Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add spouse to current account

Options
  • 25-06-2018 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, I want to add my wife to my existing current account (making it a joint account) and credit card, can you tell me the process to do this? I don't want to setup a separate joint account in addition to the account I have, just want one current account (my existing one).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

KingCong wrote: »
    Hi, I want to add my wife to my existing current account (making it a joint account) and credit card, can you tell me the process to do this? I don't want to setup a separate joint account in addition to the account I have, just want one current account (my existing one).

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can request an additional card holder on your credit card by calling us on 0818 251 251 and the advisers there will be happy to arrange this for you.
    In relation to your current account, we can't add a name to an existing current account, you can however open a new account joint account and then request to change over any Direct Debits or standing orders to the new account once it's opened.

Please let me know if I could help you with this.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can request an additional card holder on your credit card by calling us on 0818 251 251 and the advisers there will be happy to arrange this for you.
    In relation to your current account, we can't add a name to an existing current account, you can however open a new account joint account and then request to change over any Direct Debits or standing orders to the new account once it's opened.

Please let me know if I could help you with this.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thanks Darren for the info, that's a pity about the current account, the reason I wanted to add to the existing account was to avoid all the hassle of changing direct debits etc. Since it sounds like I'll have to do that now I may as well move current account to another bank with free fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

BTW what's the local number of that 0818 number, don't fancy paying over the odds call charges while stuck on hold to you guys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

BTW what's the local number of that 0818 number, don't fancy paying over the odds call charges while stuck on hold to you guys too.

Hi KingCong,

Thanks for your reply.
    An alternative number to call is 0567757747 to speak with our Credit Cards team.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement