Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washing

• 25-06-2018 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Can anyone recommend someone who does power washing for gardens. Someone who is very reasonable and not expensive and will do good job.

Many thanks
    Post edited by yop on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think Aldi were selling a cheap power washer for about €60 last week if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My answer is different as well.

I haven't used the powerwasher on the driveway/concrete paths/patios since I was told about something called "Chloras"

You pick up 5ltr for about €6 in a co-op or farm shop and mix a small bit in a watering can and the rest water and the cover the area you want cleaned. I agitate it in with a yard brush and then after about 15 minutes I hose it down. Might dry quickly in this weather.

The fact it has Chlorine in it means you need to be wary of kids and pets when treating the area. Depending on how bad the area is you might want to try that before paying for a handyman with a powerwasher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Berty wrote: »
    My answer is different as well.

I haven't used the powerwasher on the driveway/concrete paths/patios since I was told about something called "Chloras"

You pick up 5ltr for about €6 in a co-op or farm shop and mix a small bit in a watering can and the rest water and the cover the area you want cleaned. I agitate it in with a yard brush and then after about 15 minutes I hose it down. Might dry quickly in this weather.

The fact it has Chlorine in it means you need to be wary of kids and pets when treating the area. Depending on how bad the area is you might want to try that before paying for a handyman with a powerwasher.

That stuff is like magic, power washer has been gathering dust since I started using chloras to clean the back and front garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Just make sure that when you use chloras there is no run off onto tarmac.

It’s the best thing to clean cement/concrete but it will eat tarmac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭lazyman

Chloras is the business, I used it 1 litre to 3 litres of water, spread over the paths with a large watering can
    Then gently rub with a yard brush to ensure it gets to all areas
    Leave for half hour and wash off with a hose and you'll notice a massive difference once it dries
    Bit of advice though in this weather you should hose down the paths before starting to have them wet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement