Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hill 16 holds almost 15,000 on it's own. There are more stands at that end too.

As I say either you or RTE are telling porkies.

You'd get around 13000 if you included the Railway end and Nally Terrrace

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

votecounts wrote: »
    Good crowd there in all fairness

Considering I binned 67,766 tickets its damn ****ing good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah "dumping" those tickets are the highlight of his life leave him be.

Thanks Homer J

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

OK then. Thanks for the information.

Pity...I've now to write a blog about people saying then binned tickets, but I've no evidence that it happened.

I hope people don't think I'm lying.

Oh your reply was so much cattier and dismissive than mine :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosie2018

Hill 16 holds almost 15,000 on it's own. There are more stands at that end too.

As I say either you or RTE are telling porkies.

What's the latest from the BBC? Don't have it in my area..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

awec wrote: »
    Christians don't have a monopoly on these values (except the faith one). These are just normal values of being a decent person. Nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

It is indeed ironic to see these labelled as "christian values", given how much the church has struggled with them.

But espoused by Christian organisations who are the biggest providers of education and healthcare in the world outside of state provided services.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RobertKK wrote: »
    But espoused by Christian organisations who are the biggest providers of education and healthcare in the world outside of state provided services.
    Irrelevant. Though once again I take issue with the idea that Christian organisations espouse these values.

These are not christian values, christians should stop trying to pretend that you have to be christian to be a decent person.

Autochange wrote: »
    I have the right to defend my actions and state my position. If nobody believes me I don't care. Ok snowflake

Snowflake retort, love it :pac:
    But you clearly do as you keep replying. You didnt state your position, you flat out made up a story which never happened. And ya nobody believes you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

A modern day interpretation of the crucifixion - Daniel and his woeful backing singers did well crucifying that song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

I just hope the failings of the Catholic Church don’t overshadow the genuinity of this event.

Christians don't have a monopoly on these values (except the faith one). These are just normal values of being a decent person. Nothing whatsoever to do with religion. May as well just call them "values of not being a dick".

It is indeed ironic to see these labelled as "christian values", given how much the church has struggled with them.

They were radical 2000 years ago when Christ preached. The Beatitudes etc. See the way they indirectly influenced people like you?

You're not into pagan sacrifice of humans.. I assume, feeding people to lions, killing your brother. Christian values revolutionised the world.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Snowflake retort, love it :pac:
    But you clearly do as you keep replying. You didnt state your position, you flat out made up a story which never happened. And ya nobody believes you

It happened for sure. I don't mind. Don't let it upset you.
    Say 5 hail marys to calm yourself down

Irrelevant. Though once again I take issue with the idea that Christian organisations espouse these values.

These are not christian values, christians should stop trying to pretend that you have to be christian to be a decent person.

You don’t have a western society that is not built on Christian values. Stop being naive.

Just because he didn't get his way you call foul. The sense of entitlement nowadays tut tut

No i call foul because you clearly didnt do it :pac:
    when did it cool to start calling people snowflake when you lost a argument, dam i miss keyboard warrior, was far sexier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Rosie2018 wrote: »
    They were radical 2000 years ago when Christ preached. The Beatitudes etc. See the way they indirectly influenced people like you?

You're not into pagan sacrifice of humans.. I assume, feeding people to lions, killing your brother. Christian values revolutionised the world.

Typical Christian. Never mind all the other religions in the World :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I just hope the failings of the Catholic Church don’t overshadow the genuinity of this event.

There's some powerful stories coming out here at this event this evening- the Pope's presence is incidental- it's the event that's powerful and it's led by ordinary people.

And now they're singing Bob Dylan- woop woop!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

And that makes you feel good? Your heart is heavy Francie boy- heavy. I feel your pain. Let it release Francie, let it go. We're all here for you. Switch on RTE 2, there's wonderful singing taking place. Lift up your little broken heart Francie boy.

There, there.

RTE 1 is much less of a bore-fest. Despicable Me is on!

It happened for sure. I don't mind. Don't let it upset you.
    Say 5 hail marys to calm yourself down

OMG you are on fire a hail mary put down. Bam two in a row, how do i recover from this. I feel you missed your true calling as a rapper
    And ya it didnt happen. Your clearly bull****ting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Ah "dumping" those tickets are the highlight of his life leave him be.

nah... his sleep in on Sunday mornings is just as good.........

No i call foul because you clearly didnt do it :pac:
    when did it cool to start calling people snowflake when you lost a argument, dam i miss keyboard warrior, was far sexier

There was no argument. I did it and some can't accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Christ....

That guy who binned all those tickets have saved some people their hearing!

Discodog wrote: »
    Typical Christian. Never mind all the other religions in the World :rolleyes:

Nice to see the respect you have for all religions. Your coming around ;)

Where you are going wrong here is you think that without christianity we'd all be running around killing our brother, feeding people to lions etc.

Christians like to think they are the reason for decency, the reason we aren't all maniacal mass murderers. They are wrong, a delusion of grandeur and self-importance.

For what it's worth, religion, especially christianity, is also the reason why for so long women were treated as lesser people, black people were treated as lesser people, gay people were treated as lesser people etc etc. Christians, over the years, have been more than happy to stigmatize, enslave and murder people in the name of expanding their customer base flock.

And finally, I have no time for any religion whatsoever, I find them all moronic and detrimental to society, but I find the catholic church particularly repugnant given it's past in Ireland (and elsewhere) and subsequent actions. I have no time for this pope, he is all talk and no action, same as all the rest. Less interested in doing the right thing, more interested in making sure the catholic PR machine keeps churning.

There was no argument. I did it and some can't accept it.

Ya sure you did ;)

Serious question..

Why are all these anti pope Francis visit people watching him on tv??

What kind of 'revolutionaries' are ye?

Ya sure you did ;)

Save the wink for the priest.

Nice to see the respect you have for all religions. Your coming around ;)

Well I have looked at most of the religions in the World & the RC Church would be right at the bottom of my list.

But that is adding stuff I never said. You added your view as if a Christian believes a non Christian can't be a good person. I don't believe that.

Save the wink for the priest.

Oh come on you are better than that, i will give you a mulligan :pac:

That is very sad about the terrorist attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Colm O'Gorman knocking it out of the park on Channel 4 News.

'You want me to get excited because somebody calls the rape of a child 'repellent'?'

Newscaster just nodded his head and smiled. Brilliant.

* Awaits the ire of Rosie for watching the news. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well I have looked at most of the religions in the World & the RC Church would be right at the bottom of my list.

:pac:

If only we had Muhammad and the clerics. We'd be much better off.

Oh come on you are better than that, i will give you a mulligan :pac:

What's a Mulligan?

Where you are going wrong here is you think that without christianity we'd all be running around killing our brother, feeding people to lions etc.

Christians like to think they are the reason for decency, the reason we aren't all maniacal mass murderers. They are wrong, a delusion of grandeur and self-importance.

For what it's worth, religion, especially christianity, is also the reason why for so long women were treated as lesser people, black people were treated as lesser people, gay people were treated as lesser people etc etc. Christians, over the years, have been more than happy to stigmatize, enslave and murder people in the name of expanding their customer base flock.

And finally, I have no time for any religion whatsoever, I find them all moronic and detrimental to society, but I find the catholic church particularly repugnant given it's past and subsequent actions.

You can't prove they are wrong and that Christianity and other religions had a role in 'taming the savage nature of man' as the Greek philosophers used say.

You can see nothing good in Christianity and never will. It's myopic.

RobertKK wrote: »
    That is very sad about the terrorist attack.

Autochange/awec etc. delighted by it.

You can't prove they are wrong and that Christianity and other religions had a role in 'taming the savage beast' as the Greek philosophers used say.

That's not how it works.

Colm O'Gorman knocking it out of the park on Channel 4 News.

'You want me to get excited because somebody calls the rape of a child 'repellent'?'

Newscaster just nodded his head and smiled. Brilliant.

* Awaits the ire of Rosie for watching the news. :)

Onto channel 4 now.. good Francie..

Autochange/awec etc. delighted by it.

?? What

:pac:

If only we had Muhammad and the clerics. We'd be much better off.

Most Muslims I have met are far more christian than the church goers.

• Advertisement

Too bad dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Or people outraged by institutional abuse, paedophilia and subsequent cover up by an organisation that still refuses to make amends, that still acts like it has a shred of moral authority and that still behaves like it should have any influence in modern Ireland.

But I'll let you decide for yourself.

Said people have no problem whatsoever dishing out harsh criticisms in all directions.....not too fond on receiving any though.

Most Muslims I have met are far more christian than the church goers.

The same muslims who pass kids around for everyone to have a go on the kid?

Yeah much better raped by a gang. Hipster tendencies trump kids safety.

Ha ha
    Ha ha

Too bad dog.

Too bad that the RC will barely exist in Ireland. It's a fast decline

You can't prove they are wrong and that Christianity and other religions had a role in 'taming the savage nature of man' as the Greek philosophers used say.

Well religion obviously refined man, from the very first animal gods to modern religion. Its why humans survived

• Advertisement

That's not how it works.

Well I'm afraid it does. I gave you factual changes post Christianity. You gave me opinion.

Ha ha
    Ha ha

Glad you agree

Well I'm afraid it does. I gave you factual changes post Christianity. You gave me opinion.
    No no. You gave me opinion, do not get confused and think otherwise.

I don't have to prove you wrong. That is like me saying I am jesus himself, you must prove me wrong otherwise I am unquestionably correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well religion obviously refined man, from the very first animal gods to modern religion. Its why humans survived

Was that what all those religious wars and butchery that went on, was for? Refining men? Who knew!

More nonsense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement