Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Peugeot 5008 towing capabilities

Options
  • 24-06-2018 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have my heart set on a new Peugeot 5008, but have just found out they are discontinuing the 2l diesel version from July, and replacing the 1.6l 120BHP with a 1.5l 130BHP.
    This is fine for going round town, but I have a folding camper (like a trailer tent) to tow. It only weighs about 850kg but this could rise to 1000kg if I pack the roof with awnings/bikes etc. The 5008 has a specified towing limit of 1300kg so it falls well below that, but I want to be comfortable towing, rather than just about managing. The towing is a new thing for me so I have no previous car to compare it to.

Anyone know if those kind of specs would be OK for the towing? Of course, I could just get a 2.2l Kia Sorento that can tow 2500kg for about the same price, but there's something about those new 5008's...

TIA

Advertisement