching up on yesterday's work so far this morning and boards has been showing errors so see ya when I see ya ha
    Ok, just read it, my interpretation would be wolf team and SK, with the possibility of wolf conversions (4 wolves is a bit light given the number of players).

We will know this morning if there are 2 munches.
    I doubt the village would get a task to block munch, since there are only 3 schedule kills per day.

I'd be inclined to say the wolves had a chance to win something and they failed. A suit, perhaps a failed conversion?
    Wait...I hadn't considered that with Fiona.

If Den had an extra life and you took it away, and say Fiona maybe lost a life last night with the SK attempt, then she can't be Den/Alpha.

Unless multiple wolves can have multiple lives (not from my previous experience) then I could be wrong about Fiona.

See, I was missing something.

Right, Fiona might not be Den, but what about an SK convert?

When conversions happen, do we get a post announcing it, or is it covered up by flavour?

Damn, if I've been wrong about Fiona, it's far too late for me to change my vote and work on another definite line of enquiry before 9pm.
    Yeah but the worst case scenarios are playing on my mind. Really have no idea what position we could be in right now.

Hopefully there'll be some prizes for the village on Wednesday, like a gun/bullet, but sure would we even agree on what to do with one if we won it?

There's also something else playing on my mind - Surely there has to be help for the SK in order to improve his/her win conditions. 1 SK against all the rest, doesn't seem right.

I'm wondering about SK conversions. I know that the Nick/Fiona episode hinted strongly at her being BG protected by Wellard, but I can't help but wonder if it was a conversion rather than a kill attempt.
    Yeah, pretty sure about Riona.
    That she used the "Nosey Parker Seer" term instead of just "Seer", when I knew that there was a "Loser Seer" about.
    That she freely gave her character name (Pauline Fowler) and it ties in with the role.
    That she named one player who I knew to have lied (Eva, claiming to be Pat Butcher).

Though theoretically, she could be a wolf, threw one wolf under the bus in order to gain credit, while naming another NRV in Orla. But how would she know we'd pick Eva over Orla to lynch those "proving" her case?

Nothing's certain, but I'd be as close as I can be sure about her.

As for next peek. 18 players - three villagers, three wolves (unless there's been a conversion) means one wolf among:

Abigail
    Barbara
    Conor
    Doris
    Ewan
    Gertrude
    Henry
    Holly
    Jake
    Liam
    Nigel
    Tegan

There are some there I have definite villager leans on and some I don't really know about. Maybe closer to lynch, and after Derry's reveal we can knuckle down about who she should peek.

Though having said that, I thought Orla, Eva and Clodagh were all good (and thought Desmond was evil), so what do I know? Riona's done pretty well herself so far, so I'd trust her judgement on who to peek far more than I'd trust my own.
    Puzzling alright.

Last desperate attempt to save the game by getting their last* wolf involved?

Or genuine?

I made a list of the last 12 unknowns in my back room in order of likelihood of being the last wolf, and Holly was fairly midway, didn't have a read one way or another.

Would like to hear from Riona too.

And Derry's role reveal would also be handy.

*thinking*

* unless conversion! :(
    Surely a conversion would be announced, bad form by the mods if they didnt.
    17 players. 3 wolves, 14 villagers

Assuming no conversions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I was about to float the idea that Holly should be on the suspicious list. Not only did Clodagh have her power right (apparently), she also blocked our priest this morning from being able to confirm Riona fully. (We still can only presume that Orla was evil as we couldn't confirm it via priest yet).

If Angus is alive post munch and lynch, he will give us a few more IDs.

If Riona is, at least we hopefully can gamble that she's been proven more trustful than Clodagh and we can believe their peek.

But can’t we remove the uncertainty by lynching Clodagh next?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

duffman13 wrote: »
    Game Mod Note

We are looking at a speed day tomorrow

Munch at 10
    Lynch 1
    Munch 2
    Lynch 5
    Munch 6
    Lynch 9

You may have noticed there are quiet a few of you alive still :)

Just on this I've 2 meetings today (9.30 - 10.30 and 2-4) so I'll be in as much as I can be and hopefully won't miss too much.
    But seriously, the seer isn't dead or I'd know. So if it's not Riona (or Clodagh, ha!!) then why would they stay quiet?

It has to be Riona, surely?

I unfortunately have to go along with this. I've confirmed that you're the priest (and if you're an evil priest then you deserve to win) so I have to believe your list of dead from yesterday. Therefore the seer isn't dead. And it can't be Clodagh due to the fact that she got half of a peek wrong with Des (I still cannot explain this and it's driving me mad). As there is no other possible explanation, then as I said Occam's Razor, you're telling the truth, Clodagh is not (for whatever reason), no other seer has revealed therefore Riona is the seer. Clodagh's refusal to carry out a peek last night confirms it. (although I don't understand why she wouldn't continue to play along - unless she realised she'd lost me as a supporter)

Sorry Clodagh. I really wanted to believe you. If you're a wolf you've played me very well and I doff my hat to you sir.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I was about to float the idea that Holly should be on the suspicious list. Not only did Clodagh have her power right (apparently), she also blocked our priest this morning from being able to confirm Riona fully. (We still can only presume that Orla was evil as we couldn't confirm it via priest yet).

If Angus is alive post munch and lynch, he will give us a few more IDs.

If Riona is, at least we hopefully can gamble that she's been proven more trustful than Clodagh and we can believe their peek.

Uhhhh how would angus be able to confirm Riona? She would need to be dead first which is bad. Unless you know something we dont? Like the wolves target?

Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Conor WW
    Doris WW
    Ewan WW
    Gertrude WW
    Nigel WW
    Tegan WW

Ok so this is our list of unknowns.
    If we assume that there were 4 wolves alive as of yesterday, and 3 of them are Eva, Orla and Clodagh, we have 1 left in that list to find. If we lynch Eva at lunchtime we'll hopefully be down to the last 2 wolves.

I think I would put Abigail, Barbara, Conor and Nigel on a town lean and the rest (Doris, Ewan, Gertrude and Tegan) on a wolf lean. But to be honest they're all gut feelings. Nothing concrete I could point to (apart from Ewan's capitals thing).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Uhhhh how would angus be able to confirm Riona? She would need to be dead first which is bad. Unless you know something we dont? Like the wolves target?

Ah stop. Angus and Riona are very clearly going to be the targets his morning.

Unless YOU know something? :P

Re conversions. Remember the package. Den would have got a de facto conversion had he died without me removing the package.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Angus is an evil priest. He is Den. Believe me or not, in prob gonna be dead soon anyway. Have fun with the rest of the game folks.

My note on reveals was in no way an admission of being a wolf. Hell I had to reveal my character earlier in the game so I do understand. I just don't like that it would be a way to end the game. Come to think of it, maybe the mods have supplied fake characters who would be good to the wolves, to ensure a mass reveal wouldn't be an issue. Would make sense.

Anywhoo that's probably for discussion after the game. Au revoir mes ami

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Bon voyage

Jake, who were the names thrown out the other night when we were looking at who you should shoot? The names we put on the please don’t shoot pile.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Just on this I've 2 meetings today (9.30 - 10.30 and 2-4) so I'll be in as much as I can be and hopefully won't miss too much.

I unfortunately have to go along with this. I've confirmed that you're the priest (and if you're an evil priest then you deserve to win) so I have to believe your list of dead from yesterday. Therefore the seer isn't dead. And it can't be Clodagh due to the fact that she got half of a peek wrong with Des (I still cannot explain this and it's driving me mad). As there is no other possible explanation, then as I said Occam's Razor, you're telling the truth, Clodagh is not (for whatever reason), no other seer has revealed therefore Riona is the seer. Clodagh's refusal to carry out a peek last night confirms it. (although I don't understand why she wouldn't continue to play along - unless she realised she'd lost me as a supporter)

Sorry Clodagh. I really wanted to believe you. If you're a wolf you've played me very well and I doff my hat to you sir.

you could both be wolves. my suggestion. after eva and clodagh we take you 2 out

I said I trusted Eva (soz). I think Eva said 2 names including Tegan. Gabriel said Barbara but she was SK so could say any name as had no alliengences.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Angus is an evil priest. He is Den. Believe me or not, in prob gonna be dead soon anyway. Have fun with the rest of the game folks.

My note on reveals was in no way an admission of being a wolf. Hell I had to reveal my character earlier in the game so I do understand. I just don't like that it would be a way to end the game. Come to think of it, maybe the mods have supplied fake characters who would be good to the wolves, to ensure a mass reveal wouldn't be an issue. Would make sense.

He was an evil priest who also had two lives, and could have used said second life to off a villager of their choosing?

That seems way, way OP if true Clodagh.

Barbara WW wrote:
    That seems way, way OP if true Clodagh.

I didn't make the game babs

We have to remember that the game has been weighted towards the village since the beginning. I’m expecting lots of dun dun dun dununun dun duns today.

Was he your peek?

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    you could both be wolves. my suggestion. after eva and clodagh we take you 2 out
    Which 2? Me and Angus? Are you for real?

So did you peek Angus? And he's an evil priest?
    How do you explain your difference between Des so? Coz even if he was an evil priest he'd still get the same info as you. So why would he lie?
    I asked the mods if they'd made a mistake with the peeks/dead people and they wouldn't answer which I took to mean no, there was no mistake. So that means one of you are lying. And I really tried hard to make it work for you. My plan with Angus was my last ditch effort to show him up as a wolf. And it didn't work.

Derry WW wrote: »
    We have to remember that the game has been weighted towards the village since the beginning. I’m expecting lots of dun dun dun dununun dun duns today.

Not if we’re playing against a shapeshifting evil priest who can see the results of every kill it hasn’t! That be a wolfie god!

The shapeshifting thing is misleading. One of us had the ability to remove that power relatively easily. Their team needed a priest just like ours did.

How do you do an image again? All the gifs I copy start with https.

unfortunately. i think the village is been taken for a ride and i wanna take out some people that are leading that charge

• Advertisement

and tell me this. how are you 2 confirmed

The shapeshifting thing is misleading. One of us had the ability to remove that power relatively easily. Their team needed a priest just like ours did.

Look, if angus is a wolf we’re screwed
    But why won’t the real priest come out so, Eva assured us he’s out there in between doing tasks

If angus is a wolf and Eva is a wolf working with him we’re doubly screwed
    But why build such a complex lie when a simple one is easier to maintain

If angus, Eva and riona are wolves we’re triple screwed
    But that’s an even more complex lie

And then Derry needs to be in on it too, or else the mods have completely screwed us over

And probably holly too, or the wolves power levels are insanely unfair

But if you’re seer riona has to be a wolf, right. The only option then is lynch you (your support system is weaker) and hope the real priest comes out, right? Because as team village that’s what you’d want isn’t it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Nothing in the OP about conversions so checked back on thread to see who was talking about them. Doris, Orla, Brendan, and myself mostly. One dead, one Priest, one baddie and one unknown. Might mean something, might not....

The only mention of conversion came from Babs and her shiney box. I still don't trust Babs but she claimed she thwarted a conversion by getting the box from Den. Maybe they did have the power to convert and lost it? Maybe they still do but Babs is throwing out a red herring to throw us off the scent?

I assume either the priest is dead and Eva is also a wolf or the priest is super conservative and is holding back as the last role. Those are the only two explanations I can think of.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    But can’t we remove the uncertainty by lynching Clodagh next?

This could be a good move, if Angus confirms Orla as WW, I'd be happy to lynch Clodagh next. Again a chance to get new info.

I seriously have to log out. Sorry guys. Will get a vote in later on Angus.

I assume either the priest is dead and Eva is also a wolf or the priest is super conservative and is holding back as the last role. Those are the only two explanations I can think of.

But why would the priest hold back with 3 wolves (at least) revealed?

And of course you chose Angus as your peek. A direct challenger to you. Hardly surprising he comes out evil in your eyes. Odd you didnt chose a villager who hasn't claimed anything.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    This could be a good move, if Angus confirms Orla as WW, I'd be happy to lynch Clodagh next. Again a chance to get new info.

We won’t get that confirmation till after next lynch since holly dazzled angus

4VuOAWaA_400x400.jpeg

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    We won’t get that confirmation till after next lynch since holly dazzled angus

Oh ****, yeah. We should probably stick with Eva so and Clodagh next then

And of course you chose Angus as your peek. A direct challenger to you. Hardly surprising he comes out evil in your eyes. Odd you didnt chose a villager who hasn't claimed anything.

Btw, this is partially why I chose not to reveal my name yesterday. I know others won't trust me specifically, but it would have been the sort of thing I could have pointed too in order to help a seer claim, including being able to point at the signals I accidently picked up. I know you were giving out about dripping info, but as you say, if he peeked someone whose role wasn't known, it would have been handy to have such roles as a confirmation.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    and tell me this. how are you 2 confirmed

Ah jasus come on. If you don't trust us then you have nothing to work with. If Riona want's to peek me then fine. But surely the fact that I could block powers proves that I am who I am. Fair enough I could be an evil dazzler but in that case we're all ****ed.

I would propose that we lynch the known/most suspected wolves first. Then reassess and work our way through the other list of unknowns until we get to the end. If we're still going at that point, then by all means, lynch me.

And I'm being glared at so I gotta head on to this meeting. Good luck folks. Hopefully I'll be around after the munch.

Oh ****, yeah. We should probably stick with Eva so and Clodagh next then

Problem there is were unlikely to have priest at that point

I'm heading off to the airport now

I'll have mobile data at least till 1ish so shouldn't be a massive issue for the next vote.

Looking at you two going on your fancy holidays

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ah the 15 minutes before a munch...

I’m giving up on the gifs. No fecking idea what I’m doing

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I really wish you hadn't succeeded in posting that :-/

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Oooh, nice spot on Henry!

If I'm a wolf then so is Rhiona which makes you a liar liar pants on fire

200w.gif

That’s enough for now. I have a Pauline Fowler one that’s the bestest but no idea how to embed it.

Im working til 2. Whats the schedule for today you guys?

Kill eva, kill clodagh then figure out the last wolf.

Please god let the wolves take me out today.

I mean they are only 50/50 with a riona Angus munch so ye might as well take out the confirmed guy.

Although i haven't been following so ye could be as well off leaving me try to decide it in the final 3.

Dun dun du du du

• Advertisement

Maybe kill clodagh first?

She could be den

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Hello boys!!!!

wire-2556578-1521750275-253_634x951.jpg

Hello boys!!!!

wire-2556578-1521750275-253_634x951.jpg

*shudder

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'd say Tegan or Ewan are most likely to be the final wolf, i'd out Tegan first.

I wont be round for most of the day but ill chip in when I can

Dun dun dun dununun dun dun

• Advertisement
Advertisement