Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidaying in Ireland with a toddler this Summer. What nappies do you recommend purch

Options
  • 23-06-2018 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello all.
    We use Huggies pull-up nappies (step 5 if this makes sense) and they are really great but it seems Huggies are no longer available in Ireland. Is this correct?
    What nappies would you recommend that are generally comfortable and reliable. Simple roll on nappies are preferable.

Also which stores have the best selection for toddler (2 years old) grocery stuff- foods/snacks/nappies etc do you think too?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

saram wrote: »
    Hello all.
    We use Huggies pull-up nappies (step 5 if this makes sense) and they are really great but it seems Huggies are no longer available in Ireland. Is this correct?
    What nappies would you recommend that are generally comfortable and reliable. Simple roll on nappies are preferable.

Also which stores have the best selection for toddler (2 years old) grocery stuff- foods/snacks/nappies etc do you think too?

Thanks.

Aldi brand

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

I would agree with Aldi for nappies and snacks. We have tried most of the brands but always gone back to Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

They have Huggies pull ups in my local Dunnes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Huggies are available in supervalu too I think.Most shops have kids food etc....SuperValu, Dunnes and Tesco probably have the biggest selections.Aldi and Lidl have stuff too, although a smaller selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

saram wrote: »
    Hello all.

Thanks.

Where are you from?

Some of the main retailers in the UK also operate (Tesco/ADLI/LIDL).

We also have SuperValu and Dunnes Stores.

Most Dunnes/Teso/SuperValu should stock Huggies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

Try something that will not destroy out environment, other people want to enjoy the planet in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

noinc wrote: »
    Try something that will not destroy out environment, other people want to enjoy the planet in the future!

That's all well and good until you have wash a pile of ****ty nappies

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Aldi nappies are brilliant.
    They have a pretty good selection of kiddie snacks too but you would get more choice in the likes of Tesco or Dunnes

mordeith wrote: »

That's all well and good until you have wash a pile of ****ty nappies

It is not all and good to have half a million "pampers" dumped every day here in Ireland when there are alternatives but we have weak politicians afraid to tackle this problem just for a few votes and many who use the disposable ones won't even bother to vote when an election comes around. If you are a parent play your role in helping the environment for your children if not for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It is not all and good to have half a million "pampers" dumped every day here in Ireland when there are alternatives but we have weak politicians afraid to tackle this problem just for a few votes and many who use the disposable ones won't even bother to vote when an election comes around. If you are a parent play your role in helping the environment for your children if not for the rest of us.

Jog on. As a parent I’m helping save the environment in many other ways. This is not the thread for your environment battles. Get onto the government about encouraging less driving and more use of sustainable means of transport.

• Advertisement

Are you a parent? I am and have taken on loads of environmentally positive schemes in my home. Solar panels, rainwater harvesting, ev owner etc. We also used semi compostable nappies for the early years. As said by the previous poster if you have a problem with the weak politicians get onto them about it instead of making blanket statements here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I think Lidl do a pull up version of their nappies too. If that’s any help.

I am not a parent but I hope future generations still have a planet to enjoy. You seem to be the first person to mention semi compostable nappies, which obviously they will not fully compost. As far as getting among politicians, firstly they know about it and there is too much human waste in nappies to add to it by talking to politicians. By the way I did not make a blanket statement or you seem to think I did so I'll ignore your contributions from here on in. As far as the previous poster wants anyone who lives in rural areas should walk everywhere rather than use any transport. I could walk the 8 kilometers to get a train or wait until Wednesday and get a bus. All your psuedo conserative actions count for nothing if you are contributing to a huge landfill problem that with a bit of effort would be gone.

I am not a parent but I hope future generations still have a planet to enjoy. You seem to be the first person to mention semi compostable nappies, which obviously they will not fully compost. As far as getting among politicians, firstly they know about it and there is too much human waste in nappies to add to it by talking to politicians. By the way I did not make a blanket statement or you seem to think I did so I'll ignore your contributions from here on in. As far as the previous poster wants anyone who lives in rural areas should walk everywhere rather than use any transport. I could walk the 8 kilometers to get a train or wait until Wednesday and get a bus. All your psuedo conserative actions count for nothing if you are contributing to a huge landfill problem that with a bit of effort would be gone.

Get off your high horse before you hit your head on a low bridge. Regardless of how you live your life, you are contributing to a landfill in Ireland.

I’m just happy that people here were able to assist the OP without providing a lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

have a read of the charter please. Specifically the section about soapboxing. You've made your point. Now you can stop posting in this thread unless you're going to be constructive.

Ah such a childish response. I can assure you that I don't contribute to landfills when there is an alternative but it seems if it means a bit of effort you don't think the planet is important enough. BTW I don't have a high horse but I pride myself on high morals, you should try it, we'd be all better off. It could end up that your blind eye might stop functioning after a few months of not overworked.

Ah such a childish response. I can assure you that I don't contribute to landfills when there is an alternative but it seems if it means a bit of effort you don't think the planet is important enough. BTW I don't have a high horse but I pride myself on high morals, you should try it, we'd be all better off. It could end up that your blind eye might stop functioning after a few months of not overworked.

So you do contribute to them. That’s grand. If you ever become a parent please come back and post videos of yourself washing cloth nappies and completely avoiding landfills through other means with infants. You won’t be able to because it’s impossible. The technology you use to post here is destroying the environment. Maybe you should go off grid if you are so serious about the environment and don’t light any fires while off grid. It damages the environment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm giving the Aldi ones a tumbs down we tried them last week, 2 times they leaked gone back to using the Pampers pull ups, never had a problem, Tesco usually have a deal where you can't get 2 or 3 big boxes for €10 each. Using them just over 3yrs https://www.pampers.ie/star-product/pampers-baby-dry-pants

You really are a silly person but when I post a photograph of me being a parent would you like to see some pigs flying in the background too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm giving the Aldi ones a tumbs down we tried them last week, 2 times they leaked gone back to using the Pampers pull ups, never had a problem, Tesco usually have a deal where you can't get 2 or 3 big boxes for €10 each. Using them just over 3yrs https://www.pampers.ie/star-product/pampers-baby-dry-pants

We found that depending on age of child we switched between brands. In our case aldi and pampers fit the best at alternate times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nothing I enjoy more than parents being lectured on all things children by somebody with none.

I am not a parent but I hope future generations still have a planet to enjoy.

So tell me, what device are you posting from that contains no elements or metals that were extracted from open cast mines in other countries. Did you charge that device from 100% renewable energy. Clearly you are leaving no environmental impact whatsoever.

Edit: Please tell us the fantastic alternatives to even semi compostable nappies? I hope you're bringing your wisdom over to the Ladies Lounge to inform them how irresponsible they are to use disposable sanitary products.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please read and abide by moderator warnings .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've always found Aldi Mamia nappies great for the price of them.

Advertisement