Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daily struggles

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nah M, I was always raging. Got into it early and kept my eye in. :D

"Poor lady"? I think you may have missed the "presumptuously" part. Never mind that she was 30, not 90. I'm sorry, but if you're 30, of sound mind and body driving a car on the road and you're unsure about the mind blowingly simple task of filling up said car with go juice it is my strong contention you shouldn't be on the road.

Gee! How do you know the lady was able for it? Really if your fuse is so short maybe a case of people in glass houses? Maybe try helping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I’m convinced that instead of living on an island, it’s actually another planet you’re living on.

:confused:

Why? Because we help each other? And we do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Graces7 wrote: »
    Gee! How do you know the lady was able for it?
    The woman. I have no idea whether she was a "Lady" or not. Secondly she was 30 with all limbs and faculties present and accounted for and a braying voice which suggested her lungs were fit for purpose too. She was in apparent control of a two tonne 4X4, though could barely see over the wheel, so why opening a fuel flap and sticking the nozzle in(Missus!!) escaped her grasp is beyond me.

On that note: Folks with dodgy depths of field, uncoordinated limbs, lacking in stature, or excessively blonde; when buying a car, please consider if you can see over the wheel of same and if getting into a wide open parking space looks like you're attempting to dock the Queen Mary, badly, may I suggest a smaller more practical car would suit you better?
    Really if your fuse is so short maybe a case of people in glass houses? Maybe try helping?
    My fuse is only shortened by selfish morons. As for helping? When I finished fuelling up, I moved my car forward so the woman behind me could get to the pump and got a smile in return and an eye roll towards the bint in the 4X4 who couldn't figure out how to get fuel in her car.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes yes yes, the struggle is real.. I hate sellotape, just when you think you've finally got it, it's gone again..metaphor for life.
    Or some of those "easy open" packets with the tab to pull to open, that when pulled rips a too narrow for the food strip, or the tab itself comes away on its own. Oh and that type of clear packaging on stuff that requires the attentions of an angle grinder or dynamite to open.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Doing your best to be polite by holding the door open to allow 'ladies' to walk through and not even receiving an acknowledgement of the act as they're too busy yakking to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I’m convinced that instead of living on an island, it’s actually another planet you’re living on.

I enjoy having someone from another planet living among us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

oneilla wrote: »
    The machine does the hard work these days.

But there is the putting of it into the machine, then the either putting in the tumble drier or out on the line, the sorting of socks, then finally the folding and putting away. Its boring but essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Try to get the fcuking child to bend in the middle so you can sit them into their car seat

Oh Roger. I really did LOL at that....

Not that it's any consolation BUT you too will look back in years to come and remember these times fondly lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Theres always something breaking or needs to be replaced. Now its my washing machine, you press the right buttons, hear it going on, go back to it later and for some reason it's paused itself :/

Food shopping in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Gee! How do you know the lady was able for it? Really if your fuse is so short maybe a case of people in glass houses? Maybe try helping?
    With all due respect if she can’t put fuel in her car she has no business being in charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Theres always something breaking or needs to be replaced. Now its my washing machine, you press the right buttons, hear it going on, go back to it later and for some reason it's paused itself :/

Food shopping in general.

Yeah, I have a motto ..''If it breaks, it stays broke.'' I can't afford to fix things so they damn well better stay working. For example I have a lovely set of French doors that haven't been opened in 2 years and if I want to light my Stanley stove it requires manipulation with an adjustable spanner because there are several knobs missing. Wish I was rich. Daily struggles :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

and I thought you were such a nice person!:rolleyes:

Poor lady.. I have to get help with that .....
    :confused:

Why? Because we help each other? And we do.

Another daily struggle, reading complete nonsense on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The daily struggle to bite one's tongue on hearing, or reading, complete waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Malayalam wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a motto ..''If it breaks, it stays broke.'' I can't afford to fix things so they damn well better stay working. For example I have a lovely set of French doors that haven't been opened in 2 years and if I want to light my Stanley stove it requires manipulation with an adjustable spanner because there are several knobs missing. Wish I was rich. Daily struggles :P

I feel your pain, and I love your motto! You don't mind if I make it mine as well? :D

Though I could afford to fix things I have trouble to find someone for fixing when it's something I can't do myself.
    The hot water tap of the sink in my bathroom is kind of stuck, tried to open it with a spanner and the cap broke. To get hot water I have to turn the capless thing with all the power in my hands and with lots of WD40. Daily, mornings and evenings, whenever I need to use it.
    I'm getting used to it, but it is really a struggle.

And clingfilm. Bloody clingfilm. It always rips somewhere and then I stand in the kitchen and try to unravel a whole piece and if I manage it, the perfect piece crumples and is useless.
    I hate clingfilm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

erica74 wrote: »
    I get up at 6am every morning and my husband gets up at 7:20. That hour and 20 minutes are lovely, I spend time with my dogs, drink coffee, look at all the internet but, why does this time go so fucking quickly???

Because you are 44.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Draiochtanois, while your solutions are all quite good I think you need to realise that sometimes people simply want to vent. They want to complain or moan without being told 'here's what you're doing wrong and how to fix it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Being stuck in Galway city traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Putting on a work uniform

• Advertisement
Advertisement