Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc crashing while Gaming

Options
  • 23-06-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering has anyone else had any of these issues.
    My pc is randomly powering off at specific points when I play pubg, no BSOD.
    I've tested the PSU/Ram/Cpu/Gpu and none seem to have any issues, I'm hoping its just a bug in windows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Something is faulty, most likely the PSU? Windows bug wouldn't cause a hard shutdown.

It's probably something going funky with the PSU under heavy load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Thermal shutdown may not cause any events either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I watched all thermals under hw monitor. Max can get is 50deg even today in this weather

Ive ran furmark and prime at the same time. Shutdown before with this combo now it wont

I used a simple psu tester and watched and no errors from it. Not perfect test though

• Advertisement

Cleaned out the psu and so far it hasn't happened again. Moved house twice in last two months so got very dusty. I'm hoping that's all it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Have you done mem test for failing ram

I didnt as would take too long. It always crashes at the same stress point so dont think would be ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

GPU has enough power? All the aux power slots are connected?

Its a 1080 so only needs one 8pin.
    Both 8pins for CPU are connected. 1950x.
    When I'm home i will run Furmark & prime together for an hour see what happens.

• Advertisement

I have Prime95 and Furmark running running at the same time. Its running without issue now.
    Fix:
    Cleaning out the PSU of dust from the move.
    Cause:
    My Stupidity in forgetting the PSU when I cleaned the rest of the system after the moves :D. (Their was loads of dust).

Issue still kept happening, replaced psu and continued.
    Finally fixed by disabling Windows fast startup. For some reason windows fast startup is known to have a bug that causes this in Windows 10.

Advertisement