Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop SMS when crossing borders

Options
  • 25-06-2018 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to stop the SMS you receive when coming into another country.  I recently traveled the border between Switserland, Austria and Germany and received no less than 7 SMS in 1 hour (and a few later that day too).

I do not really have a need for these as I am well aware of your policies.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

bigar wrote: »
    Is there a way to stop the SMS you receive when coming into another country.  I recently traveled the border between Switserland, Austria and Germany and received no less than 7 SMS in 1 hour (and a few later that day too).

I do not really have a need for these as I am well aware of your policies.

Thank you
    Hi bigar ,

Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided. When the handset picks up service from another country, we would automatically send an advice of charge text to make sure the customer is aware of the charges.

If you do not want these texts coming through, I would recommend keeping your phone on aeroplane mode.

Thanks

Thomas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Just surprised you were not advised to leave your phone at home. LOL

Advertisement