Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6+ repair advice please

Options
  • 24-06-2018 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Can anyone advise me on a problem I have? . My daughter bought recon iphone6+ June 17 from outlet that has shops in three towns throughout Ireland. Battery replaced under warranty in March 18. Now , while still under warranty , She finds that phone switches off intermittently, Touch ID doesn’t work. No physical damage, water damage.
    They have said that a ‘slight bend’ had negated warranty ( pic attached. Not obvious to me.?) also mail that I received from them is attached. Does it sound reasonable to anyone in the know? Seems as if battery not her problem but that’s the only thing the recommend replacing? I don’t know what I should do ? Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

See attached

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Its a known problem with IPhone 6's

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/05/24/apple-knew-about-bendgate-and-touch-disease/

Supposedly its the chips becoming loose from the board when the mainboard bends (like from putting in back pocket) - in the states they do repair this fault... but for a charge.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had my 6+ replaced free of charge by Apple when it exhibited this.
    You could chance sending yours in.

However the following could mean you end up having to pay for it.
    1) Touch ID not working- a sure sign that the screen was already replaced on the phone by a third party.
    However there's a chance they might not notice this and just go ahead and replace the phone..

Also when you bought it at the time did they mention that touchID wasn't working?
    When a screen is replaced on the iphone 5 or 6 series the original button and cable ribbon must be used to re-enable touch ID.
    For the iphone 7 and beyond its no longer viable and must be done by Apple who program the new home button.
    If they didn't then they are at fault for this unless you already had someone else replace the screen?

Advertisement