Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Limerick

• 23-06-2018 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm organising a stag party at the moment and we have decided to have it in Limerick. I went to college there but haven't been out in the city in over 10 years so I need some recommendations!
    It is a small enough group, 8-10 Lads.
    Firstly, what is the general reception to stag parties in the city? Are they generally accepted or do we need to pretend it's not a stag?
    Then, where's the best place to go for (a) food - good steak / burger, nothing fancy and (b) pints - preferably a good late bar, decent crowd on a Saturday night and doesn't involve too much walking from wherever we eat.
    I've been hearing good things about Thomas Street lately so all suggestions very welcome ....
    Thanks,
    Daragh

Comments

Jesus man, no offence but that sounds like an awfully weak excuse for a party, "stag" or otherwise!

A quick scan through your post highlights words like small, 8 lads, nothing fancy, pints, bar, decent, no walking from some chipper where we get a burger.

Yikes! What went wrong since I was your age? You want a good stag? Highlight words like Russian roulette, iowaska, teenage hookers, and then go do it in places like Grozny, Port Moresby, or Lagos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Jesus man, no offence but that sounds like an awfully weak excuse for a party, "stag" or otherwise!

A quick scan through your post highlights words like small, 8 lads, nothing fancy, pints, bar, decent, no walking from some chipper where we get a burger.

Yikes! What went wrong since I was your age? You want a good stag? Highlight words like Russian roulette, iowaska, teenage hookers, and then go do it in places like Grozny, Port Moresby, or Lagos.

Would you ever cop on!?

OP sounds like my ideal stag. I would suggest you start off in somewhere like bobby byrnes if there was rugby on and you can have a few pints and get a very decent feed. Move down the town then to souths followed by Catherine street; tom collins, jerry flannerys, mickey martins and across to Nancys. You can stay there or go across the road to the icon if you want a nightclub. There are plenty other options around that area so you wouldn't be bound to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hey OP,
    I did very similar for my own Stag in Limerick a couple of years ago.
    Wanted to stay in the city so my Son and youngest brother who were both underage at the time could join in for the earlier activities.

We went karting out in NKC then had a bite to eat in Marco Polo. Then the boys were sent home and the pub crawl commenced.
    We had a few in around Thomas St and Denmark at before we hit Costello's for the big finish.
    Was really handy, a good night that didn't put too much pressure on people to either travel or spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

banie01 wrote: »
    Hey OP,
    I did very similar for my own Stag in Limerick a couple of years ago.
    Wanted to stay in the city so my Son and youngest brother who were both underage at the time could join in for the earlier activities.

We went karting out in NKC then had a bite to eat in Marco Polo. Then the boys were sent home and the pub crawl commenced.
    We had a few in around Thomas St and Denmark at before we hit Costello's for the big finish.
    Was really handy, a good night that didn't put too much pressure on people to either travel or spend.

Ah Costello's is the business. Best late bar/ nightclub in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Why, what's wrong with a quiet stag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Quiet Stag is the job. You dont have to act like a loud bellend to have a good night.

There's good options for you around these days. There is bar 101 which is really nice and fits the late bar profile you're after, you could go to Jerry Flannerys on Catherine street, the new area there is really nice and I quite like hogans across from uber just for a pint or two aswell.

Lots of options. You dont need to go down to the mayhem of Nancys or Icon unless thats what you're after

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daraghmack

Thanks for all of the replies, very helpful and much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

daraghmack wrote:
    Thanks for all of the replies, very helpful and much appreciated.

One thing about Limerick is that once u have money u won't be refused I was on one a few yrs ago dogs then bars twas grand.... always a great band in cobblestone joes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

lab man wrote: »
    One thing about Limerick is that once u have money u won't be refused I was on one a few yrs ago dogs then bars twas grand.... always a great band in cobblestone joes!

Not sure what you're on about there. Several places in Limerick have ridiculous door policies that turn you away for no reason. The Icon being a perfect example. 101 is the same.

Advertisement