Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Storage recommendations

Options
  • 23-06-2018 6:26pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Has anyone used any of those self storage companies in the last year or so?

I'm looking to store some personal stuff as I'm planning on buying a place soon and would like to declutter the place I'm renting at the moment while also sorting out stuff I still have stored with my parents.

Don't need that big a place, no large pieces of furniture just smaller bits that can be flat packed and a fair few of those large plastic IKEA boxes with various bits in them. A decent size walk in room around 5-8 metres square would suffice and I don't need 24hour access either.

All places seem to be looking for you to fill out forms asking lots of various questions which will no doubt lead to being spammed and harassed by sales people when all I want is a straight forward quote to see it its worth my while doing.

So any help and recommendations appreciated. If anyone can give me a rough price guide that would help too.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have a place for my brother who is abroad at the moment. There is mostly old crap like a few rugs, books, paintings etc in it. It costs 106 a month, which I'm glad he is paying not me. It's very secure, but it's an awful price for what is really just a big cupboard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

spurious wrote: »
    I have a place for my brother who is abroad at the moment. There is mostly old crap like a few rugs, books, paintings etc in it. It costs 106 a month, which I'm glad he is paying not me. It's very secure, but it's an awful price for what is really just a big cupboard.

How big is that storage unit? What is the sq m?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was trying to find a photo. From memory about 2 metres by 2 metres, maybe 2 by 3. His stuff is mainly on the floor. I suppose there is space above itwhich could technically be used if you didn't have stuff that could be squashed. I know I have a photo somewhere. I will try and find it.

**edit
    I rooted out the docket. It was originally in a 50 sq ft unit and that was 186.41 per month. It was too big so we moved it to a smaller one, which is now 106 odd a month. It's possibly it's 30sq ft, but I'm guessing really.

Advertisement