Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out n about nipper owners

• 24-06-2018 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hey looking for advice from parents

We’re talking cars at the moment. I want a hatchback that will fit two rearfacing 18kg Seats and my out n about nipper in the boot without needing the wheels to come off. Anyone got experience of one? It’s not the long journey car (we have a big estate with a massive boot plus roof box). This is my every day car

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Not a VW golf anyway....won't fit the buggy.
    Possibly a Ford CMax.Or a VW Jetta....not quite a hatchback but not a full saloon either.I seem to remember hearing Mazdas could be a good option too, not sure what their hatchback models are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Skoda octavia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

We have an Audi Q5. Big car but the spin 360 barely fits behind my tall husband when he is driving. The fitting two rear facing seats might be as much an issue as the boot. ( we have no issues there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

fits wrote: »
    We have an Audi Q5. Big car but the spin 360 barely fits behind my tall husband when he is driving. The fitting two rear facing seats might be as much an issue as the boot. ( we have no issues there).

The spin 360 is the bulkiest we have actually. Good to know thanks. I do plan on bringing carseats and buggy to test drives (even if I look like a crazy lady) but it would be handy to eliminate cars before that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

We had a skoda fabia combi that fitted ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I think the leg room in front of the erfs will catch you more than the boot Space. That said, it might not be as bad with 18kg seats. I used have a Ford Focus hatchback, and the nipper fit in the boot no problem. I only had a minikid at the time though, but leg room in front of that was very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We have a Nissan Leaf and Mitsubishi Outlander phev.

Not a bother with either of them with seats and nipper.

Enjoyed no petrol costs since 2015 as well, as a bonus.

pwurple wrote: »
    We have a Nissan Leaf and Mitsubishi Outlander phev.

Not a bother with either of them with seats and nipper.

Enjoyed no petrol costs since 2015 as well, as a bonus.

Are they rear facing seats?

The spin 360 is the bulkiest we have actually.

It was the only seat that would fit when we bought it. But twins were only just 9 kg at the time. Could probably have more choice now. We need two new car seats now that they have outgrown their infant seats. ( for Childminder’s car)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

mirrorwall is it a single buggy?
    Have an a3 sportsback and love it! Great boot. Boot is longer than a golf.

Is an out n about bigger than a bugaboo cameleon? My bugaboo fits into golf no problem.

I found golf great for leg room for rear facing...a3 doesn’t seem to have as much.
    Golf plus/sv has more head room
    and leg room. I just don’t like the look of it!!!

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    mirrorwall is it a single buggy?
    Have an a3 sportsback and love it! Great boot. Boot is longer than a golf.

Is an out n about bigger than a bugaboo cameleon? My bugaboo fits into golf no problem.

I found golf great for leg room for rear facing...a3 doesn’t seem to have as much.
    Golf plus/sv has more head room
    and leg room. I just don’t like the look of it!!!

Single nipper. I have a small saloon currently but the boot entrance is narrow and I can’t get it in with wheels on. It’s an indulgence I know to shop by wheels on a buggy but I’m not really a big car person so long as it gets me from A to B so I figure this is as good a ways as any for me to narrow the field at the moment. It’s not an urgent replacement, anytime by August 12 months after maternity but I want to have narrowed it down in case mine goes kaput and we have to shop fast, it’s getting old

In a years time or so the older boy will be into a high back booster. He’ll be fine according to centiles until then and we’ve agreed to FF when he’s heading to school (he’ll be 4 and 8 months)

Are they rear facing seats?

They were yes.

Out of the buggy stage now though. ;)

I definitely want an EV next time. If I can convince husband... we will need one guzzler at least for some time yet. ( for towing ). But the other should be an EV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah sorry mirrorwall, i was thought you meant a double nipper, not a single.In that case I'd say a golf would be ok.I fitted a 2014 Vista in it no problem, all wheels still on it and I'd say the single nipper is narrower than that.

Interesting on the Nissan leaf,my husband is all about getting one but I was holding out on the basis the boot looked too small.Going to have to rethink that as our "small" car (big one is an SMax, to fit three carseats across.)

I definitely want an EV next time. If I can convince husband...  we will need one guzzler at least for some time yet. ( for towing ). But the other should be an EV.
    Some of the EVs do towing... depends on your budget. Our outlander does it, and if you have the megabucks, Tesla.

pwurple wrote: »
    Some of the EVs do towing... depends on your budget. Our outlander does it, and if you have the megabucks, Tesla.

Not double horse boxes with two Irish Draught mares on board...

I dunno about that. ;)

Tesla Towing

tesla_qantas-tow-e1526376436868.jpg?resize=2000%2C0&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1

If it’s rated to tow 2500kg or more grand. Hard enough to find a car these days that does that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We have a 2015 Vauxhall Astra. Can get the buggy in the boot with wheels on but much easier if they're off. We can only fit one ERF seat in (behind the passenger seat) because my husband is over 6ft and puts his seat a long way back.

Just redid the colours on mine in purple. I have a lime green hood, liner and kick board. They need a good scrub but before I dump them does anyone want a colour change?

• Advertisement
Advertisement