Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open to offers

Options
  • 24-06-2018 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Looking at at house that’s on daft at 295, rang the ea and he said that the seller is open to offers . What should I offer - what’s reasonable ? No house has going up on this road in years so I’ve no idea of price . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

Start at 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Don't imagine 250 will get you anywhere; where is the house located

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Start at 195..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Jack53 wrote: »
    Looking at at house that’s on daft at 295, rang the ea and he said that the seller is open to offers . What should I offer - what’s reasonable ? No house has going up on this road in years so I’ve no idea of price . Thanks

Open to offers usually means that its been on the market at 295k for a while and no one has bitten so they will consider less than the asking. How much less really depends - how much is the house worth to you?

A reasonable amount less than 295k is probably about right e.g. 250k. If they wont accept that or there is another bidder you can up your offer if you like, or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Dare you to offer €235k. What’s the worse that can happen? They could be desperate to sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jack53

thanks Co cork

Advertisement