Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Games Done Quick (2018)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Looking forward to Sonic block as usually

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Website is really bad and the ordering and labelling of VODs too.

There is some stuff I'd like to watch but it's impossible to find.

You'd think after all this time they'd have someone who could split it up and upload properly, or even timestamp each game in the 7 hour block or whatever that they upload.

Use this....so much easier

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/8tkb8t/sgdq_vod_thread_2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Turned it on a couple times last night. Warcraft 3 guy was very chatty.
    Didn't know what was going on with Majora 3d with Goron Link flying all over the place

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Website is really bad and the ordering and labelling of VODs too.

There is some stuff I'd like to watch but it's impossible to find.

You'd think after all this time they'd have someone who could split it up and upload properly, or even timestamp each game in the 7 hour block or whatever that they upload.

Use this....so much easier

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/8tkb8t/sgdq_vod_thread_2018/

I just look at the first comment it timestamps to the start of the run

SGDQ is looking very snazzy this year I must say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Unlike the Prevent Cancer Foundation which AGDQ is the benefit of...SGDQ gives to Doctors without borders which legit help people all over the world. This is the one of the two to donate to if you are so inclined.

They do great work and if you havent given to charity this year, they are a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ukx1qubj60611.png

"To refer to someone (transgender) who has changed their name by their previous name."

Wew lad, 2 much drama 4 me to give them a view.

Jaysus... Tough crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

What's dead naming?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What's dead naming?

End of K.O.Kiki's post - "To refer to someone (transgender) who has changed their name by their previous name."

So basically, it's like calling Caitlin Jenner 'Bruce Jenner'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched some of the Tomb Raider run this morning. Damn, that game is glitchy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looking forward to Sonic block as usually

Sonic block is up next :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Sonic block is up next :)
    Oops! Hopefully I'll catch a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure some people are interested but I never understand why they do the really long runs, considering the name of the event. Like I see Skyward Sword is scheduled to last over 5 hours. True, it's quick for that game, but just seems really out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Damn. Just missed sonic block. Never really paid Metroid looking forward to that section now...

Also, Tombraider was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    I'm sure some people are interested but I never understand why they do the really long runs, considering the name of the event. Like I see Skyward Sword is scheduled to last over 5 hours. True, it's quick for that game, but just seems really out of place

Certain games I enjoy the longer runs.
    I was sickened when I saw DOOM up for a speedrun but he glitched his way through it.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Certain games I enjoy the longer runs.
    I was sickened when I saw DOOM up for a speedrun but he glitched his way through it.

Well there are different categories for a reason. Different strokes for different strokes. Glitchless, No major glitches, any%, 100%, and so on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just had a world record there on Spider-Man web of shadows.

And the guy running it seemed incredibly unhyped.

He's either the only one who runs it or he had discovered new tech before the run so knew it would be a WR. Getting a world record is usually a big deal but I've seen people more excited about finding a penny. Was really weird.

Celeste race on now. Some of the devs are on the couch...

• Advertisement

The super mario 3 race was absolutely hilarious. You should watch it all the way to the end. :p

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/278709777?t=4h14m38s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All the good races are at times that just don't suit me. Metroid, Megaman, Mario and Ninja Gaiden are all on when I'm asleep or working :(

Is anyone else not really feeling it this year?
    I normally enjoy Games Done Quick but this time I don't think I'm really enjoying it. It just feels really forced and the nerd humour is really starting to grate.

I felt that at the last one myself. And the absence of Big John in the last few has been really felt. Enjoying this one though but I'm not catching much of it due to the nice weather.

They should bring in a few more insane skill game as well. The Tetris and Stepmania were highlights from previous years. Maybe do some DDR or music game showcases.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've missed a lot of this unfortunately, I normally watch it as much as I can. Any good highlights this week I should watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Watched the Enter the Gungeon run, serves the boy right for trying to run a rougelike :pac:

That guy had terrible RNG for that run. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I watched some of the TAS Bot stuff last night (the Celeste run) and it, as always, really impressed me. They had one of the game's developers on the couch who was vocal in his amazement at just how well they destroyed their game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mario Maker section is fantastic so far.

Edit: that blindfolded level, holy shít.

• Advertisement
Advertisement