Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT HELP NEEDED WITH BOI 365 LOGIN/ VISA CARD THEFT

Options
  • 25-06-2018 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there

My wallet (with all my BOI visa cards) was stolen a week ago; I am currently in-between addresses, and engineering a move out of Ireland.

I am also dealing with a difficult domestic situation; my ex has access to my online logins and has deliberately changed the pin numbers to block me from logging in. Meanwhile, even though I've cancelled my cards, the bank has no way of sending new cards to me, because I don't have a new address in place. My ex has put his mobile number on the account, so any change of address request means that a PIN number will be sent to his phone to facilitate this.

As it stands, I am stuck abroad with zero access to my bank account and no way of retrieving it. BOI staff on the phone require my Visa card number (which is lost, so I can't provide this) to grant me access back into my account.

Meanwhile, I require proof of address to open a new bank account in the new country - which I can only do when I have found a place to live. 

SO: BOI STAFF: WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS SITUATION? 
    All I am requesting is that you grant me the option of changing my pin, via ANY other verification means except my Visa card number (this isn't the actual card number, but a number printed at the bottom of the card). 

Please respond. It is a desperate situation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

piki2 wrote: »
    Hi there

My wallet (with all my BOI visa cards) was stolen a week ago; I am currently in-between addresses, and engineering a move out of Ireland.

I am also dealing with a difficult domestic situation; my ex has access to my online logins and has deliberately changed the pin numbers to block me from logging in. Meanwhile, even though I've cancelled my cards, the bank has no way of sending new cards to me, because I don't have a new address in place. My ex has put his mobile number on the account, so any change of address request means that a PIN number will be sent to his phone to facilitate this.

As it stands, I am stuck abroad with zero access to my bank account and no way of retrieving it. BOI staff on the phone require my Visa card number (which is lost, so I can't provide this) to grant me access back into my account.

Meanwhile, I require proof of address to open a new bank account in the new country - which I can only do when I have found a place to live. 

SO: BOI STAFF: WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN THIS SITUATION? 
    All I am requesting is that you grant me the option of changing my pin, via ANY other verification means except my Visa card number (this isn't the actual card number, but a number printed at the bottom of the card). 

Please respond. It is a desperate situation.

Thanks.

Hi piki2,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I understand that my colleagues were looking after you on Twitter, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement