Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children & General Nursing DCU Placements

Options
  • 25-06-2018 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I have applied for Children's & General nursing in DCU as a mature student and scored well in test so I am hoping to get a place this year fingers crossed!

Just wondering if anyone had any information regarding placements? There is so much info on line and other forums about General but I can't seem to find much on the C&G integrated course. I know for the children side of things placements are in Temple street but just a little unsure of where the general placements are. Someone told me its between the mater, bon secures and the hermitage is this true? Do we get to choose between them or do we have to do all three? Also what way are placements laid out over the 4.5 years like how many weeks do you do in each year etc and when does internship start?

Sorry for all the questions, Just trying to figure it all out before the CAO change of mind closes in July.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MyAnatomy

I'm not sure of the answer to your post but I'm applying this year to trinity and UCD and I'm part of s group on Facebook called ' rollercoaster nursing/midwives'

There's so many people on there applying for mature nursing and others who are currently doing it so there's so much info and people willing to help I'm sure someone will know the answers to all your questions :)

NalaLu wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have applied for Children's & General nursing in DCU as a mature student and scored well in test so I am hoping to get a place this year fingers crossed!

Just wondering if anyone had any information regarding placements? There is so much info on line and other forums about General but I can't seem to find much on the C&G integrated course. I know for the children side of things placements are in Temple street but just a little unsure of where the general placements are. Someone told me its between the mater, bon secures and the hermitage is this true? Do we get to choose between them or do we have to do all three? Also what way are placements laid out over the 4.5 years like how many weeks do you do in each year etc and when does internship start?

Sorry for all the questions, Just trying to figure it all out before the CAO change of mind closes in July.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Advertisement