Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay Broadband not working in Tenerife

Options
  • 25-06-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi 
    I have an eir (meteor) broadband sim in A Huawei e8278s dongle. There is an active 30 day pass active from 13th June with about 3gb used of the 50gb allowance. It was working fine in Ireland however it is not connecting on Tenerife.
    I have ensured roaming is switched on. It will connect to movistar and orange and I am getting 4 bars but no data flows. I have checked the Apn to be correct. I have placed my wife's 3 sim in the device and it connects and gives Internet immediately.
    Please advise as I activated the 30 euro top up specifically so I could use it while here. I look forward to a speedy response 
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

optoron wrote: »
    Hi 
    I have an eir (meteor) broadband sim in A Huawei e8278s dongle. There is an active 30 day pass active from 13th June with about 3gb used of the 50gb allowance. It was working fine in Ireland however it is not connecting on Tenerife.
    I have ensured roaming is switched on. It will connect to movistar and orange and I am getting 4 bars but no data flows. I have checked the Apn to be correct. I have placed my wife's 3 sim in the device and it connects and gives Internet immediately.
    Please advise as I activated the 30 euro top up specifically so I could use it while here. I look forward to a speedy response 
    Thanks
    Hi optoron ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2 optoron

Thomas you are a star. 2 hours after initial post and all sorted. Hats off to Eir customer service. Thanks and enjoy the weather. Think it's gonna be hotter in Ireland than Tenerife this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

optoron wrote: »
    Thomas you are a star. 2 hours after initial post and all sorted. Hats off to Eir customer service. Thanks and enjoy the weather. Think it's gonna be hotter in Ireland than Tenerife this week.
    No problem at all, I'm glad to hear its been resolved.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement