Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two questions about a 07 Toyota Aventis Petrol 1.6

• 23-06-2018 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭

It has 152,000 kms on clock

What should I pay for it: cash

What mileage should I get, mostly motor way driving?

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It has 152,000 kms on clock

What should I pay for it: cash

What mileage should I get, mostly motor way driving?

Thanks as always
    Link to the ad? Very hard to value with that much info.

As for mpg I'd be expecting 38-40 mpg max on motorway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd doubt you will get those figures from a 1.6 petrol Avensis on a motorway. 34 or 35 mpg would be more realistic. You will get similar from a 1.8 petrol Avensis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ba_barabus wrote: »

You won’t have a hope of gett8ng those figures unless you keep it under 100kmph. A petrol Avensis isn’t at its happiest on motorways.

To be fair you're probably right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye i had a 1.6 petrol avensis for 6 or 7 years, the 1.6 was definitely intended for irish national roads at 100km/hr, always felt like you were pushing it on the motorways. mine had the inbulit computer, but it never worked, constantly told me i was getting 14 mpg or so, which wasn't even close to accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

mossym wrote: »
    aye i had a 1.6 petrol avensis for 6 or 7 years, the 1.6 was definitely intended for irish national roads at 100km/hr, always felt like you were pushing it on the motorways. mine had the inbulit computer, but it never worked, constantly told me i was getting 14 mpg or so, which wasn't even close to accurate

I agree with that, took it for a spin on the m/way and it hits 3.5k revs at 120 km/h, its only a 5 speed gearbox.

Tracking is off a bit so they will fix that

No advert, in a garage in Nenagh: has NCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Currently driving one of these and it's hopeless on any motorway. The car definitely needs a 6th gear for the motorway commutes. Other than that they are a great car with few issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had a 1.8 litre years ago and did a fair bit of motorway driving, I was average 34/35 mpg from it. The 1.8 litre certainly felt more suited to motorway cruising. I'd try and find a 1.8 litre if you can, most tend to be the higher spec Luna model which will have cruise control and are slightly cheaper to buy over the 1.6 litre due to costing a bit more to tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Not sure if it applies to the 07 one but there's a recall on the 06 ones at the moment for an airbag issue. Got a letter from Toyota about my own.

No advert, in a garage in Nenagh: has NCT

What garage?

• Advertisement

What garage?

The Toyota garage

The Toyota garage

Anything coming out of Ivers & Cullinane will be in good condition, serviced by themselves if it's that old and it'll be stood over if anything goes wrong. I'd have no worries about buying it from them.

Every one here will scream bloody Mary that you'll get one cheaper, and you will, but I'd wager that if anything went wrong in the next 12 months it would be put right for you with no argument. Looking at the car I'd expect they want close to the asking price.

http://www.iverscullinan.com/used-cars/toyota-plus-ireland/a0Zb000000SHraz?Toyota/Avensis/Co. Tipperary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Anything coming out of Ivers & Cullinane will be in good condition, serviced by themselves if it's that old and it'll be stood over if anything goes wrong. I'd have no worries about buying it from them.

Every one here will scream bloody Mary that you'll get one cheaper, and you will, but I'd wager that if anything went wrong in the next 12 months it would be put right for you with no argument. Looking at the car I'd expect they want close to the asking price.

http://www.iverscullinan.com/used-cars/toyota-plus-ireland/a0Zb000000SHraz?Toyota/Avensis/Co.%20Tipperary

I have bought them cheaper but that looks a good one. 3k might buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

a few miles out the Limerick road at Ballywilliam (they have moved from Killaloe) slightly more mileage but less than half the price

I have never dealt with I & C 'cos of their prices but as mentioned they do give excellent back up service

http://www.jkautolines.ie/vehicles/toyota/avensis/clare/2001777

Than ks to you both for the links and insights..

Need to check if I can get insurance on a 10 year old car, my current insurer, Zurich won't

Okay, picked it up on Wednesday and have put c 500 kms on it already.
    Question: can you put a roof rack on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Okay, picked it up on Wednesday and have put c 500 kms on it already.
    Question: can you put a roof rack on it?

You can put a roof rack on any car I would have thought, well apart from soft top convertibles. You can certainly put a roof rack on an Avensis

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-racks-and-bars/toyota/toyota-avensis/avensis-saloon-2003-to-2008/products/166358-4975/roof-bars-for-toyota-avensis-saloon-2003-to-2008-

Best of luck with the new motor by the way

Thanks, the video clip shows how they fit, excellent!

Advertisement