Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The coolest average joe looking fecker

• 22-06-2018 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Who is the coolest person in the world that if you didn’t know them you’d think they were some sad act. Maybe avoid them.

I’m going for black Francis from the pixies. If he sat beside you on the bus in his prime and you didn’t know him you would think he was on the way back from collecting some sort of welfare. But in fact he is the man who wrote some of the greatest songs of all time. Inspired a lot of the grunge stuff Kurt Kobain etc and yet I could picture him getting on the bus clutching a bag for life full of junk smelling of pee.

Anybody else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

bb3f9121c1685a1f4434776856de653d--the-boss-easy-listening.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

bb3f9121c1685a1f4434776856de653d--the-boss-easy-listening.jpg

Yeah but you can tell he’s just a celeb on a bender I mean people like

https://goo.gl/images/vVMHLN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

alanmoore.jpg

Alan Moore.

Using the computer machine.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Could people at least name these people with the pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Boss doesn't need naming!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Roy Keane, not that he is cool but he's a badass even though back in his prime he was so skinny and had moobs.

Autechre-2.jpg

AUTECHRE

Also use the computer machines so they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

SD-JuditPolg%C3%A1r-11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I'm unable to copy images - but (if anyone could, on my behalf) there are a thousand images of Tom Waits looking like he seriously needs a bowl of soup. This is the Tom Waits who is amongst the greatest song writers of our times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Christopher-Nolan.jpg

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

GM-portrait_2783799b.jpg

Guy Martin. Looks like he's about to bill you for 4 new tyres on your Corolla. Actually has one of the most colourful histories in motorsports and is a top notch entertainer.

Again if people just post pictures of obscure average joes nobody else will know who they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

There’s a guy I see some mornings cycling through Ranelagh... he’s an Indian looking man, into his 50’s I’d say with a huge long grey beard that flows and splits in the wind. He’s damn cool looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

33fbc44a-3df6-4fb5-bb52-7eabc5201a20-140218_real_william_swenson_660.jpg

William Swenson

Won the Medal of Honor in Afghanistan. Citation is long but well worth the read to see how he risked his life on multiple occasions to save his comrades.

https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/swenson/narrative.html

Brother Mouzone - "Mister Cheese......I see"
    3d36bd8f7fc9e1188bfcb507f2068399.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The Boss doesn't need naming!

One time I was in a restaurant when I noticed Bono having a meal with a scruffy acquaintance.

Bono got up to go to the toilet so I asked his friend if he'd take a picture of me with Bono when Bono returned, which he duly did.

After they left I asked the waiter for my check.

The bill came to 42.50 so I did a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Noveight wrote: »
    GM-portrait_2783799b.jpg

Guy Martin. Looks like he's about to bill you for 4 new tyres on your Corolla. Actually has one of the most colourful histories in motorsports and is a top notch entertainer.

When I seen the thread title Joey Dunlop immediately sprung to mind,rumour has it that when Honda head hochos arrived over from Japan to see who would be riding their expensive bikes they couldn't believe that the scruffy,humble,quietly spoken person was that man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Who is the coolest person in the world that if you didn’t know them you’d think they were some sad act. Maybe avoid them.

I’m going for black Francis from the pixies. If he sat beside you on the bus in his prime and you didn’t know him you would think he was on the way back from collecting some sort of welfare. But in fact he is the man who wrote some of the greatest songs of all time. Inspired a lot of the grunge stuff Kurt Kobain etc and yet I could picture him getting on the bus clutching a bag for life full of junk smelling of pee.

Anybody else.

I'm going to throw this out there on a crazy wild hunch. The likes of Francis and his peers can't stand people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Christopher-Nolan.jpg

Harry Enfield hasn’t aged much.

• Advertisement

I'm going to throw this out there on a crazy wild hunch. The likes of Francis and his peers can't stand people like you.

Who gives a flying fruck? As long as he makes the songs he likes I couldn’t care. You see these people work for me the customer. You think the fella in tesco that sold you your soup for one tonight on your way home from work likes you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Who gives a flying fruck? As long as he makes the songs he likes I couldn’t care. You see these people work for me the customer. You think the fella in tesco that sold you your soup for one tonight on your way home from work likes you?

They do when bien-pensants like their stuff.

You do know all these people sell a story that you can chose to believe but growing up their parents could afford music lessons. This is a business they are in. You honestly think they got back together because their message needed to be shared?

€€€€€€€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Noveight wrote: »
    GM-portrait_2783799b.jpg

Guy Martin. Looks like he's about to bkill you for 4 new tyres on your Corolla. Actually has one of the most colourful histories in motorsports and is a top notch entertainer.
    Suits that pic better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭FriendsEV

search?q=ed+sheeran&client=ms-android-sonymobile&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRwuSA1ujbAhWrIMAKHQ3DAnQQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=MHkiOslnEeLLxM:

John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.

IHFJ0S2.jpg?1

PEFT8Hi.jpg?2

The ultimate quiet achiever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just those cameramen in obscure war torn parts of the world. I have no idea who they are or what they look like!?
    But they are cool as foooook.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I'd say Paul Oakenfold would look normal enough and be able to mingle when off his DJ circuit without the need for minders etc.

Paul-Oakenfold-Feb-2018-FI.jpg?w=600

Pete Tong too recognisable. Carl Cox too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Fred Dipnah was quite cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Fred Dipnah was quite cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

steve-buscemi-promo-104052379.jpg

He worked as a firefighter before becoming an actor. After 9/11 he returned to his old unit and worked 12 hour shifts for a week sifting threw the rubble, looking for survivors. He didn't do any interviews and just got on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

not only have I learned a new word but it's a word that I can see myself using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

They're not cool, they're horribly dressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Ringo Starr was once the most popular Beatle among their female fans.

ringo-starr-759.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Mark E Smith. Even in his younger days just looked like a fella you might see working in a garage. Never cared about image. As he got older looked like a street drinker.

hqdefault.jpg

The-Fall-forced-to-cancel-tour-after-Mark-E.-Smith-is-hospitalised.jpg?resize=759%2C500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

John-McAfee.png?resize=674%2C506

A more recent photo;

DgTiw9iU0AA_1Ix.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I'm unable to copy images - but (if anyone could, on my behalf) there are a thousand images of Tom Waits looking like he seriously needs a bowl of soup. This is the Tom Waits who is amongst the greatest song writers of our times.

He was the first person who popped into my head as well. Here ya go:-

Tom-Waits-portrait-1988-billboard-1548.jpg

MV5BMTM0MDcxMzExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgwNzQ0NA@@._V1_UY317_CR53,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

You do know all these people sell a story that you can chose to believe but growing up their parents could afford music lessons. This is a business they are in. You honestly think they got back together because their message needed to be shared?

€€€€€€€
    Yeah nobody average Joe looking suggested yet, they all look monied and well accustomed to the paperazzi lens. I'm on the dog and bone so I can't post a pic, but my vote goes to Shaun Ryder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Again if people just post pictures of obscure average joes nobody else will know who they are

Noone knew who black Frank was till you banged on about him

Peatys wrote: »
    Noone knew who black Frank was till you banged on about him

You never heard of the Pixies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I have no idea who half of these people are.

You never heard of the Pixies?

Heard of them yeah, but wouldn't know any of their names

Peatys wrote: »
    Heard of them yeah, but wouldn't know any of their names

You know black Francis don’t you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭memorystick

Clint Eastwood

You know black Francis don’t you?

Now i do.