Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle West BMX track - what happened?

Options
  • 22-06-2018 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the story behind the BMX track in Newcastle West (Co. Limerick)? While wondering to see if it would be possible to get my kids into BMX racing, I was surprised to find that there was a 'proper' BMX track in NCW. Unfortunately when I went to check it out last November, it's obviously closed for business so just wondering if anyone knows the history behind it? Is there any BMX racing in Munster besides Cork?
    453996.jpg
    453997.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A few videos on youtube, looks like local teenagers just mucking about in 2016 but in 2015 there are videos of families there so not long closed.

ncwknights@gmail.com

Newcastle West knights might be worth an email to see is it still running

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

Yeah I saw those a while back and it did hold 'official' races at one point in time - was only curious to see if anyone here knew anything about it. I believe Liam Collins was the driving force behind it. He was also behind Cherry Orchard indoor BMX track - is that gone also?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

LeoD wrote: »
    Yeah I saw those a while back and it did hold 'official' races at one point in time - was only curious to see if anyone here knew anything about it. I believe Liam Collins was the driving force behind it. He was also behind Cherry Orchard indoor BMX track - is that gone also?

Yep, gone in awhile. Nothing to do with the parents running the place though. Landlord seemed to be a bit tricky to deal with and eventually it closed. All hearsay and I know there were threads on here at the time.

They are looking at a small one being built up in Ballyogan, Dublin 18 as well, skate park is open already.

Advertisement