Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use ATM card abroad?

Options
  • 24-06-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

My son has a bank of Ireland ATM card from his school bank account. It is not a visa debit card just an ATM card. I know you can use ordinary cards abroad but i am not sure if that is only because they are Visa cards.

Can he use this in a Greek ATM machine? He is heading off for a holiday following the leaving cert shortly. I would prefer to lodge money into an account for him than to have him bring cash with him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Fian wrote: »
    My son has a bank of Ireland ATM card from his school bank account. It is not a visa debit card just an ATM card. I know you can use ordinary cards abroad but i am not sure if that is only because they are Visa cards.

Can he use this in a Greek ATM machine? He is heading off for a holiday following the leaving cert shortly. I would prefer to lodge money into an account for him than to have him bring cash with him.

Hi Fian,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

This card could not be used abroad, you would have to use a Visa Debit card abroad. Can I ask how old your son is and around about he will be traveling?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement