Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission for brick shed to granny flat conversion? Viable?

Options
  • 22-06-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I own a corner plot house in an estate which has a brick shed to the rear with it's own gated entrance.
    I am hoping to get p.permission to build an extension onto the shed and convert it into a one bed granny flat.

Does anyone have any experience or could give me some insight into how likely this would be to get accepted?

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Depends on the LA but many will no longer allow such a project that is a standalone GF
    which LA is it?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carkeys11

Sligo County Council.

I'm also considering attaching the garage to the main house if the other option is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

carkeys11 wrote: »
    Sligo County Council.

I'm also considering attaching the garage to the main house if the other option is not possible.
    IIRC you will need a shared entrance and not a separate door to GF, even if attached.

A small separate dwelling is another option, however if would need its own elec supply/water [sewage should be okay.
    However depends on actual site and LA view on such developements

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement