Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuickPark

Options
  • 23-06-2018 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Having used QuickPark for the past 5 years I maybe taking business elsewhere. Due to me forgetting to book my car in for the 1st time ever, I have been told there is no room at the inn!!!!. I use it approx 40 times a year. Having explained my situation I was told sorry it doesn’t matter if you are a regular or not. Anyone use any of the other long term parks and which ones do you find best??? I am really pissed off at the complete lack of customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not being funny but did you expect them to conjure up a space just for you if they're full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

You forgot and you want to place the blame on someone else?

Are you serious?

I woke up late last year and missed a flight to Leeds. I've flown with aerlingus hundreds of times over the years. Maybe I should have asked them to hold the flight for me, and if they refused come on boards and rant about them not doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is only one other near site long term - the DAA.

It isn't their fault that other customers booked before you. No supplier will hold spaces on the off chance a regular doesn't book. Particularly as the regulars usually book

I've deleted the second thread that is presumably due to the issues the site was having earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Liveline may be a good starting point. If you are that regular a user they should have been more accommodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Liveline may be a good starting point. If you are that regular a user they should have been more accommodating.

If they're full they can't be accommodating.

Liveline will have no interest - this is the same as a hotel being full, it happens.

• Advertisement

That's ludicrous! If they were full then they were full. They're not psychic.
    DellyBelly wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I shop in Lidl twice a week . How dare they be closed at 2 am when I fancied some cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I shop in Lidl twice a week . How dare they be closed at 2 am when I fancied some cheese

Eating cheese that late can lead to strange dreams. Perhaps like thinking it’s someone else’s fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Op, do you think they should remove a car belonging to a non regular?

L1011 wrote: »
    If they're full they can't be accommodating.

Liveline will have no interest - this is the same as a hotel being full, it happens.
    That's ludicrous! If they were full then they were full. They're not psychic.

I suspect the poster was being sarcastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I suspect the poster was being sarcastic :)

I am wondering if the OP was being sarcastic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not being funny but did you expect them to conjure up a space just for you if they're full?
    No, just a simple explanation might have done it. But sorry were full didn’t really do it for me. Anyway I booked an alternative spot, soon all good. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    No, just a simple explanation might have done it. But sorry were full didn’t really do it for me. Anyway I booked an alternative spot, soon all good. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Sorry we're full is a comprehensive explanation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

DAA Long Term Blue is generally the next best value

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

You forgot and you want to place the blame on someone else?

Are you serious?

I woke up late last year and missed a flight to Leeds. I've flown with aerlingus hundreds of times over the years. Maybe I should have asked them to hold the flight for me, and if they refused come on boards and rant about them not doing that.

Where did I blame it on someone else??? Thanks for your valued input. Very much appreciated.

Sorry we're full is a comprehensive explanation.

I’d say it’s more short and sweet myself.

Where did I blame it on someone else??? Thanks for your valued input. Very much appreciated.

In your original post - you effectively blamed them for not conjuring up a space for you in a FULL carpark.

You forgot, take it on the chin as you now seem to have done and get a space elsewhere. We all forget things now and then, but no use looking to then blame the provider for your own error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I’d say it’s more short and sweet myself.

What could they have done that would have satisfied you enough to not start this thread?

In your original post - you effectively blamed them for not conjuring up a space for you in a FULL carpark.

You forgot, take it on the chin as you now seem to have done and get a space elsewhere. We all forget things now and then, but no use looking to then blame the provider for your own error.

Effectively and blaming are two different things. Yes I have accepted it, I suppose I was just venting my spleen. More of a rant than apportioning blame.

Sorry we are full is an explanation ? What did you want ? A breakdown of how many cars were there or what full actually means ?

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Sorry we are full is an explanation ? What did you want ? A breakdown of how many cars were there or what full actually means ?

Cheers matey, I’ve explained through the thread. Your input is valued though. You’re obviously a seasoned customer service rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Cheers matey, I’ve explained through the thread. Your input is valued though. You’re obviously a seasoned customer service rep.

Ah, you're a customer is always right type of person.

Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

amcalester wrote: »
    Ah, you're a customer is always right type of person.

Gotcha.

The customer is always right ........... except when they are wrong

No , just someone with a bit of cop on . But keep on trying why don't you .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

To add some balance.
    I used QuickPark last week with the Priority parking as it was only €43 for 8 days using the the code Woof

Parked the car beside the priority office area . right beside bus pick up point
    On return car was waiting . I thought it was excellent service..

But there were signs on the way in that said it was full except for pre bookings

CH3OH wrote: »
    To add some balance.
    I used QuickPark last week with the Priority parking as it was only €43 for 8 days using the the code Woof

Parked the car beside the priority office area . right beside bus pick up point
    On return car was waiting . I thought it was excellent service..

But there were signs on the way in that said it was full except for pre bookings

Fully agree, I have used the premium parking since inception. When I made the call after forgetting to book, which I fully acknowledge was my fault, I am not debating that. From a customer service point, i personally thought they way the call was handled was not great. That was my point. I had my rant and yes I think it's a great service in Quickpark

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Fully agree, I have used the premium parking since inception. When I made the call after forgetting to book, which I fully acknowledge was my fault, I am not debating that. From a customer service point, i personally thought they way the call was handled was not great. That was my point. I had my rant and yes I think it's a great service in Quickpark
    But we don't understand why you think their handling of the call was "not great".

You wanted a space; none was available; they told you so, which was the information you needed. You say that "a simple explanation might have done it", but I really don't see a possible explanation any simpler than the one they actually gave you.

Did you feel they should have told you more than that? if so, what?

Or is it that they were rude in their manner when handling your call? You don't suggest that in your OP, or indeed in any of your posts.

We're still mystified as to what they did wrong. Obviously something they did pissed you off, but we genuinely have no idea what.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    But we don't understand why you think their handling of the call was "not great".

You wanted a space; none was available; they told you so, which was the information you needed. You say that "a simple explanation might have done it", but I really don't see a possible explanation any simpler than the one they actually gave you.

Did you feel they should have told you more than that? if so, what?

Or is it that they were rude in their manner when handling your call? You don't suggest that in your OP, or indeed in any of your posts.

We're still mystified as to what they did wrong. Obviously something they did pissed you off, but we genuinely have no idea what.

As you use the term we I assume you are connected to QP. It was the curt manner in which the person who took the call dealt with it, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

As you use the term we I assume you are connected to QP. It was the curt manner in which the person who took the call dealt with it, nothing else.

We as in the posters here.

You said you wanted a short and sweet answer and were told it was full. Now you are complaining about how a busy person told an awkward individual that they are Full and not to use them because of this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@ArirlAtom - lay off making assumptions that posters are connected to QP. Making that kind of comment only riles up people

@All posters - watch the tone please. There’s a lot of snarkiness in here

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement