Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't "downgrade" bundle unless I sign up for another 12 months

Options
  • 25-06-2018 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm out of my 18-month "eir complete Broadband & Phone" contract now about a month now. I was looking at my telephone usage for the past few months and there were no phone calls made to either land line or mobiles so having the "eir Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK" is a waste of money for me. 

I called the customer care team to talk about removing this from the bundle. I was told that this could be done, but that I'd have to sign a 12 month contract. I don't want to do this, as I'll probably be moving to another provider in the next few months.

Is signing a new contract the only way to remove this part of the bundle? Surely that's not fair. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

gerard1970 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm out of my 18-month "eir complete Broadband & Phone" contract now about a month now. I was looking at my telephone usage for the past few months and there were no phone calls made to either land line or mobiles so having the "eir Talk Unlimited National, Mobile & UK" is a waste of money for me. 

I called the customer care team to talk about removing this from the bundle. I was told that this could be done, but that I'd have to sign a 12 month contract. I don't want to do this, as I'll probably be moving to another provider in the next few months.

Is signing a new contract the only way to remove this part of the bundle? Surely that's not fair. 
    Hi gerard1970 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Thanks, Thomas!  PM sent just now.

Hi Thomas, just wondering if there's an update on this. I sent you a PM, but haven't heard back yet.

Hi Thomas, just wondering if there's an update on this. I sent you a PM, but haven't heard back yet.
    Hi gerard1970 ,

I have checked this out and I can confirm you should have the ability to downgrade without signing up to a new contract.

I would reccomend contacting our support team and they can look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi gerard1970 ,

I have checked this out and I can confirm you should have the ability to downgrade without signing up to a new contract.

I would reccomend contacting our support team and they can look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Great, thanks Thomas!

• Advertisement

Hi gerard1970 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Great, thanks Thomas!
    No problem at all!

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement