Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm in USA and my credit card has stopped working

Options
  • 24-06-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,
    I informed BOI that I would be in the Us but now my card has stopped working. 
    This is slightly urgent. Help would be appreciated.
    ThabTh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There is a number on the back to ring when overseas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'd ring BOI I don't think this is monitored on a Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If it's Mastercard the number is 353 567757747

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ring the number on the back of your card. You have to be proactive in situations like this, they won’t contact you to sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I informed BOI that I would be in the Us but now my card has stopped working. 
    This is slightly urgent. Help would be appreciated.
    ThabTh

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for not replying sooner but this channel would not be monitored on a Sunday.

Can I ask if you have tried to use the card in both an ATM and directly in a shop, also have you received any emails or text messages from us asking you to confirm a transaction that you have attempted?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This happened to me in Dubai despite me phoning before (twice) and giving them a full itinerary of my locations of travel (it was the start of a few stops).  Infuriating, as i did everything right before travel and they did everything wrong.

Make sure and send them the bill for the phonecalls you had to make when calling from abroad. I did this and got refunded.

Advertisement