Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disabled man murdered in tallaght.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

Abz26 wrote: »

Another shocking murder

It always seems to be the weakest members of society these lads target

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Another sad death. Juvenile male arrested according to the Indo https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/young-man-found-dead-in-park-was-victim-of-frenzied-attack-37043385.html

But could you not have said man instead of lad, its a bit disrespectful imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Juvenile arrested? Great; more anonymity. A lot of murders or serious assaults by juveniles the last few months; Ana Kriegel, Cameron Reilly, the girl who was stabbed by that kid in Dun Laoghaire at Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The last 10 years this country has really taken a bad path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

So much wrong here. Cerebral palsy sleeping rough in a park stabbed to death by a kid.

It’s no society to be proud of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

So much wrong here. Cerebral palsy sleeping rough in a park stabbed to death by a kid.

I thought this too. Even without the murder, it makes pretty sad reading to see a young guy slipped through the cracks like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Juvenile arrested? Great; more anonymity. A lot of murders or serious assaults by juveniles the last few months; Ana Kriegel, Justin’s Valdez, the girl who was stabbed by that kid in Dun Laoghaire at Christmas.

Mark Hennessy was certainly no juvenile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

anewme wrote: »
    Mark Hennessy was certainly no juvenile.

Yes, of course. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

There's now been 9 non gang related murders since May, many of them being pretty distrubing cases. Have we had a period this bad before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Mother died / in and out of care......

Not good. Cerebral Palsy is a fairly striking physical disability too you’d have to be some serious lowlife to prey on that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I just moved out of that kip. You could almost see the park from our place. There's a serious amount of young wannabees strutting around day and night, causing trouble, selling drugs, rallying cars and trying to intimidate normal people. It was genuinely too dangerous to let my 9 year old out to play on the street.

R.I.P. to the young lad, and may the bastards who attacked him rot in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Before making assumptions, check the information in regard to him.

He was mildly disabled and had a full support network in the community.

He had accommodation available and preferred to sleep rough.

Aa he was an adult, he could not be forced into accommodation.

CeilingFly wrote: »

Why can’t they? Surely if you think sleeping in a park is good for you you could be sectioned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why can’t they? Surely if you think sleeping in a park is good for you you could be sectioned?

Sectioned for choosing to sleep outdoors in a park ? Are you serious ? Why would that be a reason to be sectioned ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Sectioned for choosing to sleep outdoors in a park ? Are you serious ? Why would that be a reason to be sectioned ?

Surely if you have cerebral palsy and think sleeping in a park is a way to live you have other issues going on.

Surely if you have cerebral palsy and think sleeping in a park is a way to live you have other issues going on.

Sad though it is it is not a reason to section anybody

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

And that makes it alright to murder him. Fair play to your assumption. :mad:

Riva10 wrote: »
    The poster did not say that at all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Another sad death. Juvenile male arrested according to the Indo https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/young-man-found-dead-in-park-was-victim-of-frenzied-attack-37043385.html

But could you not have said man instead of lad, its a bit disrespectful imo

Some juvenile, bit of craic, bounce some defenseless vulnerable lad for the laughs.. earn some kudos from your waster mates..

A depressing state of affairs recently.. so many senseless murders.

Hope there is some retribution for whomever is responsible but I won't hold my breath on that.

Try reading the post I was replying to - it was even quoted in my reply.

But some people just can't be arsed checking and instead just mouth off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Was there never a time that the local hoods, the real criminals, would have found out who this was and dealt with it?

I would have thought picking on the elderly and disabled was frowned on by even your most hardened proper criminal.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I just moved out of that kip. You could almost see the park from our place. There's a serious amount of young wannabees strutting around day and night, causing trouble, selling drugs, rallying cars and trying to intimidate normal people. It was genuinely too dangerous to let my 9 year old out to play on the street.

R.I.P. to the young lad, and may the bastards who attacked him rot in hell.

Ah they are the “most vulnerable” in society so we’re told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Was there never a time that the local hoods, the real criminals, would have found out who this was and dealt with it?

I would have thought picking on the elderly and disabled was frowned on by even your most hardened proper criminal.

Not any more ,

Remember the whole Jobstowns not guilty ,they came out to have a go a a woman politician but yet keep a code of silence for any attacks in the area

Before everyone runs to believe the hysterical rubbish in rags like the sun / indo group / mail, wait for all information to be released before making judgement

Yes, RIP to Adam Muldoon, but this was not some random murder by some kid walking by.

Adam had a mild disability and had other issues. He did not want accommodation. He was an adult. He enjoyed a few cans, had many acquaintances who mostly looked after him.

From real reports, there was drinking involved and an argument and the person in custody would be known as one of Adam's acquaintances and whilst a minor, would not be "young".

Most of this will be in the more intelligent media but because it doesn't suit the sensationalist angle of the gutter media, some may not read it.

So RIP, another senseless murder and yet again alcohol is involved. (just like cahirciveen, bray and dunleer)

Before everyone runs to believe the hysterical rubbish in rags like the sun / indo group / mail, wait for all information to be released before making judgement

Yes, RIP to Adam Muldoon, but this was not some random murder by some kid walking by.

Adam had a mild disability and had other issues. He did not want accommodation. He was an adult. He enjoyed a few cans, had many acquaintances who mostly looked after him.

From real reports, there was drinking involved and an argument and the person in custody would be known as one of Adam's acquaintances and whilst a minor, would not be "young".

Most of this will be in the more intelligent media but because it doesn't suit the sensationalist angle of the gutter media, some may not read it.

So RIP, another senseless murder and yet again alcohol is involved. (just like cahirciveen, bray and dunleer)

Does it matter how or why he was murdered???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Would've taught full knowledge of facts would be vital to informed debate/discussion? ?

Blaas4life wrote: »
    Would've taught full knowledge of facts would be vital to informed debate/discussion? ?

So we might hear he deserved it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

So we might hear he deserved it?

Meh your essentially argueing that people shouldn't find out info for reasons I can't fathom??

I have never suggested nor insinuated what your attempting to suggest I have :)

Misinformed discussion is activities for the mentally unwell

No, but misinformation in rhe hysterical sensationalist media, and believed by so many people can bring its own problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think the post was directed at those who said he should have been sectioned as he had a disability not at the reason to murder him as he said nothing of the murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sorry what's your point?

The lad was stabbed and died. Who cares if he knew his murderer!

lawred2 wrote: »
    Sorry what's your point?

The lad was stabbed and died. Who cares if he knew his murderer!

Because many posters here are basing their comments on made up sensationalism in the gutter media.

Best to make comments on the tragedy based on reality.

Because many posters here are basing their comments on made up sensationalism in the gutter media.

Best to make comments on the tragedy based on reality.

Which is what?

Advertisement