Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jds-050 replacement

Options
  • 25-06-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

One of my son's controllers seems to have the usb port broken on it and it won't charge anymore. Opened it up and the connector board is a jds-050 but I can't find any for sale anywhere, just jds-040, anyone know if these will work ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

One of my son's controllers seems to have the usb port broken on it and it won't charge anymore. Opened it up and the connector board is a jds-050 but I can't find any for sale anywhere, just jds-040, anyone know if these will work ?

A google search would suggest they are not compatible. Instead you could buy a controller dock from smyths 25euro and will charge the controller from the bottom port this would be cheaper then replacing the controller and if you have any more controllers it might prevent them bing damaged
    On a side note it’s best not to let kids use the controller while it’s charging as the USB ports are fairly fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Thanks never knew the cradle charged via a different port!

Advertisement