Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stinkbomb

Suaeva wrote: »
    Take the other job, vetting for Garda civilian jobs takes minimum of 12 weeks if you do eventually get places on a panel! I applied for Call Taker this time last year, found out in May that I placed in the top 10 and am still waiting on vetting to come through! You could be a year into the new job before you’re placed so you may as well take it and see how this one pans out!

Really? that long? Is that all before you do the residential training even? Wow, that really does change things for me if it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭MFPM

MedPsych wrote: »
    I hope we hear something today or tomorrow! I hate all the waiting around ha kinda just want to move on one way or another at this stage. It's so draining the way these things drag on.

A colleague contacted PAS today and they said they would endeavor to issue the results in the coming weeks! Notwithstanding they earlier said 'late October/early November' apparently they consider 'early November' to be up to two weeks into November.

Now they could be just saying that but it could be a while yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

stinkbomb wrote: »
    Really? that long? Is that all before you do the residential training even? Wow, that really does change things for me if it's true.

Yeah, pas campaigns are usually very slow! I hsve been placed off two (both in AGS) and it was 8 months application to start date for first comp and ten I think for second. Nothing about it is quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

MFPM wrote: »
    A colleague contacted PAS today and they said they would endeavor to issue the results in the coming weeks! Notwithstanding they earlier said 'late October/early November' apparently they consider 'early November' to be up to two weeks into November.

Now they could be just saying that but it could be a while yet!!

I emailed them just before 1 and no word back yet. Usually they are quick to respond so maybe that means something is happening! Fingers crossed!

I emailed them just before 1 and no word back yet. Usually they are quick to respond so maybe that means something is happening! Fingers crossed!

Got a reply this morning, just saying no update and not even a timeframe on when there might be!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Got a reply this morning, just saying no update and not even a timeframe on when there might be!

Wouldnt hold my breath with this one, seems they dont even know if thers positions available. Would imagine the number hired from this is very low, even by Publicjobs standards this has been an extremely slow process.

Wouldnt hold my breath with this one, seems they dont even know if thers positions available. Would imagine the number hired from this is very low, even by Publicjobs standards this has been an extremely slow process.

Well it seems pretty pointless having a competition if they don't even know if there are positions available? Fair enough if the number hired is low, from the document book it implied as much but seems a massive waste of everyones time and money if there is nothing to be filled from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

Has anyone seen this? Gives an indication that there will be 60 analysts nationwide. Obviously some are already employed and there are some at HEO level so not going to leave a whole pile of new positions.... Also wondering if they're looking to place someone in this role before finishing this campaign
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=99929

yessiryes wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this? Gives an indication that there will be 60 analysts nationwide. Obviously some are already employed and there are some at HEO level so not going to leave a whole pile of new positions.... Also wondering if they're looking to place someone in this role before finishing this campaign
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=99929

According to garda commissioner report there are currently 36 analysts (at various levels) so there could then potentially be approx 24 jobs to make that 60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

Doesn't look like it will be today either!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Risoc

Usually after 5 if they do come.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FutbolCian

Shortlisting now expected to take place at the end of November according to an email sent this morning.

Risoc wrote: »
    Usually after 5 if they do come.

Just got a message. Shortlisting hasn't even happened yet. End of November, so sometime in December it looks like now! And I'm sure there's still interviews and possibly more to go there so God knows when this will be done. Really dragging on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

So we *should* be hearing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Ah the wait is unbearable😣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

jules86 wrote: »
    So we *should* be hearing this week.

So young and innocent :D
    With age comes patience :pac:

Harika wrote: »
    So young and innocent :D
    With age comes patience :pac:

Nearly need a support group at this point to get through all the waiting 😂
    I know these processes are long but it's getting crazy what a gap it has been since the last stage at this point.
    Fingers crossed for some sort of news soon!

So what's the bets on today then?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

So what's the bets on today then?
    Maybe an e-mail saying we'll get the results in the new year?

Which new year? :)

• Advertisement

I called them...they said "we intend to have the shortlist done by Christmas. Hopefully. Well, maybe"

So that would be March, I guess?

I called them...they said "we intend to have the shortlist done by Christmas. Hopefully. Well, maybe"

So that would be March, I guess?

On the plus side, some of the people ahead of you will hit the retirement age already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Check your emails boys and girls. Up to 80 OOM will be called to interview shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

I'm out didn't get shortlisted 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gabbyannie

Got shortlisted, but my OOM is so high I might as well have not been... 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

gabbyannie wrote: »
    Got shortlisted, but my OOM is so high I might as well have not been... ��

I'm in the same boat.

yessiryes wrote: »
    I'm out didn't get shortlisted ��

Same, should have trained more for the aptitude test. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 M D

I was number 1 after Stage 2 and didn't get shortlisted.
    What was the point?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Slorpo

Oom in top 20 first round, same in 2nd round. A very good cv that matches job description very well.

Didn't even get shortlisted. I swear they just pull numbers out of a hat. Had high hopes for this but I'm done with exams after exams and 6 month+ nonsense. Good luck to the rest of ye

Oops didn't mean oom in first round obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭spupazza

M D wrote: »
    What was the point?!

I'm surprised and puzzled by the fact that the one who scored best in the tests didn't get to next phase.

• Advertisement

spupazza wrote: »
    I'm surprised and puzzled by the fact that the one who scored best in the tests didn't get to next phase.

you're not the only one! it's hard to fathom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭spupazza

you're not the only one! it's hard to fathom!

Out of curiosity (if I'm being rude, I apologize) do you have any third level qualifications and some relevant experience?

I'm just trying to make some sense in this decision of excluding the people who scored best (apparently you're not alone, since Slorpo also didn't get shortlisted despite being about 20th ).
    I understand that the questions in the test are on their own very simple, but the time constraint is what makes them difficult and someone who scored first out of thousands (in the first round) must have some quick and agile brain.
    It should not guarantee the job, but at least it should guarantee the access to the interview.

Obviously not going to post cv, but I have 2 degrees in the right areas and high quality experience.

I was sure the only thing between me and interview were the exams. I was wrong. It really makes you suspicious, to be honest. Very annoying to wait over 6 months and jump through hoops, be successful, yet get nowhere!

I have a degree, Masters and postgraduate cert. although they could be considered unrelated to this job.
    I hadn't been using numerical skills for many years before stage 1 so I didn't obtain a high Order of Merit in Stage 1. I knew I needed to do better for Stage 2 so I studied, practiced and primed myself for Stage 2. After the exam in Dublin I was confident I had done well.

There I was thinking hard work pays off!

Now I'm being told it's based on the original application; the tests didn't count for much at all!

So much time (and some money too) has been wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 feefs101

Sorry to hear about those who didn’t make it. I was shortlisted myself but it wouldn’t instil you with confidence in their selection process

What was the point?!

After the tests at home or after the verification tests?

After the tests at home or after the verification tests?

After the observed tests in Dublin.

feefs101 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about those who didn’t make it. I was shortlisted myself but it wouldn’t instil you with confidence in their selection process

Very curious about all this. If you don't mind my asking, where did you place (very roughly) in exams and oom?

Slorpo wrote: »
    Very curious about all this. If you don't mind my asking, where did you place (very roughly) in exams and oom?

Round one I was 180ish and round 2 I was top 10. Kept the same oom after shortlisting.

I would say I’m well qualified education wise but less so in job experience

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. I don't know, last time for me and these public jobs anyway, better off buying a lottery ticket!

Thanks for the info. I don't know, last time for me and these public jobs anyway, better off buying a lottery ticket!

No problem I’d be the same. Don’t forget me if you win 🀣

There's a complaints procedure on cpsa.ie but, I don't know....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Good luck to everyone going forward! I got cut in the shortlisting... A pity as I thought the job seemed interesting.

Are interviews starting today?
    I thought we would have received the details of the interview board?

I had an interview last Thursday. They said they aren’t doing interviews concurrently
    Are interviews starting today?
    I thought we would have received the details of the interview board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Can anyone update us on what stage they are at with batch 1 (80 OOM) in this campaign?
    I assume interviews are over and they have given everyone a new order of merit.
    Anyone hear of jobs being offered yet??

Interviews are over. Results due.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Thanks Risoc. I was just shy of making it into batch 1. Wonder will they ever call more for interview - ha prob not! But then again depends on whether enough people actually passed first batch interviews.

Please keep us updated!! TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

I was called for an interview but decided against it so I never turned up for the interview, PAS rang me the same day asking me to come in earlier as a few people didnt turn up that day either. so you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Did the interview panel consist of 3 members and a scribe or is it 2 members like CO? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement