Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beach bar Camping

Options
  • 24-06-2018 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Is it possible to camp at the beach bar at Aughris Head? Or any other camping suggestions around Sligo, beside the coast, outside of the paid campsites? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Is it possible to camp at the beach bar at Aughris Head? Or any other camping suggestions around Sligo, beside the coast, outside of the paid campsites? Thanks

It's paid camping at the beach bar but there are a few places along the coast between Aughris and Easkey where people regularly camp "wild". Not exactly signposted but if you follow the coast road from Aughris up to Easkey and explore the side roads you'll see some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Yes, you can camp on the green outside the bar. Pay in the bar before you set up.
    There's showers,toilets at the back of the bar for campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Thanks any idea how to book there? I rang but it went to a voicemail box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I doubt you need to book unless your going August Bank holiday weekend when it gets really busy. And even then, there's bound to be a corner you could fit into if you arrived late on in the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Think it's first-come-first-served.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Thanks for that, any other wild camping spots around the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Message them on facebook? https://www.facebook.com/TheBeachBarSligo/

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Thanks for that, any other wild camping spots around the coast?

The problem is people will be reluctant to publish locations as they want to keep these spots relatively uncrowded. You probably need to go exploring yourself.

Advertisement