Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

No idea but the CO results were delayed too and the stage one of AP was put back so I'd say they have to be understaffed at the minute for it to be hitting multiple campaigns

I do think it's ridiculous though seeing as there was only about four hundred doing this stage, no excuse for it to take over four weeks to collate and release results

Yeah, no excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Well...... Its October hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I'mma guess friday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Fingers crossed this week now alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jules86

I rang, same story they hope to have them sometime this month. Was hoping they would say this week

• Advertisement

God I wish they would hurry on!! I think this is the longest I have ever had to wait for pas results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

The Garda stage 2 batch 2 got their results today. They sat theirs after Garda EO. I couldn't see it being much longer.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    The Garda stage 2 batch 2 got their results today. They sat theirs after Garda EO. I couldn't see it being much longer.

Hope not, I'm very impatient........five weeks for results is really taking the piss

Anyone feel like calling or emailing to see if they might get them out this week or should we just forget out it until next week

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Will I Is

Seems AGS is being dragged kicking and screaming into the civilianisation programme. The delays PAS are encountering in completing CO appointments from 2017 Dublin panel is embarrassing. Time for the Policing Authority to step in and sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stinkbomb

Out now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Down to 110, thats me out anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Harika

Down to 110, thats me out anyway

I dropped too, although the results improved. Seems people took it more seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

What oom do you think you would need to be considered "in"?

I am at 26.

Not too hopeful but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

I went from 50’s to nearly 200... I’d say that’s me done!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

patjack wrote: »

I am at 26.

I went up to high 40s from high 90s. Wonder will they release a county by county breakdown at any stage? Or how many positions there will be realistically. I mean if there is one job I haven't a hope but if there are 20 jobs then maybe.... Its hard to know

I dropped but not too major, was 2 but now top 15

Next stage is shortlisting at the end of october

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I dropped but not too major, was 2 but now top 15

Next stage is shortlisting at the end of october

Any idea of what that consists of?

yessiryes wrote: »
    I went up to high 40s from high 90s. Wonder will they release a county by county breakdown at any stage? Or how many positions there will be realistically. I mean if there is one job I haven't a hope but if there are 20 jobs then maybe.... Its hard to know

It is such a slow drawn out process. So many unknowns as you say, how many jobs and the divide of the of the jobs between the locations.

Is shortlisting purely based on test results or combination of test results + experience and qualifications?

I was thinking next stage would be interview, is it not? So say they take the top 50 or so for interview....

I jumped from over a hundred to top 20 so I'm feeling good today

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Any idea of what that consists of?

I'm presuming they will mark our competencies from our form against predetermined criteria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

I'm presuming they will mark our competencies from our form against predetermined criteria

Yeah, I'd say so

• Registered Users Posts: 9 feefs101

went from 240s to top 10, couldn't believe it

first time doing anything civil servicey. anyone know if it will be just an interview or have some kind of other test to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

feefs101 wrote: »
    went from 240s to top 10, couldn't believe it

first time doing anything civil servicey. anyone know if it will be just an interview or have some kind of other test to it?

Well rumor has it that there could be a few hundred jobs coming out of this so I'd day you'll be fine!

Probably assessment centres/interview from here on out. Got 200ish so not holding my breath, but still a chance.

Korasa wrote: »
    Well rumor has it that there could be a few hundred jobs coming out of this so I'd day you'll be fine!

Probably assessment centres/interview from here on out. Got 200ish so not holding my breath, but still a chance.

A few hundred? Really? That is way more than i was thinking

yessiryes wrote: »

Id say we won't get a county breakdown until after interview when they are forming final panels.

Given the low number of locations, its possible they may just leave it as a national list and just tell people how many is ahead of them if they ring or email like with AP

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kateireland111

A few hundred? Really? That is way more than i was thinking

How many jobs will there be made available or has there been any mention yet of this?

Is there many of us left with galway or limerick as preferred locations??

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Risoc

I am at 26.

To consider yourself out at no.26, assuming you have anything approaching relevant experience or qualifications is either mad or false modesty.

Not applying for Limerick or Galway, Crunchy.

Is there many of us left with galway or limerick as preferred locations??

I have Limerick & Cork down for mine - 143 after the last stage so who knows at this point! Depends on if they decide to divide by county and how many jobs there are I guess! I'd be more primarily Limerick anyway, Cork would really depend on the location of the assignment, and at the place I am would want to be a lot of jobs to get to me LOL

• Advertisement

MedPsych wrote: »
    I have Limerick & Cork down for mine - 143 after the last stage so who knows at this point! Depends on if they decide to divide by county and how many jobs there are I guess! I'd be more primarily Limerick anyway, Cork would really depend on the location of the assignment, and at the place I am would want to be a lot of jobs to get to me LOL

I'm really unsure if I would take limerick as I'm currently based in galway so would mean a relocation but cost of living is lower (I would be living in clare) and I'd be close to family.

All being said, I may not even make it through shortlisting!! And the five weeks in templemore could be problematic with two kids under four here

I'm really unsure if I would take limerick as I'm currently based in galway so would mean a relocation but cost of living is lower (I would be living in clare) and I'd be close to family.

All being said, I may not even make it through shortlisting!! And the five weeks in templemore could be problematic with two kids under four here

I'm living in limerick so that's my primary one, but on the cork side (about 30 mins from charleville) but also have a 4 yr old so the residential training would be a tough one here too! I think if it were to come to being offered it though it would be hard to refuse - currently a CO and near the bottom of the scale so could really do with the money ha!

I'm living in limerick so that's my primary one, but on the cork side (about 30 mins from charleville) but also have a 4 yr old so the residential training would be a tough one here too! I think if it were to come to being offered it though it would be hard to refuse - currently a CO and near the bottom of the scale so could really do with the money ha!

It's a tough decision here cos I'm already an EO so no pay rise and would hsve to mark time also

It's a tough decision here cos I'm already an EO so no pay rise and would hsve to mark time also

Ah ya that's a tough call alright. Sher see how it goes so really! If your not in you can't win but if it doesn't suit when the time comes can always say no thanks!

I've applied for an EO panel where I'm currently working too and I do like it here so if both came together it would be a tough call, but the one where I work now starts at 27k and while it's doesn't sound like a huge difference it would be a big one to me at mo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭spupazza

Korasa wrote: »

I doubt they might need so many new employee for such specific job and level.
    I would mean that there are about 3000 Crime and policing analyst employed at EO level.
    May I ask when and how did you express your favorite locations for the assignment?
    I don't remember doing that during my application.

Based on what criteria do they shortlist the participants?

spupazza wrote: »
    I doubt they might need so many new employee for such specific job and level.
    I would mean that there are about 3000 Crime and policing analyst employed at EO level.

May I ask when and how did you express your favorite locations for the assignment?
    I don't remember doing that during my application.

Based on what criteria do they shortlist the participants?

Locations were picked on the initial application form

I'm presuming they will shortlist our forms against the competency framework for the role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭spupazza

Locations were picked on the initial application form
    Thanks for your reply, you're right. I forgot I had picked 2 locations.
    Are those simple preferences or are they binding?
    I mean: if at the end of the selection process I'm 25th on the list and I've picked Dublin and Louth, but they already filled all the positions for those areas, will I still be offered a position in another location that is not the one I've chosen?Or will they skip me in the list?

I mean: if at the end of the selection process I'm 25th on the list and I've picked Dublin and Louth, but they already filled all the positions for those areas, will I still be offered a position in another location that is not the one I've chosen?Or will they skip me in the list?

I'm open to correction, but my understanding is that usually when you are asked a preference, you are only offered positions that arise in those locations.
    e.g. I was on the CO panel previously for Limerick & Tipperary. I was offered Tipp first as I was higher on that list. It didnt suit and I refused so I lost my place on the panel for that county, but retained it for the other county. About a year later I was offered something in Limerick. Had already secured something else so turned it down. I was now off the panel entirely as I had refused both options.

Usually location choice is final so you won't be considered for positions anywhere other than the two locations chosen

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

I'm still in for Galway. Don't have a second location, I am a CO but no EO positions in my dept so needs to come from external competitions only or mobility. Also have babies but would have to take the opportunity if it came up as opportunities in Galway are few and far between

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wasteking

Strange! I was ranked 143rd too! I’m solely for limerick. Fingers crossed cause I’m currently on a contract job and want to get something permeant. Recent graduate with a law degree and currently working as a Data Analyst so I’m hoping that mixture will stand to me!

Best of luck to everyone!

• Advertisement

We should know by Friday should we?

Does being shortlisted mean you will get interviewed?

I wouldn't bank on it. We were told mid Sept for results of the supervised tests, it was weeks after that. And since they said end Oct/early Nov for shortlists, then I wouldn't count on knowing anything by Friday.
    We can live in hope though!

Id say this week would be really pushing it as last message said late october/November.

Still nothing. Beyond a joke now. I've been offered another job but I really want to find out about this one before I take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

stinkbomb wrote: »
    Still nothing. Beyond a joke now. I've been offered another job but I really want to find out about this one before I take it!
    they said late october/early november in fairness. I'd be expecting to hear on Friday

Does anyone know typically the process from here on in and a rough timeframe, if one were to be shortlisted?

Does anyone know typically the process from here on in and a rough time-frame, if one were to be shortlisted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jules86

Does anyone know typically the process from here on in and a rough time-frame, if one were to be shortlisted?
    It would depend on your number/location/vacancies in the location if any. If you were to pass next stage/stages and get the position it would probably be sometime in the new year

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    they said late october/early november in fairness. I'd be expecting to hear on Friday

I hope we hear something today or tomorrow! I hate all the waiting around ha kinda just want to move on one way or another at this stage. It's so draining the way these things drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Take the other job, vetting for Garda civilian jobs takes minimum of 12 weeks if you do eventually get places on a panel! I applied for Call Taker this time last year, found out in May that I placed in the top 10 and am still waiting on vetting to come through! You could be a year into the new job before you’re placed so you may as well take it and see how this one pans out!
    stinkbomb wrote: »

• Advertisement
Advertisement