Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf courses in Belek, Turkey

Options
  • 22-06-2018 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    A small group of us, (probably 8), are thinking of organising a golf trip to Belek in Turkey in October/November. We are thinking of 3 or 4 rounds of golf. There are various packages available for various hotels and courses. None of us have been there before.
    Would anyone have played any courses there recently and which ones would you recommend to include or avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elisedal

Played nearly all of them.
    I would recommend
    National
    Lykia Links (bit of a drive and heard it was in money trouble)
    Montgomerie Maxx
    Nobilis
    Regnum Carya (Floodlights)
    Antalya Sultan
    Cornelia

I can recommend the Regnum for the package hotel. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Elisedal wrote: »
    Played nearly all of them.
    I would recommend
    National
    Lykia Links (bit of a drive and heard it was in money trouble)
    Montgomerie Maxx
    Nobilis
    Regnum Carya (Floodlights)
    Antalya Sultan
    Cornelia

I can recommend the Regnum for the package hotel. Great spot.

Thanks for that info. We will put it into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Is Turkey good for golf? How would it compare with the top courses in the Algarve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    A small group of us, (probably 8), are thinking of organising a golf trip to Belek in Turkey in October/November. We are thinking of 3 or 4 rounds of golf. There are various packages available for various hotels and courses. None of us have been there before.
    Would anyone have played any courses there recently and which ones would you recommend to include or avoid?

Elisedal gives a good list. I'd put Carya and Cornelia further up. Try the night golf at Carya - it's amazing.

Photos of all 14 courses are here
    Bottle wrote: »
    Is Turkey good for golf? How would it compare with the top courses in the Algarve?

The overall package in Turkey is better... and that includes the golf courses because every one is superb. The weakest, IMO, is Kaya Eagles, and even that is good. The only downside - if you can call it that - is that you're not going out to bars and restaurants the way you do in Portugal. Partly because there isn't as much night life (if any) and partly because most of the hotel/golf packages are all inclusive so your food and drink in the hotel is all included.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭boban z

Where do you fly from and 2 when going to Belek. From what I see there are not a great selection of dirct flights going to Turkey from Ireland.
    we normally go to the Algarve but we could be doing with a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

boban z wrote: »
    Where do you fly from and 2 when going to Belek. From what I see there are not a great selection of dirct flights going to Turkey from Ireland.

That's the only downside... typically you fly to Istanbul and then transfer to Antalya, so it's a bit of a journey. Or you could drive to Belfast and catch a direct flight to Antalya. It's Thomas Cook Airlines and it's 4hrs 40mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

boban z wrote: »

There are direct flights from Belfast to Antalya, (Thomas Cook). The only downside is the outward flight is at 6.30am. I'm not sure of the frequency but I think it's about twice a week. You could check on the Thomas Cook website or on Skyscanner.

Advertisement