Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses and Taxis Parking Ilegally On Manor Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

I have been living in the area for nearly 10 years and I would advise to stay away from this area if possible, its nothing but trouble. The loud traffic is only some of the issues, there is constant problems with drunks/anti social behaviour in this area (which isn't surprising considering its near all the clubs).

Thanks, really appreciate it. We were thinking that maybe being down a side street would help. Also looking at Francis st. and have some concerns about traffic/antisocial behaviour, etc.

Mostly, we just want to find somewhere inexpensive because if the market tanks I'd rather lose 50% of 100 grand than 50% of 300 grand, and ideally have no car if feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

CalRobert wrote:
    Mostly, we just want to find somewhere inexpensive because if the market tanks I'd rather lose 50% of 100 grand than 50% of 300 grand, and ideally have no car if feasible.

Oh the market will tank at some stage, but that could take years, and I suspect the Dublin market could be hit bad. Even though Waterford is much smaller compared to larger cities such as Dublin, having no car could limit your options

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Oh the market will tank at some stage, but that could take years, and I suspect the Dublin market could be hit bad. Even though Waterford is much smaller compared to larger cities such as Dublin, having no car could limit your options

Very true in all ways, but having had a bad experience with debt I'm loath to take out a giant mortgage. I also grew up being driven around all over the place or sitting in traffic to get anywhere once I had a licence and would like to avoid that. Waterford appears to have one or two houses in walkable areas (and a fantastic greenway for recreational cycling) so it came to mind, but of course there's always downsides. Looked up dance clubs in Waterford to get a sense of the problematic areas - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Come down next saturday after midnight and have a look for yourself

If this indeed is the case go out to the driver and explain the situation to him
    or get the name of the company on the bus assuming that their is one on the bus and give them a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Get on to the National Transport Authority. Operators need licences to run public services (such as a shuttle in and out of neighbouring towns to nightclubs etc). Public being defined as the operator selling seats individually (i.e. €10 return etc) as opposed to a group booking the bus for €400 for the night for example. If a license is granted, it must include the entire route including any set down, pick up and waiting areas. They won't have been granted a license that includes loitering on a double yellow line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement