Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 feefs101

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did the interview panel consist of 3 members and a scribe or is it 2 members like CO? Thanks

3 and a scribe

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Risoc

Results are in.
    I thought I did a decent-ish interview and would have had a good aptitude, relevant experience, etc but no luck unfortunately.

Might give hope to some people outside the 80 interviewed.
    Best of luck to those that succeeded - an interesting job.

Risoc wrote: »
    Results are in.
    I thought I did a decent-ish interview and would have had a good aptitude, relevant experience, etc but no luck unfortunately.

Hard luck Risoc.

Anyone know how long it might be before they start making offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Results are in.

Sorry to hear that Risoc. Where were you on the OOM if you don't mind me asking? And what region were you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Risoc

I'll PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Results are in.

Sorry to hear that Risoc. Yes it sounds an interesting job. Maybe there will be more roles like this created in the coming years. I think the panel will only last 12mths so perhaps they will advertise again at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jano1

Hi all! Does anyone know where in Dublin these jobs will be located?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Garda headquarters in the phoenix park.

Anyone have any idea what a likely start date might be? Would May be too optimistic?

When were you offered the job from PAS? It will take at least 12 weeks for extra clearance vetting to be processed. So May sounds about right.

• Advertisement

Looks like they are onto the next stage of interviews. Might want to check the inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2 raymondc310

Any body already do the interview? any advice or tips on what they will ask would be appreciated greatly!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Anybody able to share any details on the interview process? What areas they focused on or was it a similar interview to other Publicjobs interviews? Also would anybody be able to share any information on the role so far, is there much training provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElfieSelfie

The interview was in the same format as other interviews I have been to with PAS. There were three interviewers (and one observer taking notes) on the panel and they covered your work history and then each of the competencies. I found the interview to be quite tight for time, so it's essential to get to the main points quickly.

In the teamwork section, the questions focussed on dealing with conflict/difficult situations within a group. For the delivery of results section, the questions focused on how I would approach a research problem/project. Thats all I can remember - hope it is of some help.

I haven't started a position yet as the Garda vetting process is ongoing - we were advised that it would take 12 weeks, but I had hoped it would be quicker than this tbh - I've been waiting 5-6 weeks so far.

Does anybody have any idea when the latest round of interviews were to be complete? Mine was almost 2 weeks ago but not sure if was more after that. Or any idea of the number called for interview this time?

Does anybody have any idea when the latest round of interviews were to be complete? Mine was almost 2 weeks ago but not sure if was more after that. Or any idea of the number called for interview this time?

I'm fairly certain that there were more for the end of this month, so it will be well into June before anything else happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NicolaR123

Doing my interview for this position on Thursday afternoon, think that was the final day of interviews. I was in the second batch of people for interviews (over 80 OOM), so people will probably hear some time in June

Results for this round of interviews is now out.

Results for this round of interviews is now out.

So, more sitting around then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has anyone actually been placed on this. I know CS appointments are a ridiculously long process but over a year by the time vetting is completed would be taking the p!ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kateireland111

Does anyone know what size the panel is? Or what the next steps are. I tried emailing but it's all very vague. Do they take one person at a time or is it batches?

Don't know about the size of the panel, but in many civil service roles they will have a lifespan of 2 years. So, lets say you are no 3, and there are 3 places, you will get vetted to see if you pass the security and references etc. If you do, they will then make the offer to you.
    At least thats what I understand, but someone else might be able to fill a gap/clear something up.

Did they give you an OOM or ask you for vetting info?

Maldesu wrote: »
    Don't know about the size of the panel, but in many civil service roles they will have a lifespan of 2 years. So, lets say you are no 3, and there are 3 places, you will get vetted to see if you pass the security and references etc. If you do, they will then make the offer to you.
    At least thats what I understand, but someone else might be able to fill a gap/clear something up.

Did they give you an OOM or ask you for vetting info?

i am in the top 3 with OOM but have heard nothing. Never seen a process take so long. Not even convinced at this stage there is positions available, if there was then there would have been some movement at least.

Does anyone know what size the panel is? Or what the next steps are. I tried emailing but it's all very vague. Do they take one person at a time or is it batches?

Considering there are 5 weeks of training involved it would be a batch of people at a time.

i am in the top 3 with OOM but have heard nothing. Never seen a process take so long. Not even convinced at this stage there is positions available, if there was then there would have been some movement at least.

Did you get the forms for vetting? They get emailed rather than sent using the website.

• Advertisement

Maldesu wrote: »
    Did you get the forms for vetting? They get emailed rather than sent using the website.
    No I have received nothing since the interview although I had to bring the forms to the interview for the vetting so maybe that part of the process is underway.

I've also received nothing. I got my OOM and when I asked what happened next they advised me clearance would be in contact. So no real clue as to what next steps look like or a timescale.

What region did you both apply for?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What region did you both apply for?

Limerick only, you? Maybe they will call other regions first and thats why I have heard nothing but judging by this thread nobody has heard anything.

I'm for Dublin and got a request for the vetting information the day after my interview results. It was sent to my email rather than publicjobs.

• Advertisement

Limerick only, you? Maybe they will call other regions first and thats why I have heard nothing but judging by this thread nobody has heard anything.

I’m not in the competition but I know someone who is (Dublin) and she’s been sent out information on the next stage.

I’m not in the competition but I know someone who is (Dublin) and she’s been sent out information on the next stage.
    That would probably make sense, to be honest cant see any positions in Limerick. From what I hear there is one Analyst in Limerick who is going no where which is a bit frustrating after a year of waiting round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CS101

I'm in for regions Cork (preference 1) and Limerick. I received vetting application about 2 months ago. No update since. Very slow process.

I'm in for galway but no updates on anything as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexr356

I sent in my vetting about 14 weeks ago now and , apart from a few initial queries about parts of my application , have had radio silence since. Even emailed the clearance people a few weeks ago to ask was there any chance of an update and not even a reply! My chosen locations were Dublin and Cork, but at this stage I'm not holding out much hope - whole process has been a bit ridiculous to be honest !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

alexr356 wrote: »
    I sent in my vetting about 14 weeks ago now !

I'm up to about 17 weeks. Dublin. :rolleyes:

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    I'm up to about 17 weeks. Dublin. :rolleyes:
    Oh wow , seems like the "maximum 13 weeks" that was originally mentioned was just a guess on their part 😂
    Have you managed to get any updates from them yourself?

I sent in my vetting about 14 weeks ago now and , apart from a few initial queries about parts of my application , have had radio silence since. Even emailed the clearance people a few weeks ago to ask was there any chance of an update and not even a reply! My chosen locations were Dublin and Cork, but at this stage I'm not holding out much hope - whole process has been a bit ridiculous to be honest !

The delays in waiting seem to be for all Garda related positions judging by the general eo thread.

Can I ask what the queries about the application related to? My friend couldn’t find up to date addresses or one or two dob’s for her partners family and is worried that it’ll be an issue.

The delays in waiting seem to be for all Garda related positions judging by the general eo thread.

Can I ask what the queries about the application related to? My friend couldn’t find up to date addresses or one or two dob’s for her partners family and is worried that it’ll be an issue.

Similar stuff to be honest - couldn't confirm a few exact dobs and one address - emailed them back to say I had tried my best through all available channels and this was as accurate as I could be. The reply they gave was along the lines of " okay , hopefully that will suffice" which didn't reassure me that much haha, but who knows!

Oh wow , seems like the "maximum 13 weeks" that was originally mentioned was just a guess on their part ��
    Have you managed to get any updates from them yourself?

I haven't tried to get an update. I've heard it's not unusual to be waiting a long time for vetting (like 6 months+). I'm hoping it's not that long though.

• Advertisement

I got an email yesterday to say my clearance has come back - 17 weeks later. They asked for permission to contact my current employer. I asked how long the process might take from here and have gotten no response yet

feefs101 wrote: »
    I got an email yesterday to say my clearance has come back - 17 weeks later. They asked for permission to contact my current employer. I asked how long the process might take from here and have gotten no response yet

Good to know that it's moving at least.

I am waiting almost 18 weeks, Dublin, recieved a reply today to say they have resent all requests and hope to have all my returns soon! What ever that means?

For this role?

No didnt get called for interview for this role. I was assigned EO to AGS in Early February from the open EO competition 2018.still waiting!! So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

Similar stuff to be honest - couldn't confirm a few exact dobs and one address - emailed them back to say I had tried my best through all available channels and this was as accurate as I could be. The reply they gave was along the lines of " okay , hopefully that will suffice" which didn't reassure me that much haha, but who knows!

At what point were you asked for DOBs for family members. Have been in the vetting process since early May and haven't been asked for this yet. The lack of information is painful!! Any info you can pass on would be so appreciated!

I asked about the vetting in another thread. I know two people in different competitions for AGS. One is CO level and their vetting seemed to be the norm, it involved the usual form which was completed online and sent off, after about a week they got an email back saying a declaration had been made.

The person going for this didn’t have to do that, she was just sent on the form to fill in her family details.

AirAmp2019 wrote: »
    At what point were you asked for DOBs for family members. Have been in the vetting process since early May and haven't been asked for this yet. The lack of information is painful!! Any info you can pass on would be so appreciated!

I submitted the form mid Feb. It was a lot more than DOB though. Jobs, addresses etc for all siblings, parents, aunts/uncles and grandparents (incl deceased). If I was married the same would have had to be done for spouse :o I have a pretty large family which is spread all over the world so it took me a good week to even get the form completed. For a while I figured as I had so much stuff on it that this was why it was taking so long. However, everyone else seems to be in the same boat.

Still waiting 18 weeks later for any sort of response.

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    I submitted the form mid Feb. It was a lot more than DOB though. Jobs, addresses etc for all siblings, parents, aunts/uncles and grandparents (incl deceased). If I was married the same would have had to be done for spouse :o I have a pretty large family which is spread all over the world so it took me a good week to even get the form completed. For a while I figured as I had so much stuff on it that this was why it was taking so long. However, everyone else seems to be in the same boat.

Still waiting 18 weeks later for any sort of response.

Don't forget the Eircodes and such. I was given a week to have mine submitted but I'm lucky in that I've a small family. If anyone has a large family they might want to gather some details in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

What?!

That sounds crazy!!

Why don't they give the heads up of what is needed in order to expedite the process?! Sounds like they need a few EOs assigned to improving the vetting process!!

Advertisement