Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting my partners child first time

Options
  • 22-06-2018 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm due to meet my partners 10 year old daughter in the next few weeks. We are together 8 months , we do not live together . Any tips as I'm a little nervous, should we meet somewhere fun or go for food . I'm looking forward to getting to know her and want to make a good impression ( I do not have kids myself but am very close to my 14 year old nephew)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Somewhere fun that she likes is for sure
    Nothing in the face type of fun, want it to be a nice amicable place where she can retreat to, like some of the places here
    https://www.familyfun.ie/fun-places-to-visit/

So you can talk to the mother and ingratiate yourself into her friendship if she offers or kind of offer some advice without being too forward

What does she like? Read up on it big time and if occasion exhibits itself let her teach you some things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 movingaway1

I would think either is fine or try get in both! Maybe go somewhere fun and take them for icecream or something afterwards. I introduced my daughter to my partner after around 8 months too although she was 4 at the time but we kept the first few meet ups short and sweet and it went well. They get on like a house on fire now.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Thanks guys for the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Just a little update on my original thread. We met a few weeks ago and all went well. We met at an amusement arcade first then to the cinema. We have met again on a number of occasions and have a day planned tomorrow just the three of us. Taking it slow and not monopolising all the time she normally has with her dad. She's a great little girl and I look forward to getting to know her better! Thanks for your tips guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Oops I thought you were the man meeting the mother

Advertisement