Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleach ruined my hair, what should I do?

Options
  • 24-06-2018 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I got my hair done by a hairdresser who had advertised her services from home, it didn't turn out well so she panicked and applied more bleach and the end colour result was awful as well as completely dry. I gave my hair some time to recover and went to a reputable hairdressers who fixed the colour. Now my hair is destroyed. It's completely broken and thin. I'm not sure whether I need to cut it all off now or whether I can leave it to recover, or would this cause more damage? I was hoping someone might be able to advise? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

I got my hair done by a hairdresser who had advertised her services from home, it didn't turn out well so she panicked and applied more bleach and the end colour result was awful as well as completely dry. I gave my hair some time to recover and went to a reputable hairdressers who fixed the colour. Now my hair is destroyed. It's completely broken and thin. I'm not sure whether I need to cut it all off now or whether I can leave it to recover, or would this cause more damage? I was hoping someone might be able to advise? Thanks.
    Do what the reputable hairdresser said to do. You made one mistake going to an amateur perhaps stick to a professional route now. I know nothing about hair but some here might but they cannot know about your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Once the hair has become chemically compromised, over dry, brittle and snaps off easily, it’s gone beyond the point of recovery.
    You can use Olaplex and moisturising treatments on it to slow down further damage but it won’t actually repair itself. You might be better off having a shorter cut to remove as much damage as possible, because if it starts to break off unevenly, you could be left with obvious gaps in the hair on a longer style.

If it was badly damaged by the original hairdresser, then I’d be very surprised if another reputable colourist would apply further chemical treatments to it? Did they warn you about the poor condition during your consultation?

I work from home but I’m definitely no amateur so I rather resent that comment from the previous poster.

Unfortunately, going to a swanky expensive salon offers no guarantees of quality so I always recommend finding a good hairdresser via word of mouth.

Advertisement