Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Grinchy88 wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone know if they accept your invite to the test on your phone, (showing them the email) or does it have to be printed out?

Nope on phone is fine cos I didn't print mine. Innow so will let everyone know if it doesn't suffice haha

No issues with it on phone, there was 36 in at twelve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

How long were you in? Hoping to be home to pick the wee fella from creche

jules86 wrote: »

I was out by 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

In at 2. Out by 3. You can show your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Great that ye have got it done! Was the test similar to the one we already did?

Great that ye have got it done! Was the test similar to the one we already did?

Pretty much the exact same, I got a few different questions but most were the same

Results will issue mid September

Pretty much the exact same, I got a few different questions but most were the same

Results will issue mid September

Thanks crunchy momma. Wishing you all the best!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

I was always on the fence, im bowing out (was due to test tomorrow). I cant afford the pay cut unfortunately. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

jules86 wrote: »

I was out by 1
    Thanks was in the car by 3.05 and traffic wasn't too heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

At least 30 in the last session today and around the same for the one before it. Lots of interest still going

Maldesu wrote: »
    At least 30 in the last session today and around the same for the one before it. Lots of interest still going

I was surprised that sessions were so full because it wasn't much notice for August and there was only two days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I was surprised that sessions were so full because it wasn't much notice for August and there was only two days

Yeah, same as. Loads were finished with the verbal reasoning early. I reckon there are quite a load who did standard EO in it too (me included)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

So results are out mid September, do they announce with the results whether or not you are through to next stage? Is there one round of interview if one were topass stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

patjack wrote: »
    So results are out mid September, do they announce with the results whether or not you are through to next stage? Is there one round of interview if one were topass stage 2?

AFAIK they'll send you your score, along with the qualifying score and your order of merit. They usually say they that they'll be in touch should they reach your place on the order of merit

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    AFAIK they'll send you your score, along with the qualifying score and your order of merit. They usually say they that they'll be in touch should they reach your place on the order of merit

I wonder if , at that point they’ll start dividing it up by giving order of merit by county?

I wonder if , at that point they’ll start dividing it up by giving order of merit by county?

With general EO they didn't give breakdown by county until after interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Risoc

When does mid-September start?

Risoc wrote: »
    When does mid-September start?

I'm thinking we won't hear until Friday next week but that's just speculation

• Advertisement

Would love to hear sooner though cos these campaigns make me so impatient ha

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Friday the 14th id say. I got my last message to my phone just as i was leaving my desk to get a lift down to the train station. I turned on my computer again and checked and (for all those in the cs), between that, dragging a suitcase and trying to get to the taxi before i left, i forgot to clock out....
    It could be earlier - it could very well be today. They said mid september just to cover things but they often deliver earlier! Half 4 today is my bet, if not half 4 next friday

Was onto PAS today and they are reckoning end of next week for results

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stinkbomb

ah end of next week is not mid sept! Was really hoping for today

stinkbomb wrote: »
    ah end of next week is not mid sept! Was really hoping for today

I know!! I was hoping the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

From the Policing Authority's 6th Report to the Minister:
    Implementation of Changing Policing in Ireland

In terms of civilian recruitment, 174 staff have been appointed up to June 2018. However, a large proportion of these positions are backfilling existing vacancies, and will not help achieve the target for additional civilian recruitment of 500 in 2018. More encouragingly, there are 584 people currently in various stages of recruitment. The organisation has suffered from a high attrition rate during the recruitment process, attributed to the length of time required to undertake the recruitment process and vetting, and current labour market conditions. To date in in 2018, 190 applicants have withdrawn from the recruitment process.
    A core element of civilian recruitment has been redeployment. Of the 2,000 net increase in civilian headcount by 2021, 1,500 positions must be achieved through redeploying garda members to roles that require policing powers. Progress on this has been extremely slow, with 109.5 redeployments completed since June 2017.

Significantly, the 500 remaining ‘new’ civilian positions are being filled more rapidly with demands across the organisation. There are currently more business cases submitted to Garda HR for these positions, than there are positions available. In order to better manage this, a prioritisation exercise has been carried out and is being submitted to the Garda Executive for approval. In addition, work is underway to identify and put in place solutions that will increase the pace of recruitment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 StokesDrift

I wonder what the .5 redeployment is..

I wonder what the .5 redeployment is..

Job sharer

Is there a thread on here from a previous campaign? I'd like to see what sort of questions people get asked in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Risoc

I reckon we're out of the territory where the results have to issue on a Friday evening after 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

For those not successful this time, there should be some future opportunities.....

From the Policing Commission:
    The Garda Analysis Service should be enlarged and should have analysts based in all garda divisions as well as centrally. (Ch. 6 para. 10)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

Once stage two results have been announced, typically how soon do interviews commence?

Also, how many people might typically be interviewed for each position?

patjack wrote: »
    Once stage two results have been announced, typically how soon do interviews commence?

Also, how many people might typically be interviewed for each position?

I think for general EO, it took almost a month after stage two results to get invite to stage three and my date was three weeks after that

Still nothing?

stinkbomb wrote: »
    Still nothing?

No. I'm not surprised to be honest. There are a lot of campaigns on at the moment. The Garda one alone would have had around 1900 people(between 2 batches) coming in sitting their stage 2's.

Someone should call them!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

I think the Clerical 2018 campaign finished testing the day before our tests started. They haven't got results back yet. The date for their results have been put back til next week- they were meant to get them sept 14...( this is speculation from reading the clerical 18 thread).

Tipp star wrote: »
    I think the Clerical 2018 campaign finished testing the day before our tests started. They haven't got results back yet. The date for their results have been put back til next week- they were meant to get them sept 14...( this is speculation from reading the clerical 18 thread).

There is much less of ours to process than the CO and last week when I was onto them, they said end of this week. Was hoping for today

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Not sure if this helps but i did the general CO supervised exams the week before this and the results have just been released this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nhar

Just contacted PAS. They dont expect to release the results for another few weeks.....some time in October they said.

Nhar wrote: »
    Just contacted PAS. They dont expect to release the results for another few weeks.....some time in October they said.

Thanks....will stop refreshing my mail inbox every so often in that case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Thanks very much for that, I’ve been keeping an eye on. my emails the last two weeks waiting for this, i know now not to bother!!

God really? They could have sent a message out to that effect, they made a point of telling us mid-sept and it could be a month or more after that?

Wouldn't mind taking their job, that's for sure!

I wish they just wouldn't give us a timeline if they don't intend to stick to it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

I wish they just wouldn't give us a timeline if they don't intend to stick to it

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Darragh James

Does anyone know what exactly the job entails? I mean in Criminal Minds terms, is it closer to Garcia, Dr Reid or Prentiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Does anyone know what exactly the job entails? I mean in Criminal Minds terms, is it closer to Garcia, Dr Reid or Prentiss!

Data and statistical analysis in a civilian role. Boring stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Anyone heard anymore about when we are likely to hear?

MedPsych wrote: »
    Anyone heard anymore about when we are likely to hear?

No not heard a thing, but I haven't contacted them as they said October in last correspondence I got.

If you want to contact them yourself the email is Eocapa@publicjobs.ie

They usually respond pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Thanks for that :) Your right they are very quick! Just emailed and got a response now. Literally just said they will issue in October and no further detail! I wonder what the hold up is!

• Advertisement

MedPsych wrote: »
    Thanks for that :) Your right they are very quick! Just emailed and got a response now. Literally just said they will issue in October and no further detail! I wonder what the hold up is!

No idea but the CO results were delayed too and the stage one of AP was put back so I'd say they have to be understaffed at the minute for it to be hitting multiple campaigns

I do think it's ridiculous though seeing as there was only about four hundred doing this stage, no excuse for it to take over four weeks to collate and release results

Advertisement