Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone webtext

Options
  • 22-06-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Anyone using Vodafone webtext? Previous posts on this topic all date from several years ago. I don't see any recent posts confirming the success/failure rate. The earlier posts mostly related to problems with the service. I'm using Three.ie webtext which works quite well except for the absence of Sent Texts facility.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone doesn't keep sent webtexts either but other than that it works fine.

Swift SMS app works with Vodafone webtext along with the captcha codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Haven't heard of Swift SMS but will check it out. Thanks Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I use Vodafone webtext and it works fine. An address book would be useful, used to have that on the O2 webtext.

In the app mentioned above, recipients can be selected from phone contacts.

Only Eir and Tesco allow importing contacts to their webtext portal.

Three allow saving contacts in their portal but it's a one-by-one manual process.

There are also separate apps by the same developer for eir and three webtext.

Some more info in this thread...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057126777&page=30

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ten Pin wrote: »
    In the app mentioned above, recipients can be selected from phone contacts.

If you're referring to Swift SMS, what's the app name in the Play Store?

• Advertisement

The developer hasn't updated Swift SMS since 2016 so it's probably gone from play store so it would need to be sideloaded via APK.

Search "Swift SMS 1.4.11 apk" to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Ten Pin wrote: »
    The developer hasn't updated Swift SMS since 2016 so it's probably gone from play store so it would need to be sideloaded via APK.

Search "Swift SMS 1.4.11 apk" to find it.
    Could not find on play store under any criteria, but was able to locate on https://apk.tools
    Looks like the one, however would be great if some one could confirm if this is right one.
    Unfortunately not working with Three. App logged in to my Three account successfully and able to read my contacts, but, once started, crashing after few seconds with message: "Unfortunately, SwiftSMS has stopped".
    Not sure, could be because I'm currently abroad. Can some one confirm is functional on Irish IP. Will test once back home.

Edit: Also, phone reporting this app causing slowdown, if app is left running in background

This is where I got it
    https://m.apkpure.com/swiftsms/com.swift

It only works with Tesco and Vodafone.

Delete the three login from Swift SMS as it will continually attempt to login in the background.

For Three...(not ex-O2, have only used earlier versions but worked fine)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingamedeo.threeiewebtext

For Eir...(have only used earlier versions but worked fine)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingamedeo.eiriewebtext

The earlier versions of the three and eir apps didn't allow multiple recipients, that may have been fixed since.

A few months back, Three locked a lot of webtext logins that subsequently required customer service help to unlock, this might have been something to do with third party webtext apps so just keep that in mind.

Thanks Ten Pin, have seen them links - read original "SwiftSMS" thread to the very last message.

Was using "Irish Cabbage Lite" until it stopped functioning after Three done some changes, so was pushed to look for some alternatives. This was where i come across "SwiftSMS" first time(2015-2016). Was disappointed find out developer abandoned project.

Needed such service for relatives abroad to contact me if needed(at no cost). Things changed since and I was checking for Web-text apps just out of curiosity once noticed this thread.

ttenneb wrote: »
    Anyone using Vodafone webtext? Previous posts on this topic all date from several years ago. I don't see any recent posts confirming the success/failure rate. The earlier posts mostly related to problems with the service. I'm using Three.ie webtext which works quite well except for the absence of Sent Texts facility.
    There was another app available for such service - "Irish Webtext". Link on apk.tools
    Have not used it myself - can't say much more about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement