Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Recommendations

Options
  • 22-06-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a retro road bike which I'm selling because it's too small and doesn't suit my needs these days. And I'm seeking a replacement and I've never bought a new bike before and want to consider some things first as it is a big commitment:

-I'll be going through the bike2work scheme
    -I'm about 5km each way to/from work through city streets so won't be going v fast
    -I'm male, age 28, 195cm tall which google tells me I need a whopping 62cm framed bike :eek:
    -It seems every bike for sale is a small or perhaps medium, how do tall guys cycle?
    -I'm gravitating towards some of the Dutch style bikes because they seem quite robust and offer stability over speed. I also like the saddle, built in light and a small bit of storage.
    -I'm quite fond of the Dublin Bikes, they're an easy cycle and v stable.

Could anyone recommend something for me? and even where I might find such a freakishly large machine?

Advertisement