Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton House Joining Fee

Options
  • 23-06-2018 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Is there any joining fee currently for joining carton house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Is there any joining fee currently for joining carton house?

I don’t believe so and if you know a current member you can get 500 off in the first year

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭mickey15ie

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

2549 is the full amount including gui & insurance, no entry fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

someone told me in the past that there is no competition fees in carton for the normal weekend comp.
    im not sure if this is still the case, but if so, its worth factoring in as comp fees can add up over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Seve OB wrote: »
    someone told me in the past that there is no competition fees in carton for the normal weekend comp.
    im not sure if this is still the case, but if so, its worth factoring in as comp fees can add up over the year

This would agree with what you said...

https://www.mygolfmembership.ie/golf-membership-deals/golfclub/carton-house/#

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Membership reciprocal agreement with Mount Juliet, Powerscourt and Fota Island.
    36 Holes Of Championship Golf

Nice additions to your membership.

I presume the membership covers both courses when it says 36 holes.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Nice additions to your membership.

I presume the membership covers both courses when it says 30 holes.

yea it has always been for both courses, they dont split membership. as it you can't just join one course

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭davegilly

What kind of average would you say competition fees would be at most courses? I currently pay €3 and presumed everywhere else would be similar, is this not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

davegilly wrote:
    What kind of average would you say competition fees would be at most courses? I currently pay €3 and presumed everywhere else would be similar, is this not the case?

€7.00 at my club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

£5 which includes 2s

€5 here as well. €20 for visitors though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

€6 here and €2 for the 2's - which I have only ever won once!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    €5 here as well. €20 for visitors though.
    yea but that includes the visitor green fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Keano wrote: »
    €6 here and €2 for the 2's - which I have only ever won once!

Ah stop. 2's only once? Your better than that!! Im sure i played with you that day and it is the hardest of the par 3's :eek:

yea but that includes the visitor green fee?

It does. Any course I've played as a visitor at an open were all around €12 - €15 though

think its about 18 in greystones but thats if you are with a member. not to many full open comps there

castleknock i think is 25--might be even 30. but then you can get your dinner for only 5 bucks extra

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

think its about 18 in greystones but thats if you are with a member. not to many full open comps there

castleknock i think is 25--might be even 30. but then you can get your dinner for only 5 bucks extra

And the dinner is lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Expensive comp fees though

4 in my place 5 for a medal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

AGC wrote: »
    Expensive comp fees though

4 in my place 5 for a medal

I think that was referring to the open comp fee for visitors.

In Tipperary GC it is gone up this year from €7 to €8 and then the 2's. So it works out at a tenner.
    Expensive compared to some but the yearly sub is pretty reasonable then by comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement