Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping G driver head broken

Options
  • 24-06-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Just noticed a crack on the top of my ping G driver. Anyone any dealings with ping before on replacing the head. I bought it second hand from a pro shop last month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I bought a used ping G30 a few years ago that developed a crack on the head.

When I called ping about it and they ran the serial numbers and we discovered it was a fake. Hopefully not the same thing for you. (I was actually hitting the fake very well!) I went out a got another used G30 afterwards, wasn't massive better (other than the crack obvs!) I've since moved to M2.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

Perfect ill give them a ring where is the serial number on the head? Was looking at the M2 aswell

kod12 wrote: »
    Perfect ill give them a ring where is the serial number on the head? Was looking at the M2 aswell

You should be able to see it easily. It's on the bottom near the hosel.

This is something I grabbed of the net showing a g30 serial#
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3173234

For me, the G30 was too high spin, never got fitted! When I moved to M2 (2017 model) after a few weeks, I was sending it further than the G30 that I had. Some people claim the 2016 M2 is better than 2017 M2. I can't say, but you can pick the older model up for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

Class thanks for the help. Hoping I can get the head replaced and trade it in the 2016 model was the one i was looking at too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

RoadRunner wrote: »
    ....... I was sending it further than the G30 that I had. ......

Understatement of the year!!:D:D

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Understatement of the year!!:D:D

Say's he who progresses to the next round of our 'winter' matchplay group :rolleyes:

M2 didn't help me enough there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Say's he who progresses to the next round of our 'winter' matchplay group :rolleyes:

M2 didn't help me enough there!

Corballis is not place for a driver!!

Well apart from the 8th, 12th, 15th & 16th!!:D:D

Advertisement