Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for buying a PS4

Options
  • 22-06-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I used to game on a PC but due to my new living situation I can't accommodate my PC. So I bought a TV today and I want to get a PS4 tomorrow. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a PS4 and what titles I should try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Last of Us
    Bloodborne
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    God of War
    The Division - not exclusive but good value now if you haven't played it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Argos looks good for the basic 500gb one
    comes with God of War and a Playlink game for €270

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Last of Us
    Bloodborne
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    God of War
    The Division - not exclusive but good value now if you haven't played it

Cheers, borrowing The Last of Us from a mate, and I went for Dark Souls 3 instead of Bloodborne and I love it! Also do you think The Division 2 will be good?

I do think the Division 2 will be good but am a bit of a division junkie. Division 1 was a long and arduous journey before they got it where it needed to be. I expect something similar with the sequel.

Grand so. Also, from playing it on PC, I am a massive fan of the Battlefield franchise as BF4 is arguably one of the most fun metacasual games on PC. Would you recommend pre-ordering BF5? I've been away from the franchise for a while and would like to come back.

P.S. inb4 metacasual becomes a word

• Advertisement

I played B4 on the PS4 and loved it, still do. Spent hundreds of hours in the MP. I enjoyed hardline and BF! but never got into them to the same extent. BF is really a franchise for PC but it's one of the better MP shooters on console.

BF5 is supposed to be quite different but they all are to a certain extent. I'll be getting it day 1 probably pre-order cos I'm that eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Campogna wrote: »
    Grand so. Also, from playing it on PC, I am a massive fan of the Battlefield franchise as BF4 is arguably one of the most fun metacasual games on PC. Would you recommend pre-ordering BF5? I've been away from the franchise for a while and would like to come back.

P.S. inb4 metacasual becomes a word

Watching Sacriel play BFv at the moment and it looks like a big improvement on 4 and 1 for that matter

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Watching Sacriel play BFv at the moment and it looks like a big improvement on 4 and 1 for that matter

Seriously? That's pretty cool, honestly I'm not MASSIVE on the WW2 looking weapons but if they are really customise-able then I'd be all for it. Although I haven't watched much gameplay yet, but I did love BF4's level of customization with regards to the weapons and even vehicles.

Advertisement