Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Are Your Plans For This Heatwave?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Makes me cringe when I see pale skinned people burnt to a crisp. Why oh why do they want that pain for what is a few days sun.

Forget to put on the lotion I thinking you be surprised by how many people don't use any and they look like tomatoes. I use an 8 or 10 SPF lotion I got dark hair and greasy skin so I tan more than I burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Diversity for Hire

I'll be spending most the heatwave boiling to death in my office.

Only good things about this weather is the girls wearing less and sitting out in the warm evening with a beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I will be moving from shadow to shadow and staying inside as much as possible. I am more of a six degrees and overcast sort of girl.

+1. I'll tolerate the odd late evening sunset but that will be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Lying on top of the bed in my underpants watching Scooby doo with the fan set to 3, if you must know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I just bought a 7500 litre lidl swimming pool.now i wait until it fills. ...........Should be sometime mid December i reckon.

Whatever about the insane-sized Swimming-Pool, I hope ya remembered the 2-Man-Tent, the Chainsaw, and the Trumpet?!? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Tomorrow is day two of roofing a shed. The sun screen just pours off in a river of sweat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Eh... Working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Wearing shorts in the garden and feeling happy to be alive:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Avoiding it for the most part. Too ginger and too pale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Skatedude wrote: »
    probably just turn up the aircon at home

Irish People only ever need to use air conditioning about once every 10 years or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Getting the legs out while wearing a nice dress or skirt and getting some sun on them. Love the feeling of sun on the legs. Also going to the cinema. Nothing like going to the cinema on a hot sunny day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Lying on top of the bed in my underpants watching Scooby doo with the fan set to 3, if you must know.

I'm the same, but watching Netflix.
    The window is wide open, got bitten by a mosquito though.
    Also covered in Aloe Vera as I'm half burnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

There's been a nice breeze where I live each night so far. Its making sleeping a lot easier than it usually can be during a heatwave.

It can be as hot as hell during the day as long as the nights are cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

."This too shall pass..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Have been basically painting suncream onto myself the last few days. Trying to avoid the sun as best as I can while at work. The people in the office with the air con on staying cool while everyone in the workshop sweating buckets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Few beers.

Beer garden tomorrow.

I'l have a good sweaty **** to celebrate

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Irish People only ever need to use air conditioning about once every 10 years or so.

I use it every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

natashaob6 wrote: »
    All joking a side I do feel sorry for people who suffer from extreme heat conditions and I do hope they will get through this heatwave without any major health issues.
    It's a few days of sunshine..

• Advertisement

It's a few days of sunshine..

Originally Posted by natashaob6 View Post
    All joking a side I do feel sorry for people who suffer from extreme heat conditions and I do hope they will get through this heatwave without any major health issues.

Lyle Lanley;107365401]It's a few days of sunshine..[/QUOTE] which can damage and even kill

natasha, thank you. So few realise. counting the hours here until cooler days ....

Graces7 wrote: »

Lyle Lanley;107365401]It's a few days of sunshine..
    which can damage and even kill

natasha, thank you. So few realise. counting the hours here until cooler days ....[/QUOTE]

They have urged folk to look out for old folk too.. shopping in this heat.. Make sure they have food adn especilly liquids in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I use it every day.

So do I. I wouldn't buy a car without it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I am LOVING libraries as a coping mechanism for surviving this heat. They are dotted around all over the place, you're never far from one, and they're always wonderfully cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cutting, turning, bailing square bales of hay and then stacking them and bringing them home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

natasha, thank you. So few realise. counting the hours here until cooler days ....

They have urged folk to look out for old folk too.. shopping in this heat.. Make sure they have food adn especilly liquids in[/quote]
    I'm aware of the dangers of the sun. I've lived in hot countries. A few days of sunshine will do a lot less harm to old folk than the terrible winter you've just had.

• Advertisement

I am LOVING libraries as a coping mechanism for surviving this heat. They are dotted around all over the place, you're never far from one, and they're always wonderfully cool.

Yes I must look for a few local ones, I enjoy reading but the heat is so offputting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

They have urged folk to look out for old folk too.. shopping in this heat.. Make sure they have food adn especilly liquids in

I'm aware of the dangers of the sun. I've lived in hot countries. A few days of sunshine will do a lot less harm to old folk than the terrible winter you've just had.

The winter wasn’t terrible just a few days of snow.

How long is this forecast for anyway? No end in sight is what I’m gathering... heat is oppressive, most immigrants I speak to tend to cite it as the main reason they got the hell out of dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Where have you been all my life!!

:pac:

Hah !!!! made me laugh, my OH has to beg me to turn on the heat in December while covered head to toe in double layer summit ready fleece...holding hot water bottles...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I like the heat during the day, but I find it hard to sleep in it at night. So tonight I'm sleeping downstairs in the spare room, the room is north facing and is always a bit cooler than the rest of the house. I measured the temp there now and the difference between upstairs and the spare room is 3 degrees.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I like the heat during the day, but I find it hard to sleep in it at night. So tonight I'm sleeping downstairs in the spare room, the room is north facing and is always a bit cooler than the rest of the house. I measured the temp there now and the difference between upstairs and the spare room is 3 degrees.

Clever stuff! Only cooler air here is in the bathroom.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

IKEA is fantastic in weather like this ... never seen it so empty! :cool:

IKEA is fantastic in weather like this ... never seen it so empty! :cool:

roflol! Lateral thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Catching up on my 'Nordic Noir' collection, especially the off-piste Icelandic stuff. All those shots of snow drifts/showers and trying to figure out who is who cause they are all bundled up, is putting cold thoughts in my head and distracting me from any residual heat figuring out who is who.

* esp if its series 2 or so, that I'll have forgotten the original set up.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Enjoying it immensely. Working during the day early morning 'til around five, but I've been hitting the pool to cool off, throwing off the shirt and doing a bit of gardening, acting the fool with the garden hoses, strolling down t'Woolpack for cold 'uns in shorts-and-T-shirt, etc. etc. It's great! It helps that my house is well-insulated and manages to stay cool-ish in hot weather, particularly the bedrooms. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tenor.gif?itemid=3501282

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Lyle Lanley;107365401]It's a few days of sunshine..

natasha, thank you. So few realise. counting the hours here until cooler days ....[/quote]

Thank you for the kind comment. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the heatwave but as you know we are not used to this extreme heat so unfortunately we sometimes forget about the dangers it poses while enjoying ourselves.

I'm aware of the dangers of the sun. I've lived in hot countries. A few days of sunshine will do a lot less harm to old folk than the terrible winter you've just had.[/QUOTE]

I am sicker now ( very old ) in this heat than ever I was in the winter. Far sicker, and the intense heat is far more harmful .

Star Bingo wrote: »
    The winter wasn’t terrible just a few days of snow.

How long is this forecast for anyway? No end in sight is what I’m gathering... heat is oppressive, most immigrants I speak to tend to cite it as the main reason they got the hell out of dodge.

I am getting sicker and sicker. and as you say no end in sight. sincerely very happy for those who really love it . I used to .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I am getting sicker and sicker. and as you say no end in sight. sincerely very happy for those who really love it . I used to .

Keep hydrated. Did you get some messages in?

Melting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Relaxing

The only time it's comfortable is about 10pm at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Working like a dog but happy enough at it. Driving for a silage contractor and has been back to back 12-14 hour days for the past 3 weeks.

You couldn't beat it :o

Irish_rat wrote: »
    The only time it's comfortable is about 10pm at night!

Dafuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Off for a few days so spent most of the nights awake watching tv with the windows open. Lovely breeze coming in the windows every night. The heat during the day has been too much for me. I'm tired, cranky and sweaty. I am not built for this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Last few nights I have been sleeping on top of the sheets, with windows cracked open.

Sleep is fine, but work has been a slight struggle at times, probably a bit dehydrated, despite drinking two to three times my usual input. Enjoying the days off in it though, and the cooling showers and aftersun in the evenings.

This afternoon, and part of early evening, am heading for beach. Part of Metalman Swim Series in Sligo, and conditions, in my opinion, have been great. Unfortunetly, the Jellyfish have also seemed to have made heatwave plans, and have already made their first appearences this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm drying the wood I chopped a few months ago.

"Keep right on to the end of the road.." All we can do. It is getting like one of those climbing walks where when you think you are at the top of the mountain, you see another higher bit ahead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't forget to leave out some water and seeds on the bird tables.
    The ground is so hard now that it's not as easy for the birds to forage for worms and they've no puddles to drink from.
    I made a little bath for them on my table by turning an old hard hat upside down and filling it with water.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Sick of this. It's time to shave the balls.

Advertisement