Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You can't deny that around the country there are people who would like to attend but can't because tickets were dishonestly taken. Yeah, so what, maybe they should have known from instagram or snapchat how to get the links to order them. The fact that there are a lot of older people who didn't grow up with the internet or have access to it might not have registered with you.

There were a fixed amount of tickets. So even if one of those people had ordered a ticket just before the last one was taken, all it would have meant is that there would be a different person missing out. Not everyone is just selfishly focused on themselves. Some realise that even though they themselves might have gotten a ticket, the fact that dickheads dishonestly took them is still preventing someone else from having the option

Bullsh1t, the tickets were available right to to when the window for selling them closed. They didn't sell out our hit the demand they were expecting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bullsh1t, the tickets were available right to to when the window for selling them closed. They didn't sell out.
    This is the important point that has been missed in the fake sob story

....... wrote: »
    There is no dishonest taking of tickets and its absolutely moronic to suggest that there was.

Free tickets are free tickets, everyone is equally entitled to request them - regardless of reason.

Everyone in the country had an equal chance to get tickets - if your makey uppey relative didnt manage to get one then thats their problem.
    +1
    My taxes (incredulous as it is) are being used to pay for the paedophile ringleader so I'm perfectly entitled to take my free tickets.
    It will be nice to take the bus for free that day, to attend the Amnesty International leader's protest instead of supporting the paedophile rapists and child murderers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

....... wrote: »
    Everyone in the country had an equal chance to get tickets - if your makey uppey relative didnt manage to get one then thats their problem.

If I could put a curse on you I'd put a painful screaming death of cancer on one of your relatives for that disgusting comment.

"makey uppey". What a cunt of a thing to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I'm not going to bother to respond to you again and your evil **** posts

Were you not banned from this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

If I could put a curse on you I'd put a painful screaming death of cancer on one of your relatives for that disgusting comment.

"Makey Uppey relative" --- "a painful screaming death of cancer on one of your relatives"

Seem proportional.

Ye gods man, calm down.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    "Makey Uppey relative" --- "a painful screaming death of cancer on one of your relatives"

Seem proportional.

Ye gods man, calm down.

My relative is apparently "makey uppey" because she is recovering from cancer treatment. Whether those posters are saying that I don't have relatives, or that none of my relatives could have cancer or whether my relative is lying to the rest of us is not clear.

So perfectly proportional

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What a fucking hero.

A relative of mine wanted to book a ticket but they had all been taken. She was going through her last round of chemo at the time so she obviously had other things on her mind. Only just getting over it now. Luckily another relative had a spare one because someone couldn't go but she had friends in similar situations. She had been very disappointed when she couldn't get one.

What if a retaliative of somebody else who was abused wanted to book 1000's of tickets because they are still waiting on a proper apology, meaningful action and compensation for a priest/nun/the church ruining their lives.

Would you deny them this wish or would you prefer to do what the church does and deny them some sense of something because of what the church did to them, even if that feeling is just a small feeling of revenge?

Cabaal wrote: »
    What if a retaliative of somebody else who was abused wanted to book 1000's of tickets because they are still waiting on a proper apology, meaningful action and compensation for a priest/nun/the church ruining their lives.

Would you deny them this wish or would you prefer to do what the church does and deny them some sense of something because of what the church did to them, even if that feeling is just a small feeling of revenge?

"Whatabout"

The go to tool of the person without a logical argument.

It's disgraceful to be using the hurt and pain of genuine victims to justify one's own bigotry. Anyone who does so, should be ashamed of themselves.

If a person who had a "retaliative" who was abused, has waited until now, and the sum of their efforts to help that person consists of anonymously signing up for tickets with fake email addresses in order to deny some pensioner from Mayo of the chance to attend an event they want to, then they might want to take a good look at themselves and ask themselves if they really give a fuck about that "retaliative"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Actually, I used the wrong term.

It should have been your "convenient makey uppey relative".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I applied for tickets and still havnt received them? Did they come out Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

"Whatabout"

The go to tool of the person without a logical argument.

It's disgraceful to be using the hurt and pain of genuine victims to justify one's own bigotry. Anyone who does so, should be ashamed of themselves.

Didnt you just do that when you wished a death screaming of cancer on someone you dont know and have never met, a totally innocent being?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Donald Trump, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

Is that why you use makey uppey ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So after all the belly-aching and namecalling from the pope lovers nobody who wanted a ticket was actually prevented from getting one as it didnt sell out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Have people received their tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Warper wrote: »
    Have people received their tickets?

I got mine late last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

If a person who had a "retaliative" who was abused, has waited until now, and the sum of their efforts to help that person consists of anonymously signing up for tickets with fake email addresses in order to deny some pensioner from Mayo of the chance to attend an event they want to, then they might want to take a good luck at themselves and ask themselves if they really give a fuck about that "retaliative"

It has been repeatedly said to you that the tickets were taken down from sale as the sale window had expired. NOT that they ran out.

Nobody denied anybody anything. Nobody, not a single sinner, zip, zilch.
    You are finding outrage where there is none to be had.

Stop being so bloody obtuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Selling 12x pope tickets - anyone interested? :):eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Selling 12x pope tickets - anyone interested?

I'm sorted thanks. I have 40.

Selling 12x pope tickets - anyone interested? :):eek:

I have 24 of them to print out and burn later

• Advertisement

I have 24 of them to print out and burn later

Would deleting the email not serve the same purpose whilst saving paper?;)

For anyone that did actually get tickets, is it even possible to flog them / give them away? Are ppl genuinely looking for them? Done Deal etc for example has no ads up as far as I can see...

You cant recite the incantations while deleting an email. It just isn't the same.

Nope, fcuk the environment too, bought some incense in Veritas to make it all ceremonial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I wish he wasn't coming. The anti Church sentiment has gotten more vocal. There are various ignoramuses out there who will be intent on causing trouble. It all seemed to get more vicious around the time of the referendum, when Catholics were deemed to be anti-woman and uncaring for being pro-life. These are hypocritical times!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I'm sorted thanks. I have 40.

Edgy. Not.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I wish he wasn't coming. The anti Church sentiment has gotten more vocal. There are various ignoramuses out there who will be intent on causing trouble. It all seemed to get more vicious around the time of the referendum, when Catholics were deemed to be anti-woman and uncaring for being pro-life. These are hypocritical times!

the only ignoramuses (ignorami?) are those who continue to support an organisation that they know facilitated and covered-up child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

For anyone that did actually get tickets, is it even possible to flog them / give them away? Are ppl genuinely looking for them? Done Deal etc for example has no ads up as far as I can see...

Have you tried selling them on seatwave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It's interesting that you label those who are anti-church as "ignoramuses" [sic] yet it would appear that the opposite is true - ie those who validate the head paedophile coming here would seem to me to be of lower intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's interesting that you label those who are anti-church as "ignoramuses" [sic] yet it would appear that the opposite is true - ie those who validate the head paedophile coming here would seem to me to be of lower intelligence.

Head paedophile? Whats your evidence of him involved in paedophilia?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

I mean... if you're a receptionist for the axis of evil*, you're still a member of a horrible organisation and guilty by proxy.

(*yes, I know this is robbed from Bill Bailey :pac: )

verycool wrote: »
    I mean... if you're a receptionist for the axis of evil*, you're still a member of a horrible organisation and guilty by proxy.

(*yes, I know this is robbed from Bill Bailey :pac: )

Suppose all Muslims are guilty of Islamic terrorism then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Not comparable. But if their Imams purposefully covered up acts of rape and molestation... then your comment would make sense.

Not comparable. But if their Imams purposefully covered up acts of rape and molestation... then your comment would make sense.

Definitely comparable. Just not as as edgy to have a go another group.

Members of a group that blow themselves up or helped create an Isis style world view. Same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

They don't have to - the UK police do a very good job of that for them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A heavily flawed comparison.

The pope is the head of the Catholic church and heads the Vatican, the Vatican specifically wrote rules on how to silence and cover up abuses. The pope and the Vatican dictate church teachings and can edited and change what priests say at mass around the world. A random Muslim person simply cannot and does not have such power over Imam's like you are trying to compare with your flawed comparison.

To this very day the Vatican flat out refuses to release its records on abuse to ANY country that has requested them and its also refused to give them to the UN. The Vatican/Pope have never demanded that catholic organisations should pay the millions they owe to abuse victims.

If the pope (as the leader) wanted to change any of the above he could merely do so with a few words, but yet all we hear is meaningless apology's with no actions behind them.

The fact he refuses to change Vatican policy's means he is happy for the church to continue its mission....to wait until all the abuse victims are dead. A perfect way to avoid paying millions.

A flawed comparison.

The pope is the head of the Catholic church and heads the Vatican, the Vatican specifically wrote rules on how to silence and cover up abuses.

To this very day the Vatican flat out refuses to release its records on abuse to ANY country that has requested them and its also refused to give them to the UN. The Vatican/Pope have never demanded that catholic organisations should pay the millions they owe to abuse victims.

If the pope (as the leader) wanted to change any of the above he could merely do so with a few words, but yet all we hear is meaningless apology's with no actions behind them.

The fact he refuses to change Vatican policy's means he is happy for the church to continue its mission....to wait until all the abuse victims are dead.

More fair comparison the King of Saudi Arabia then.

Its a bit like the Head Vampire in The Lost Boys.

Only more sinister.

More fair comparison the King of Saudi Arabia then.

I'm curious, whats with the whatabouttery?
    Is the King if Saudi Arabia being welcome at a big event in the phoenix park this month? (nope)

We're talking about the pope, the fact he's being welcome at massive tax payer expense to Ireland, the catholic church's role in pain and suffering in Ireland and how they've mistreated many of our citizens for decades

If you want to continue this silly whataboutery are you going to try compare to David Miscavige next?
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is the King if Saudi Arabia being welcome at a big event in the phoenix park this month? (nope)

We're talking about the pope, the fact he's being welcome at massive tax payer expense to Ireland, the catholic church's role in pain and suffering in Ireland and how they've mistreated many of our citizens for decades

If you want to continue this silly whataboutery are you going to try compare to David Miscavige next?

So no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

ELM327 wrote: »

The fact that he and his predecessors do everything in their power to cover up for kiddy fiddler priests around the world rather than make any effort to protect innocent vulnerable children from predatory priests that work for him makes him responsible.

RustyNut wrote: »
    The fact that he and his predecessors do everything in their power to cover up for kiddy fiddler priests around the world rather than make any effort to protect innocent vulnerable children from predatory priests that work for him makes him responsible.

What has he personally done to cover up child abuse?

So no answer.

do you accept that the pope is the head of an organisation that faciliated and covered up the abuse of children? Do you accept that they continue to cover up that abuse by refusing to cooperate with law enforcement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

So dont give any recognition for all the positive contribution in health, education, social care, care for physically and mentally disabled when various governments made f..all contribution.
    No just jump on the bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Advertisement

do you accept that the pope is the head of an organisation that faciliated and covered up the abuse of children? Do you accept that they continue to cover up that abuse by refusing to cooperate with law enforcement?

Do you mean that you believe abuse by Priests is continyuing to this day with children?

And of course the dog and the street knows that abusr was coveres up at different branches.

Whether i think this pope was involved, i doubt it or have seen zero evidence of it.

Id be surprised that church officials were not co operating with investigations in this country with new guidelines in place

Edgware wrote: »
    So dont give any recognition for all the positive contribution in health, education, social care, care for physically and mentally disabled when various governments made f..all contribution.

Do you think their good deeds outweighs their abuses and if so why?

Normally people think that even 1 bad deed outweighs many good deeds - its interesting that you have the opposite view.

If someone did good work helping the elderly for years and then raped some children, do you think that they should be let out of prison because they did a lot of good stuff and it outweighs the bad stuff?

Was Hitler ok because he was an animal lover?

Whether i think this pope was involved, i doubt it or have seen zero evidence of it.

He himself has apologised for being caught out covering up for a prolific abuser in Chile recently.

He only apologised because he was caught out covering up.

But on a broader scale - you dont get to be the head of the most evil organisation in the world without getting some blood on your hands.

Not released Vatican records when requested,

its all very simply. what won't he do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

RustyNut wrote: »

He has not ordered his minions to hand over files that the Vatican holds on suspected paedophile priests around the world to the relevant authorities to investigate and protect potential future victims.

• Advertisement
Advertisement